Page 2559 of 2798 FirstFirst ... 1559205924592509254925572558255925602561256926092659 ... LastLast
Results 51,161 to 51,180 of 55946
  1. #51161
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Did anyone comment about your aftershave?
    Oh, everyone did. And then they showed me to my office and closed the door. What a sign of approval!

  2. #51162
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I saw that and I think all of you are correct. It is a measurement tool that has real-world consequences. Also, there ain't nothing you can do about it. So watching it and thinking about it and worrying about it seems asinine to me. I have so many pet peeves about sports, but one of them is that people have the tendency to look for connections even when those connections aren't anything real. People who worry about Duke's seeding and whether or not they have won at a particular number are assuming there is some sort of correlation between the Championships Duke has won and the seed. I think some of them Express that the seed Duke gets has some sort of relationship with how Duke will finish. I don't think that's even remotely possible. How Duke has done at a particular seed is a snapshot of the past and has no provable correlation moving forward. Now if one were to say that the better Duke teams get the higher seed and have more success, well I'm not sure that's a news flash. I look at Ken Pomeroy's site to see how Duke is defensively. I never worry about how Duke is offensively. Having said that, I would also argue that your defensive rank is an average and doesn't mean much on a per-game basis. Sometimes the other team just jumps up and makes shots regardless of how good your defense is.
    Winning it all has nothing to do with our seed and everything to do with the location of the Final Four.

  3. #51163
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Winning it all has nothing to do with our seed and everything to do with the location of the Final Four.
    Sigh.

  4. #51164
    Only bad people play fantasy sports. Fight me!

  5. #51165
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Winning it all has nothing to do with our seed and everything to do with the location of the Final Four.
    And the Final Four is in New Orleopolis this year!

    -jk

  6. #51166
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Disabled UNC student has repeatedly asked for a ground floor dorm room. This is unbelievable and totally unacceptable.

    https://abc11.com/unc-wheelchair-lau...nded/11640530/

  7. #51167
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Disabled UNC student has repeatedly asked for a ground floor dorm room. This is unbelievable and totally unacceptable.

    https://abc11.com/unc-wheelchair-lau...nded/11640530/
    It's unconscionable and embarrassing as a graduate.

  8. #51168
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    It's unconscionable and embarrassing as a graduate.
    It's like they never heard of the American Disabilities Act.

  9. #51169
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Thanks for asking.

    Was just some onboarding and a staff meeting. I'll be 40 hours starting Monday.

    But it was great! There's an office dog (don't you dare tell my home dogs), the people seem affable and passionate, my office has a door.

    I'm very excited. I think it's going to be an excellent fit.
    Nice. Sounds like a good gig!

    And, yeah, my dog won’t even let me look at another dog without giving me the what for.

  10. #51170
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    It's like they never heard of the American Disabilities Act.
    Yes. And the real problem is the non statement. This is a real problem for large organizations, and that's exactly what universities are. They are so afraid to make a mistake that they fail to take responsibility. They protect the institution rather than the individual. And that college is going to be there either way, but the individual in question here is the person who needs support and protection. All they need to say is this was a screw up and we made a mistake we will Rectify it. It's not complicated.

  11. #51171
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Thanks for asking.

    Was just some onboarding and a staff meeting. I'll be 40 hours starting Monday.

    But it was great! There's an office dog (don't you dare tell my home dogs), the people seem affable and passionate, my office has a door.

    I'm very excited. I think it's going to be an excellent fit.
    I heard your new organization monitors internet access and activity. I guess their gain is DBR's loss
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

  12. #51172
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I heard your new organization monitors internet access and activity. I guess their gain is DBR's loss
    Ah yes. Tiny nonprofits have the resources to micromanage the internet history of their employees.

  13. #51173
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Ah yes. Tiny nonprofits have the resources to micromanage the internet history of their employees.
    That's what they want you to think.

  14. #51174
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Ah yes. Tiny nonprofits have the resources to micromanage the internet history of their employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    That's what they want you to think.
    Exactly! They don't make any money, what else are they gonna do with their time?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

  15. #51175
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yes. And the real problem is the non statement. This is a real problem for large organizations, and that's exactly what universities are. They are so afraid to make a mistake that they fail to take responsibility. They protect the institution rather than the individual. And that college is going to be there either way, but the individual in question here is the person who needs support and protection. All they need to say is this was a screw up and we made a mistake we will Rectify it. It's not complicated.
    I believe she said there are at least eight other wheelchair-bound students on campus. It is every college's obligation to provide accessible housing for these students. It cannot be that difficult to make sure that you have a few ground-floor, roll-in shower dorm rooms if needed. Others can occupy if not needed. Just like hotels.

  16. #51176
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I believe she said there are at least eight other wheelchair-bound students on campus. It is every college's obligation to provide accessible housing for these students. It cannot be that difficult to make sure that you have a few ground-floor, roll-in shower dorm rooms if needed. Others can occupy if not needed. Just like hotels.
    Their answer would be that the individual rooms are all accessible. And they are...until they aren't when the elevator goes down. I call this a "Commissioner of Common Sense" issue. How is there not someone in the room who anticipated this issue? Things fail.

  17. #51177
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Exactly! They don't make any money, what else are they gonna do with their time?
    I'm also not anticipating a drug test. Hmmm...

  18. #51178
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    My dog lets me see other dogs, and I let her see other people.

    We have an open arrangement.

  19. #51179
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm also not anticipating a drug test. Hmmm...
    They probably want you to keep playing Wordle, especially the archive version that you can play all day long.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

  20. #51180
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm also not anticipating a drug test. Hmmm...
    Did you study?

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •