Page 2590 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 15902090249025402580258825892590259125922600264026903090 ... LastLast
Results 51,781 to 51,800 of 67649
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Hahaha! That was genius!!!!!
    Well, now I HAVE to forgive you.

Were there people on the thread saying they would rather lose last night?
    There were yesterday. I want to win every game but I do admit the prospect of playing UNC in the final four makes me feel vaguely ill. If it happens so be it but I’ll be rooting for the peacocks today.

Hotel booked for Saturday. Haven't booked Monday yet.

Should I be honest with work and tell them, yeah, I will be here in body but I'm locked in on something else right now?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Should I be honest with work and tell them, yeah, I will be here in body but I'm locked in on something else right now?
    No. Share only what is required.

Let them figure it out based on your work quality.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Let them figure it out based on your work quality.
    What if there isn't any drop off?

Casual dress code means I washed allllll my Duke gear today, because I’m not wearing anything else to school this week.

I actually ventured into Crapel Hell this morning - Friends of the Library's first book sale in two years. Made a point to NOT wear anything that said Duke, just to avoid the jerks, but I did wear a Duke blue hoodie. As we were waiting in line, a tiny little girl walked in wearing a pink Duke sweatshirt, and a tutu. I thought, You GO, girl! More guts than I.

Honestly, I just did not want to have to punch someone.

Got a bag of 28 books for $10.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I actually ventured into Crapel Hell this morning - Friends of the Library's first book sale in two years. Made a point to NOT wear anything that said Duke, just to avoid the jerks, but I did wear a Duke blue hoodie. As we were waiting in line, a tiny little girl walked in wearing a pink Duke sweatshirt, and a tutu. I thought, You GO, girl! More guts than I.

Honestly, I just did not want to have to punch someone.

Got a bag of 28 books for $10.
    Yay for books.

Now, for the very interesting game...

It begins...but how will it end? The basketball gods are fickle and not to be trusted even when their endgame seems apparent.

Will this be the most decorated Final 4 of all time? Kansas with 3, Duke with 5, Villanova with 3, UNC with 6.

Will this be the most decorated Final 4 of all time? Kansas with 3, Duke with 5, Villanova with 3, UNC with 6.
    Yeah, I made the comment in the other thread that for all the tumult of the NCAA tournament and the obvious intrigue of Duke/UNC, this is a boring blue blood, entirely expected final four.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yeah, I made the comment in the other thread that for all the tumult of the NCAA tournament and the obvious intrigue of Duke/UNC, this is a boring blue blood, entirely expected final four.
    The only unexpected team there is UNC based on seeding. And if you've watched them the last 6 weeks this isn't a surprise at all. Plus they have the most titles won of anyone in the group.

It’s happening.
    And we’re going to beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    It’s happening.
    And we’re going to beat them.
    Might as well, since we're playing.

The only unexpected team there is UNC based on seeding. And if you've watched them the last 6 weeks this isn't a surprise at all. Plus they have the most titles won of anyone in the group.
    UNC always had more roster talent than their first half of the year play indicated. They were pre-season top 20, IIRC. I didn't expect them to do this but at the same time it's not THAT unexpected, you know?

In the commercial for the upcoming Grammy awards, I had not heard of a single one of the performers. Should I be embarrassed or proud?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    In the commercial for the upcoming Grammy awards, I had not heard of a single one of the performers. Should I be embarrassed or proud?
    Proud.

Proud.
    Proud we've aged out of the mainstream?