Page 2458 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 14581958235824082448245624572458245924602468250825582958 ... LastLast
Results 49,141 to 49,160 of 67668
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    You've gone over to the Dark Side. You should be Djoked off this thread.
    I don't feel good about this. But I was sentenced to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I don't feel good about this. But I was sentenced to it.

Appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Appeal?
    And argue with OPK? He's quite litigious.

I'm cold today. My classroom temperature is not all that comfortably modulated anyway, and it remains quite chilly out, so I'm cold.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I'm cold today. My classroom temperature is not all that comfortably modulated anyway, and it remains quite chilly out, so I'm cold.
    Inappropriate HVAC has been a perennial problem at our schools - some rooms too hot or too cold regardless of what's happening outside.

-jk

How do you teach someone to eat something instead of crumbling it up and flinging the crumbs everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    How do you teach someone to eat something instead of crumbling it up and flinging the crumbs everywhere?
    Say, "BAD cdevil! BAD, BAD cdevil!" Then take away his cauliflower.

And argue with OPK? He's quite litigious.
    I’ll commute the balance of the sentence to puns served.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Still not sure I really ate the boudin right, you don’t eat the casings so cut it and kinda scraped the insides out.
    I've done that, but I've also (less frequently) squeezed it like a delicious rice & meat popsicle. Of course, I'm high on the uncouth meter, so YMMV.

We always got takeout from the Boudin King when visiting my grandparents in Jennings, LA. Had to be the best, right - it was from the king.
    Last edited by grad_devil; 01-18-2022 at 11:46 AM. Reason: "meat popsicle" shouldn't be typed. I should proofread.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Had to be the best, right - it was from the king.
    Seems legit.

Hah! Must spread sporks. He’s such a messy, fussy lil guy…

Hahaha! Guffaw!

I’ll commute the balance of the sentence to puns served.
    Your magnanimity knows no bounds.

Your magnanimity knows no bounds.
    I also take Bitcoin.

Since I’m sure you’re all curious, I roasted the boudin at 375 for about 25 minutes, and made some red beans and rice with chicken.

Still not sure I really ate the boudin right, you don’t eat the casings so cut it and kinda scraped the insides out.

Tasty and different. Got them from a butcher in New Orleans (Cochon). Now, on to their andouille sausage . . . .
    Boudin is a big deal here among our French Canadian pals...the first time I was offered it, about fifty years ago, I thought I was being offered a special strain of pot, had no idea what boudin was...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Boudin is a big deal here among our French Canadian pals...the first time I was offered it, about fifty years ago, I thought I was being offered a special strain of pot, had no idea what boudin was...
    Boudin is also something, erm...special in France. When Cajuns talk about "boudin," they're not talking about the same thing as what people are talking about in France.
    Let's just say that I prefer the Cajun version to the French version (and to be honest, I don't even like the Cajun version that much; it's just that the French version is truly, like I said...special).

Boudin is also something, erm...special in France. When Cajuns talk about "boudin," they're not talking about the same thing as what people are talking about in France.
    Let's just say that I prefer the Cajun version to the French version (and to be honest, I don't even like the Cajun version that much; it's just that the French version is truly, like I said...special).
    Special? Like brownies?

Special? Like brownies?
    Well, there's actually boudin rouge ("red boudin"), which is made from congealed blood, sinew, and other byproducts, and is in my opinion what the French would call dégueulasse, and then there's boudin blanc ("white boudin"), which is traditionally prepared with ground meat, egg, some starch or meal, and usually a bit of milk or cream. This is much closer to the "boudin" on offer in Cajun contexts, and is in my opinion much more miam-miam, as it were, than boudin rouge.

Well, there's actually boudin rouge ("red boudin"), which is made from congealed blood, sinew, and other byproducts, and is in my opinion what the French would call dégueulasse, and then there's boudin blanc ("white boudin"), which is traditionally prepared with ground meat, egg, some starch or meal, and usually a bit of milk or cream. This is much closer to the "boudin" on offer in Cajun contexts, and is in my opinion much more miam-miam, as it were, than boudin rouge.
    When I travel I do try to eat food that is local and indicative of the people and their culture. I probably would try it but I'm not certain that I could get past this. And I eat all manner of really weird things including pork skins with hair on them.

When I travel I do try to eat food that is local and indicative of the people and their culture. I probably would try it but I'm not certain that I could get past this. And I eat all manner of really weird things including pork skins with hair on them.
    As a teenager, I spent a semester living with a family on a French farm. They regularly enjoyed boudin rouge, as it's a very traditional countryside dish in France (they simply called it "boudin"). I tried it a couple of times and really just couldn't get into it. To their credit, my host family appreciated that I tried it, recognized that it's a very particular taste, and didn't try to force it on me once I determined that I don't care for it.
    There are precious few things that I won't try at least once, but after that I won't hesitate to be clear about things I don't want to eat.