Page 2520 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 15202020242024702510251825192520252125222530257026203020 ... LastLast
Results 50,381 to 50,400 of 67756
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    He was my favorite! He was just wrong about this. He has since said he was wrong and espoused love for Grant. And who doesn't love Grant? Future President Grant Hill.
    Grant is free to forgive him. For the Duke faithful, the statute of limitations on grudge carrying has not been reached. You don't malign Grant like that and expect forgiveness from us even if you later have a change of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Grant is free to forgive him. For the Duke faithful, the statute of limitations on grudge carrying has not been reached. You don't malign Grant like that and expect forgiveness from us even if you later have a change of heart.
    I get it. It IS Grant.

Exactly. Once I label someone a “turd”, it’s extremely hard for me to change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Car parts, mainly for my Buicks, but also some Pontiac honeycomb wheels. I would have preferred it if they would have taken those.

Oh, plus broken locks. One of them wasn't even mine(the one on the left).

Attachment 14202
    Hmmm. Wonder what they were after? Other break ins on the premises?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Exactly. Once I label someone a “turd”, it’s extremely hard for me to change my mind.
    Oh. Oh no.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Oh. Oh no.
    YUP.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Mr. Darcy!

YUP.
    You and AC Devil also tried to get me punched today. To be fair I tried to get me punched today.

Mr. Darcy!
    Hah hah. Maybe sllliggghhhttlllyyyy less eloquently stated than his good opinion.

Hmmm. Wonder what they were after? Other break ins on the premises?
    7 or 8 total. Probably something easy to pawn. Pawn shops don't want car parts.

Car parts, mainly for my Buicks, but also some Pontiac honeycomb wheels. I would have preferred it if they would have taken those.

Oh, plus broken locks. One of them wasn't even mine(the one on the left).

Attachment 14202
    And they say those round ones are tough to cut. Oh, well.

-jk

7 or 8 total. Probably something easy to pawn. Pawn shops don't want car parts.
    There was a period of time my father considered living out of storage unit (because he wanted to not because he had to). That would have been some surprise for any robber. Dude sleeps in the nude, too. I doubt the pawn shop would have paid much for a naked minimalist w/ strong opinions about cars no longer having crank window handles.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    And they say those round ones are tough to cut. Oh, well.

-jk
    Yeah, that was what they billed it as. No más.

There was a period of time my father considered living out of storage unit (because he wanted to not because he had to). That would have been some surprise for any robber. Dude sleeps in the nude, too. I doubt the pawn shop would have paid much for a naked minimalist w/ strong opinions about cars no longer having crank window handles.
    I have 3 cars with window cranks, but do have a ‘70 with power windows.

I have 3 cars with window cranks, but do have a ‘70 with power windows.
    I kind of miss them, to be honest. We could all do with a little more simplicity.

“Life went to hell after they stopped putting quarter glass vent windows on car doors. Fight me.”

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    “Life went to hell after they stopped putting quarter glass vent windows on car doors. Fight me.”

None of my cars have vent windows. For GM F bodies (Camaro, Firebird) they went away after the '67 model year. For GM A bodies(Chevelle, Cutlass, Skylark, Tempest/GTO) they went away after the '68 or '69 model year.

I remember those! I just had a flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I remember those! I just had a flashback.
    With the little crank to crack them open . . . .

With the little crank to crack them open . . . .
    Bonus points for the little foot-operated switch on the front left floorboard to toggle the high beams. The one or two automobiles I drove that had that feature always made me feel like a stunt driver or something.