Page 2454 of 3387 FirstFirst ... 14541954235424042444245224532454245524562464250425542954 ... LastLast
Results 49,061 to 49,080 of 67739
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Nope. You punned. And even worse if it was subconsciously done.

Embrace The Dark Side, young Padawan. The pun is strong with this one.

You can change topics when you snatch the pebble from my hand.
    C'mon man. Let me off the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Drop and give me (another) 40. We’ll call it even.

Drop and give me (another) 40. We’ll call it even.
    40 puns?

40 puns?
    Of course!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    raises my blood pressure just to think about my dryer vent duct.
    My solution was to wait until after the game, so I had lots of time to work on it. Also moved the dryer completely out of the way so I had room to work. It was a much easier task with those two changes. Still a pain in the butt.

At least it was a forced error.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    At least it was a forced error.
    Clem is the DJoker of the thread.

Except for the stupidity, of course. That’s not Clem’s game.

Not sure how to respond.

His game is 4 things: push-ups, neonatal respiration, Jay Bilas and banana hammocks.

Not necessarily in that order.

Not sure how to respond.
    With a pun, obviously.

The counter is waiting.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    What follows is a story I have been told by someone who I would expect to know what they are talking about but cannot confirm independently.

When Shakespeare wrote Romeo & Juliet, his theater company's biggest rival company performed at a theater called The Rose. (This part, is confirmed.) The Rose had experienced some sewage problems and for a time, stank.

"A rose by any other word would smell as sweet" is both the greatest pun of all time and Shakespeare throwing serious shade.

(Shakespeare wrote word, the quote has become "a rose by any other name" but the play's text says word. That's one instance where the misquote is actually, IMHO, a bit better than the original.)

Shakespeare's theater, as I am sure everyone here knows, was called The Globe.

That second greatest pun of all time - "All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players."

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    What follows is a story I have been told by someone who I would expect to know what they are talking about but cannot confirm independently.

When Shakespeare wrote Romeo & Juliet, his theater company's biggest rival company performed at a theater called The Rose. (This part, is confirmed.) The Rose had experienced some sewage problems and for a time, stank.

"A rose by any other word would smell as sweet" is both the greatest pun of all time and Shakespeare throwing serious shade.

(Shakespeare wrote word, the quote has become "a rose by any other name" but the play's text says word. That's one instance where the misquote is actually, IMHO, a bit better than the original.)

That second greatest pun of all time - "All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players."
    So, Shakespeare was "meta" before it was cool? Self-referential before Arrested Development? Looking into the camera before The Office?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

This is great stuff about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    So, Shakespeare was "meta" before it was cool? Self-referential before Arrested Development? Looking into the camera before The Office?
    I was on the fence about his genius; this tipped me over the edge. He was way ahead of his time.

Chocolate Chili and lots of football today. Single digits and snow/ice on its way.

This is great stuff about her.
    This post should not pass unappreciated.

This post should not pass unappreciated.
    Thanks. Subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Chocolate Chili and lots of football today.
    Yup, the Liverpool-Brentford match just started on TV, and West Ham-Leeds on the stream. Not sure if the following match is still on, or postponed for COVID.

Should I make some shrimp and grits for breakfast/brunch? I sorta feel that I should.

Should I make some shrimp and grits for breakfast/brunch? I sorta feel that I should.
    Hmmm, brunch or elevensies, yes, breakfast, no.