Page 2557 of 2861 FirstFirst ... 1557205724572507254725552556255725582559256726072657 ... LastLast
Results 51,121 to 51,140 of 57211
  1. #51121
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Marooned in Florida due to looming bombogenesis.

  2. #51122
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Wow, sorry to hear that.
    Thanks. It was a very dusty meeting room last night with lots of storytelling afterwards...hoping he is able to make it to another event or two with us.

  3. #51123
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    bombogenesis.
    Is that like those socks turning into shoes?

  4. #51124
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Thanks. It was a very dusty meeting room last night with lots of storytelling afterwards...hoping he is able to make it to another event or two with us.
    Is it already that advanced? There are some awful maladies in the world, ALS among them.

  5. #51125
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Is it already that advanced? There are some awful maladies in the world, ALS among them.
    Yeah, he had a lot of doctor's appointments canceled during the pandemic (as well as car club meetings) so we hadn't seen him in over a year. He still gets around and has been okay to drive, etc. but he says that's starting to go away.

  6. #51126
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Tough night, a friend from the car club told us last night he has been diagnosed with ALS.
    That's horrible!

  7. #51127
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Tough night, a friend from the car club told us last night he has been diagnosed with ALS.
    I'm so sorry to hear this.

  8. #51128
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yeah, he had a lot of doctor's appointments canceled during the pandemic (as well as car club meetings) so we hadn't seen him in over a year. He still gets around and has been okay to drive, etc. but he says that's starting to go away.
    A member of the car club whose ability to drive is slipping away. That is really a bummer. I'm sorry for your whole group, but especially for him.

  9. #51129
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    "Times sure have changed since the days of palming one earbud to surreptitiously listen to ACC Tournament games in class," he said while comfortably watching a (roundly uncomfortable) game on YouTube TV from the comfort of an easy chair in the corner of an empty classroom.

  10. #51130
    What an unbelievably beautiful college basketball game.

  11. #51131
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    What an unbelievably beautiful college basketball game.
    I think it's gross how many Boeheims there are hanging around SU basketball.

  12. #51132
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I think it's gross how many Boeheims there are hanging around SU basketball.
    I loved Jimmy today. What a gutsy game. That's what you want. Their kids just showed up and placed today. Duke played really well. And Syracuse was just so good today.

  13. #51133
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    I had a @#$%^! online meeting at noon and it did not end until 2:15. I had the Webex meeting on one monitor and the game/meeting agenda on the other, on mute. I had to keep checking to make sure I was muted on the meeting b/c of the expletives that were flying in the office.

  14. #51134
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I had a @#$%^! online meeting at noon and it did not end until 2:15. I had the Webex meeting on one monitor and the game/meeting agenda on the other, on mute. I had to keep checking to make sure I was muted on the meeting b/c of the expletives that were flying in the office.
    Should have just pretended like your internet went out!

  15. #51135
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Should have just pretended like your internet went out!
    Unfortunately, not an option. I had to participate in parts of this meeting, which is why I had to keep making sure I was muted when I was watching the game.

  16. #51136
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Marooned in Florida due to looming bombogenesis.
    Sounds like a Shaggy song.

  17. #51137
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Unfortunately, not an option. I had to participate in parts of this meeting, which is why I had to keep making sure I was muted when I was watching the game.
    Did you at least keep your video off?

  18. #51138
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Did you at least keep your video off?
    No camera! I use a docking station which does not have a camera. I would have to open my laptop, and when I do that, it messes up my monitors, so I am never on camera. Irks some people, but I love the excuse.

  19. #51139
    Luis from Sesame Street passed today. My wife knew his son well. They lived together in LA for awhile in the late 80s.

    Sad.

  20. #51140
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Certain days.

    Split remote and in office. Back to the universe of non-profit work!
    How was your first day back at work?

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •