Page 2583 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 15832083248325332573258125822583258425852593263326833083 ... LastLast
Results 51,641 to 51,660 of 67660
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    The ignore function is seldom needed, but can occasionally enhance enjoyment, even here.
    The ignore function is for emergency use only. Renders threads nearly unreadable. Especially if the ignored party is posting all over the place.

We read World War I poetry in class this morning, and holy moly, my 7th graders were incredible. Just absolutely nailed the messages, tone, context, everything. They got me all up in my feelings and just totally inspired me. One of those days when it’s easy to remember why I do what I do, and to feel humbled and lucky to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    We read World War I poetry in class this morning, and holy moly, my 7th graders were incredible. Just absolutely nailed the messages, tone, context, everything. They got me all up in my feelings and just totally inspired me. One of those days when it’s easy to remember why I do what I do, and to feel humbled and lucky to do it.
    In Flanders Fields is one of my all time favorites. I was introduced to it at a Memorial Day ceremony in 1981 when we lived in Germany. It was recited by a Major with a great baritone voice. Remembering it brings chills to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    In Flanders Fields is one of my all time favorites. I was introduced to it at a Memorial Day ceremony in 1981 when we lived in Germany. It was recited by a Major with a great baritone voice. Remembering it brings chills to this day.
    We’ll actually get to that one on Monday. Today was Mary Carolyn Davies and Wilfred Owen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    The ignore function is for emergency use only. Renders threads nearly unreadable. Especially if the ignored party is posting all over the place.
    Now I’m almost tempted to go on the EK board.

Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Now I’m almost tempted to go on the EK board.

Almost.
    Just... Don't.

OK, just noticing this, but where did the "Heel, Troll, or Clueless" icon come from? And why doesn't Cdevil have one?!?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    OK, just noticing this, but where did the "Heel, Troll, or Clueless" icon come from? And why doesn't Cdevil have one?!?
    That one's been around for quite a while...since the advent of the "new" board software (2006ish, IIRC?), I'm pretty sure.
    I have no idea why Clem doesn't have one.

That one's been around for quite a while...since the advent of the "new" board software (2006ish, IIRC?), I'm pretty sure.
    I had no idea, and I've been around since long before then. Why would they even keep someone on if labelled as such, and how can we request one?!?

Is this some desktop joke us mobile users don't understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Is this some desktop joke us mobile users don't understand?
    Presumably, the user acquires that when they get more flames than sporks. That's pretty rare around here, but I'm pretty sure it shows up on mobile, too. Sporks do. (I don't use mobile much, and I don't care to unblock and go look in this case.)

Grrrrrr...

Well dammit.

Where can one see this icon? I am not hanging out in the correct threads. I don't even know who disappeared and has reappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Where can one see this icon? I am not hanging out in the correct threads. I don't even know who disappeared and has reappeared.
    No, you aren't missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Instead of pitchforks, a certain individual is showing some other tiny icon that I cannot even recognize, it's so tiny, but when you hover over it says that poster is "Heel, Troll, or Clueless"

Instead of pitchforks, a certain individual is showing some other tiny icon that I cannot even recognize, it's so tiny, but when you hover over it says that poster is "Heel, Troll, or Clueless"
    It's a tiny flame. We only have so many pixels to work with for that spot! And you won't get it in the Mobile view.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    It's a tiny flame. We only have so many pixels to work with for that spot! And you won't get it in the Mobile view.

-jk
    Oh, well that makes sense! Flame on!

Oh, well that makes sense! Flame on!
    I added a log a little while ago...

I added a log a little while ago...
    I flamed someone a couple of weeks ago, but I don't think it was him. Only one I've flamed.