Page 2538 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 15382038243824882528253625372538253925402548258826383038 ... LastLast
Results 50,741 to 50,760 of 67668
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    can you tell me what your rate was (for two cars perhaps?) before you signed up for the mileage thing? Just wondering how high your normal rates are vs ours...we're not terribly litigious around here, so I pay $1100/yr for two cars, including collision, plus another $190 for a million dollar umbrella policy that covers the house as well.
    Rates between states aren't really comparable. But to answer your question directly, I was paying about $1000 per year prior to switching to pay per mile. This was for full coverage also, 1 vehicle purchased new in 2020. Going by averages from wallethub: https://wallethub.com/edu/ci/average...s-by-age/69321 would suggest I would be paying about $450 in Vermont.

As someone who has worked on auto and homeowners insurance rating and programs for the last 15 years, making comparisons between what others pay is fraught with issues. The best way to do it as a consumer is to try a site like compare.com to see what yould pay in another location. With that said, I have recommended pay per mile programs to everyone I know who has flexibility in their driving patterns. Depending upon which program someone chooses, long trips can be an issue as some programs cap what they charge you in a day and others don't. The programs do make mode of transit decisions a bit clearer, autos are more likely to win versus air when multiple people have to travel. For comparison purposes, on a recent trip to Phoenix, the driving would have saved me $250-$300, but cost me 14-16 hours of longer transit time. I flew.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Reported.
    Serious offense!!!

Reported.
    Oh, you're just fussy because you were the sucker for my pie-rates of the Caribbean joke.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Rates between states aren't really comparable. But to answer your question directly, I was paying about $1000 per year prior to switching to pay per mile. This was for full coverage also, 1 vehicle purchased new in 2020. Going by averages from wallethub: https://wallethub.com/edu/ci/average...s-by-age/69321 would suggest I would be paying about $450 in Vermont.

As someone who has worked on auto and homeowners insurance rating and programs for the last 15 years, making comparisons between what others pay is fraught with issues. The best way to do it as a consumer is to try a site like compare.com to see what yould pay in another location. With that said, I have recommended pay per mile programs to everyone I know who has flexibility in their driving patterns. Depending upon which program someone chooses, long trips can be an issue as some programs cap what they charge you in a day and others don't. The programs do make mode of transit decisions a bit clearer, autos are more likely to win versus air when multiple people have to travel. For comparison purposes, on a recent trip to Phoenix, the driving would have saved me $250-$300, but cost me 14-16 hours of longer transit time. I flew.
    Thanks, I was just wondering if insurance rates were especially high in your area...I know direct comparisons are dangerous, but some states are simply way more expensive than others, pretty much across the board...

The quirk I've read about in recent years is that no matter where you are, your insurance company may well keep boosting your rates simply because they can, AND (most importantly) a lot of people don't pay close attention and don't shop around periodically. That happened to me about 12-15 years ago and I hopped over to the Hartford coverage which is in association with AARP. BIG savings, Hartford likes the demographic of the geezer (up to a point, anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Bombas’ socks rock.
    YES! Great socks and the mission of the company is also great. I know a couple of people who work in direct daily contact with people experiencing homelessness and other hardships, who are direct beneficiaries of Bombas' "buy one, donate one" ethos.

Oh, you're just fussy because you were the sucker for my pie-rates of the Caribbean joke.
    I actually kind of liked that one.

I actually kind of liked that one.
    Be honest. Are you the bald-headed guy in Lifehouse?
    \

LH.jpg

Be honest. Are you the bald-headed guy in Lifehouse?
    \

LH.jpg
    No. But yesterday the waitress at a brewery told me I look like Woody Harrelson. I will 100% take that. Someone else recently told me I look like Howie Mandell.

No. But yesterday the waitress at a brewery told me I look like Woody Harrelson. I will 100% take that. Someone else recently told me I look like Howie Mandell.
    Whatever you say, Woolstenhulme.

Whatever you say, Woolstenhulme.
    Had to look him up. He is younger I assume.

Had to look him up. He is younger I assume.
    He was born in 1979.

He was born in 1979.
    Then a few years younger then. 73

A homeless guy in NY once asked me if I was Jeff Van Gundy. I responded that I think i have to start going to the gym.

See, this is screwing even more with my mental image of you. I can't even see how to cross Howie Mandel and Woody Harrelson

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    A homeless guy in NY once asked me if I was Jeff Van Gundy. I responded that I think i have to start going to the gym.

You could have hit the buffets so you could look more like Stan...

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    As long as it wasn't Stan.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    See, this is screwing even more with my mental image of you. I can't even see how to cross Howie Mandel and Woody Harrelson
    You shouldn't
    That is Island of Dr. Moreau kind of stuff.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I have a postcard photo of The Beatles. I used to show it to my kids when they were little and ask "Which one is Daddy?". They picked George most often. They never picked Ringo. I think he looks most like George but he has his John and Paul moments too.

People have told my father he looks like Harrison Ford. When I first heard it, I thought, "What!?!", then I saw a magazine with Ford's picture on the cover out of the corner of my eye, I thought it was my dad at first. It's the eyes. And now that they are both older, the hair.

I have never been told I look like anybody famous. Just yesterday though, at the water stop during the race, I was told I look like a "Bushmills girl", so, I have that going for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I was told I look like a "Bushmills girl", so, I have that going for me.
    Better than the Bushmills bottle, but perhaps not as good as the iconic "St Pauli Girl." Admittedly, I have no idea what the Bushmills girl looks like.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have a postcard photo of The Beatles. I used to show it to my kids when they were little and ask "Which one is Daddy?". They picked George most often. They never picked Ringo. I think he looks most like George but he has his John and Paul moments too.

People have told my father he looks like Harrison Ford. When I first heard it, I thought, "What!?!", then I saw a magazine with Ford's picture on the cover out of the corner of my eye, I thought it was my dad at first. It's the eyes. And now that they are both older, the hair.

I have never been told I look like anybody famous. Just yesterday though, at the water stop during the race, I was told I look like a "Bushmills girl", so, I have that going for me.
    Working in the NICU I had a mom tell me that I look like someone from Mt Airy. Meaning I look like someone she knew (and I was, she was a few years younger but she was a great basketball player). But I heard that for a solid year from my co-workers. "Anyone ever tell you that you look like someone from Mt Airy?". Buncha jerks.