Page 2572 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 15722072247225222562257025712572257325742582262226723072 ... LastLast
Results 51,421 to 51,440 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Butler had a pretty hot moment for awhile...
    And that moment's name was Gordon Hayward. Talk about a beefy little biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    our four days as hostages in Florida courtesy of American Airlines (and 15 hours before I could reach a customer "service" rep) are over. Horrific experience, and they simply don't care. Glad they enjoyed the bailout money we all gave them. Grrrrrrr.
    May they roll in the fecal matter of tarheels.
    At the risk of getting kink-shamed, I suppose I can offer to help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    And that moment's name was Gordon Hayward. Talk about a beefy little biscuit.
    What's funny about that game is in retrospect they have the best 2 players,
    as judged by NBA success. Shelvin Mack and Heyward. 2010 Duke doesn't get enough credit for being an absolutely lethal defensive and offensive juggernaut.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    What's funny about that game is in retrospect they have the best 2 players,
    as judged by NBA success. Shelvin Mack and Heyward. 2010 Duke doesn't get enough credit for being an absolutely lethal defensive and offensive juggernaut.
    Probably. Seth Curry and the Plumlees have been pretty solid. Seth, in particular, has come on late. Great seasoned TEAM though.

Probably. Seth Curry and the Plumlees have been pretty solid. Seth, in particular, has come on late. Great seasoned TEAM though.
    Seth was a redshirt, but he was definitely part of the program. He and Mason were probably better than Mack, but Mack play for a long time in the league. Hayward was easily the best player in that game. It's not particularly close. And he has a participation trophy to show for that. Duke was a phenomenal team.

I'm interviewing a member of UNC-CH's 1993 championship* team today for an open position.

Is it out of line to ask if he took fake courses, and if Dean did, in fact, know?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Seth was a redshirt, but he was definitely part of the program. He and Mason were probably better than Mack, but Mack play for a long time in the league. Hayward was easily the best player in that game. It's not particularly close. And he has a participation trophy to show for that. Duke was a phenomenal team.
    Discussion question: If Hayward's shot at the buzzer had gone in, would they have called the foul on Singler?

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    I'm interviewing a member of UNC-CH's 1993 championship* team today for an open position.

Is it out of line to ask if he took fake courses, and if Dean did, in fact, know?
    If it's Donald Williams, you get extra points.

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Discussion question: If Hayward's shot at the buzzer had gone in, would they have called the foul on Singler?
    I don't think so but great question. I think refs swallow their whistle in that scenario.

Not out of line. You are questioning the validity of his diploma, right?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I intentionally attended almost two years’ worth of faculty meetings in my underwear, just on principle.
    I missed this thread, went back a ways, and I am shocked to find that nobody commented on how wilson is now apparently going commando to faculty meetings.

At the risk of getting kink-shamed, I suppose I can offer to help with that.
    leave it in a bucket at the end of your driveway and i'll pick it up on my way to the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I missed this thread, went back a ways, and I am shocked to find that nobody commented on how wilson is now apparently going commando to faculty meetings.
    I did. I think.

Ew. This thread has gone in the gutter.

Well, our meetings went back live a while ago, so I started wearing pants to them again.
    For a while, we had returned to live school with masking and various other precautions, but our meetings remained virtual. I would go home (a wonderfully short drive from my school), take my pants off, and log on, just to maintain integrity with regard to my "no pants in virtual meetings" principles.

Well, it's in character so I wasn't THAT surprised. And...it's happened to me enough now that I think it's reasonably normal. I mean, I'm not doing it principle and I'm certainly not doing it FOR the principal as Wilson may be doing but still...

doing it FOR the principal as Wilson may be doing but still...
    Strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    If it's Donald Williams, you get extra points.
    Not Donald Williams, so I miss out on the extra points.

Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Not out of line. You are questioning the validity of his diploma, right?
    He was quite a likeable guy. He actually finished his degree at a different school, so his diploma doesn't say CHEATERS across the top

A fellow committee member let it out at the end of the interview that I'm a Duke grad. He just got a big, friendly smile and we laughed about it for a bit. Almost as if the players don't take the rivalry as serious as us fans do...*

*Note the three dots in the ellipsis
    **Note there are no periods between each of my paragraphs. What is that all about, anyway?

Not Donald Williams, so I miss out on the extra points.

He was quite a likeable guy. He actually finished his degree at a different school, so his diploma doesn't say CHEATERS across the top

A fellow committee member let it out at the end of the interview that I'm a Duke grad. He just got a big, friendly smile and we laughed about it for a bit. Almost as if the players don't take the rivalry as serious as us fans do...*

*Note the three dots in the ellipsis
    **Note there are no periods between each of my paragraphs. What is that all about, anyway?
    I mention Donald Williams because he was the absolute least assuming guy you would ever meet. He was my camp coach at UNCC Jeff Mullins Basketball Camp. This was the summer before he played at UNC.

Quiet fellow, not physically impressive, very nice. When he said he was going to be playing in Chapel Hill, I honestly thought he was lying. I believe I was taller than him at the time.

At any rate, he insisted that he would be on the the team (which was a big stretch) and was expecting to get some serious playing time.

Imagine my surprise to see him get Tournament MVP in 1993.

Seriously, he was a pretty Good Dude.