Page 2514 of 3065 FirstFirst ... 15142014241424642504251225132514251525162524256426143014 ... LastLast
Results 50,261 to 50,280 of 61299
  1. #50261
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Is that code for Budwom and Dink? Do they know what that means and no one else does?
    Cary Colorado says Hello.

  2. #50262
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Cary Colorado says Hello.
    Cmon Dink! Cmon!

  3. #50263
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I am the one with the picture of guinea pigs as my avatar, after all.
    This is true. Clems clearly erred.

    Nice little penultimate K game in Cameron.

  4. #50264
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    This is true. Clems clearly erred.

    Nice little penultimate K game in Cameron.
    It was. The basketball thread was dour. I enjoyed that game immensely.

  5. #50265
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    It was. The basketball thread was dour. I enjoyed that game immensely.
    Our fan base has been pretty spoiled. Lots of folks think anything but a win by 30 is a loss.

    Sports fandom is a funny thing.

  6. #50266
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I'll let you to explain to Bud and DinK that you think one of their code names should be 'momma pig'.



    <Taps nose>
    as is the case so often, I am blissfully clueless.

  7. #50267
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Our fan base has been pretty spoiled. Lots of folks think anything but a win by 30 is a loss.

    Sports fandom is a funny thing.
    I love sports and I hate fans.

  8. #50268
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Our fan base has been pretty spoiled. Lots of folks think anything but a win by 30 is a loss.

    Sports fandom is a funny thing.
    Poor Jon.

    -jk

  9. #50269
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Our fan base has been pretty spoiled. Lots of folks think anything but a win by 30 is a loss.

    Sports fandom is a funny thing.
    In 2015 after our infamous Bad Loss I started an Optimist Thread where it was verboten to speak ill of our team. We all know how that worked out.

    I'm tempted this year to start a Pessimist Thread where people can talk crap about coaching, Paolo, PGs, whatever - and leave the rest of the forum to those of us excited to have a four loss team with the out and out ACC lead and a shot at a #1 seed.

  10. #50270
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    In 2015 after our infamous Bad Loss I started an Optimist Thread where it was verboten to speak ill of our team. We all know how that worked out.

    I'm tempted this year to start a Pessimist Thread where people can talk crap about coaching, Paolo, PGs, whatever - and leave the rest of the forum to those of us excited to have a four loss team with the out and out ACC lead and a shot at a #1 seed.
    Exactly! Winning isn't a birthright. You have to go out and do it every single game. And no one has ever done that as well as K and Duke. If I could share one thing with the general sports fan it's how I view sports growing up the son of a very successful coach. And we "only" won one state championship. Settle down everyone. We play again Wednesday.

  11. #50271
    Wait. I wasn't here for the Optimist Thread. Explain.

  12. #50272
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Only Ozzie can open a true optimist thread. It is written.
    I do not think that word means what you think it means.

  13. #50273
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Only Ozzie can open a true optimist thread. It is written.
    Well, MINE was the one the corresponded with a Natty.

  14. #50274
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well, MINE was the one the corresponded with a Natty.
    I guess writings can be amended, then!
    I do not think that word means what you think it means.

  15. #50275
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well, MINE was the one the corresponded with a Natty.
    Make a new one!

  16. #50276
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Wait. I wasn't here for the Optimist Thread. Explain.
    Duke in January 2015 lost back to back games against NCSU and Miami. The sky was falling and Duke was trash. The game had passed by K, our OAD strategy wasn't as sharp as Kentucky - who was probably going to go undefeated.

    I started a thread suggesting that the team was pretty good and might could win a national title.

    Of course, that squad managed to only lose four games (three in conference) before running the table and cutting down the nets.

    So...

  17. #50277
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Duke in January 2015 lost back to back games against NCSU and Miami. The sky was falling and Duke was trash. The game had passed by K, our OAD strategy wasn't as sharp as Kentucky - who was probably going to go undefeated.

    I started a thread suggesting that the team was pretty good and might could win a national title.

    Of course, that squad managed to only lose four games (three in conference) before running the table and cutting down the nets.

    So...
    I hate fans. I was only a reader back then.

  18. #50278
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I hate fans. I was only a reader back then.
    So, have you now become that which you hate?

    Come to the dark side.
    I do not think that word means what you think it means.

  19. #50279
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    So, have you now become that which you hate?

    Come to the dark side.
    No. I am eternally optimistic.

  20. #50280
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I hate fans. I was only a reader back then.
    There was a massive shift (double checks his spelling) on the board several years ago when we suddenly had a much bigger platform. Something to do with Bleacher Report. At the time, our posters and readers increased dramatically.

    With that added attention came some new posters with, um, different values and ideas about what was appropriate for DBR. I don't envy the job the mods had at that time, but there was some particular element that I don't think we ever recovered.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •