Page 254 of 2856 FirstFirst ... 1542042442522532542552562643043547541254 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 57119
  1. #5061
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mary's Place
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Does anyone know, off the top of their head, what the next level is? I'm a starter at 701 - Do I have a reachable goal to become a person?
    Since 2535 is off the grid, I'll jump in. The next milestones in your sights are 708 and 724, but I'll keep them a surprise and let you look them up yourself if so inclined.

    P.S. And I know what you mean, but let me tease anyway: If you're not a person now, are you imaginary or some kind of space alien?

  2. #5062
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Since 2535 is off the grid, I'll jump in. The next milestones in your sights are 708 and 724, but I'll keep them a surprise and let you look them up yourself if so inclined.

    P.S. And I know what you mean, but let me tease anyway: If you're not a person now, are you imaginary or some kind of space alien?
    I'm just a cyberspace figment of your imagination.
    I knew someone would bite on that comment. Thanks for not disappointing me.

  3. #5063
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mary's Place
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm just a cyberspace figment of your imagination.
    I knew someone would bite on that comment. Thanks for not disappointing me.
    "CFOYIs? You mean Cyberspace Figments of Your Imagination? I don't think they exist..."

  4. #5064
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    "CFOYIs? You mean Cyberspace Figments of Your Imagination? I don't think they exist..."
    CFOYIs are very real. This conversation is proof that they exist.

  5. #5065
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm just a cyberspace figment of your imagination.
    Aren't we all?

  6. #5066
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mary's Place
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    CFOYIs are very real. This conversation is proof that they exist.
    All we've proven is that we can move pixels areound. This post could have been written by a robo-spammer... The definition of reality is not a challenge I think I can handle...

    EDIT: OOOH! I'm Bobby Hurley... How's THAT for unreality?

    I will stop and savor for a while... DIK, I hope you don't mind pushing on to 708 without me...
    Last edited by Turk; 10-28-2008 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Bobby Hurley

  7. #5067
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    All we've proven is that we can move pixels areound. This post could have been written by a robo-spammer... The definition of reality is not a challenge I think I can handle...

    EDIT: OOOH! I'm Bobby Hurley... How's THAT for unreality?

    I will stop and savor for a while... DIK, I hope you don't mind pushing on to 708 without me...
    Is this getting into the "I think therefore I am" territory? The reason I never took philosophy. I'm a numbers person.

    Congrats on the Bobby Hurley status - I'll keep working on the 708. Thanks for the draft.

  8. #5068
    This is a plain unadulterated example of PW'ing. As this is my 1800th post, I wanted to put it on the LTE. Wonder who I'll be with this post.

    P.S. Apparently I'm no one special. Well, no one special the book of Duke basketball statistics.

  9. #5069
    Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    This is a plain unadulterated example of PW'ing. As this is my 1800th post, I wanted to put it on the LTE. Wonder who I'll be with this post.

    P.S. Apparently I'm no one special. Well, no one special the book of Duke basketball statistics.
    You are special. And I'm not just saying that to increase my post count and try to find out who I'll be at 708.

    eta - I'm Tommy Amaker - I'll enjoy this for a while. If I knew how, I'd do 2535's job and put a screen shot on the appropriate thread.
    Last edited by DukieInKansas; 10-28-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: I'm Tommy Amaker.

  10. #5070
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    You are special. And I'm not just saying that to increase my post count and try to find out who I'll be at 708.
    Thank you. And, yes you are (trying to pad your post count). You go girl!

  11. #5071
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Or earlier if we all act like our typical PWish selves.
    Speak for yourself.

  12. #5072
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    He's in Chicago ... don't you remember the discussion about Goose Island?

    He's supposed to scout out Chicago for New Glarus brews.

    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I thought that was last week.

  13. #5073
    And suddenly a fourth word entered the list:

    acceptable

  14. #5074
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Now the trick to the bras is understanding the clasp. It's really just a spring loaded thing and the trick is making it POP. Once you realize that it's just two-three 'hooks' on the same number of clasps - it's real easy to POP them all the same direction.

    Yes - it does amaze women b/c most (like Tilly) rarely put any thought into it and most men don't take the time to actually UNDRESS their women - which is a whole other subject unto itself.

    I normally feel like James Bond when I do it and I get that "wow - you're talented and experienced" look from a female. But it's really SO simple once you understand the mechanics behind it.

    Women normally have to put their hands behind their backs and it makes it more difficult for them but for another person it's child's play b/c there is very little awkard arm positioning for the undoer (just made that word up)...

    To elaborate, there are one, two, three, and four hook bras and the number of hooks is a good indication of how big the package is you're unveiling.

    They can be in the front but it is rare. Front loaded hooks are typically for smaller women and evening wear/dresses of some type.

    Man - I actually could go on but I'll stop here. It would be all to easy to go into the material types (wire vs. plastic) and things of that nature.
    Shoot, if a mod is discussing it, why not?

    1 hook=2 fingers (actually, 1 finger and the very valuable opposable thumb)
    2 hooks=3 fingers (once again, 2 fingers and that very valuable thumb)
    3 hooks=10 fingers (including thumbs) and probably a crowbar for additional leverage
    4 hooks=beats the heck outta me. I've never had the opportunity/pleasure/challenge.

    I had best stop there.

  15. #5075
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Does anyone know, off the top of their head, what the next level is? I'm a starter at 701 - Do I have a reachable goal to become a person?
    Yep, Tommy Amaker at 708.

  16. #5076
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Well said, Tilly. I happen to agree with the mods that EarlJam can be a bit, um, prolific at times. But I defy anyone to convince me that the boards are a better place without him.
    Perhaps not, but we're making quite the effort.

  17. #5077
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    And suddenly a fourth word entered the list:

    acceptable
    You must be finished with your reading. How was it? Did anyone throw a cup of ice at you?

  18. #5078
    I'm too fast to get hit...

  19. #5079
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm too fast to get hit...
    The play, sir, how was the play?

  20. #5080
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    And suddenly a fourth word entered the list:

    acceptable
    Much better than merely acceptable. And Ymo, I'm giving up Christian Laettner to post this so it must be true. Don't listen to the playwright, especially when they've written an autobiographical piece. There are infinitely many right ways to play a role, you picked one of them and did it. No, you weren't exactly the guy the playwright had in mind, but unless we're digging up the actual guy, nobody else is either. What were the three words I had to choose from? I'll go with masterful. Plus, you gave the director exactly what she asked for, so there.

    Hope you enjoyed the experience and I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you more afterwards. Feel free to spill the beans on my acting ability, ha! Or my way of running a discussion session.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •