Page 2450 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 14501950235024002440244824492450245124522460250025502950 ... LastLast
Results 48,981 to 49,000 of 67384
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Nice. I'd put Joffrey in my final four, too. A lot of people hated Skyler White but, you know, that's just wrong. Janice and AJ Soprano are up there for me, too. I didn't watch it back in the day but the few Friends episodes I've seen are pretty atrocious and most of the characters are pretty annoying.
    Skyler is fine by me. Best show ever, and she filled a perfect role (and very well-acted by Anna Gunn). Now, Marie Schrader, I couldn’t stand her really until she came into her own the last two half-seasons. Then she was fantastic IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Major Frank Burns?
    Old Ferret Face? I liked Larry Linville much more than Charles Winchester/David Ogden Stiers personally.

But with both, I can see it. I think both characters were intentionally annoying to some degree, so I look at it as the characters fulfilling their function.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Skyler is fine by me. Best show ever, and she filled a perfect role (and very well-acted by Anna Gunn). Now, Marie Schrader, I couldn’t stand her really until she came into her own the last two half-seasons. Then she was fantastic IMO.

Old Ferret Face? I liked Larry Linville much more than Charles Winchester/David Ogden Stiers personally.

But with both, I can see it. I think both characters were intentionally annoying to some degree, so I look at it as the characters fulfilling their function.
    There are a couple different tournaments here. Most hated ( intentionally or not) and most annoying (unintentionally).

Many of the hated characters I listed absolutely did their jobs but boy what a bunch of turds.

I almost can’t watch traditional sitcoms with laugh tracks without becoming physically annoyed so I guess the second tournament will be heavily seeded with characters in those shows.

The Nanny

I'll take "Careers Ruined by M*A*S*H" for $500 please!

For such a good show, those two actors got destroyed.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I'll take "Careers Ruined by M*A*S*H" for $500 please!

For such a good show, those two actors got destroyed.

-jk
    And add Gary Burghoff’s drumming career for $1,000!

Any of the Real Housewives
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Any of the Real Housewives
    That entire genre.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    That entire genre.
    Meaning any "reality TV" show where the producers concoct situations in which "real" people get into "real" arguments?
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    any "reality TV"
    This

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    This
    Open for debate, but I think contestants on a show like Survivor or Amazing Race have some redeeming qualities where The Real Housewives do not.
    Rich

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    To be clear, I wasn't voting for Frank Burns, I was just suggesting that character as a possible winner. Where is this tournament taking place anyway?

Lots of actors on long running sitcoms get typecast forever. It happens with long running dramas too.

Most hated tv character of all time? It's a long shot, probably an 11 seed, but I think Peggy Hill could make it to the Final Four.
    Nice. I'd put Joffrey in my final four, too. A lot of people hated Skyler White but, you know, that's just wrong. Janice and AJ Soprano are up there for me, too. I didn't watch it back in the day but the few Friends episodes I've seen are pretty atrocious and most of the characters are pretty annoying.
    Aw, what's wrong with Peggy? She had her moments. Funny you mention Joffrey, I started rewatching GoT recently and yeah after the episodes I just watched he's got to be on there. Could run away with it honestly, although I think I an annoying character gets hot and goes on a run to win the whole thing.

I would vote for everyone on The Big Bang Theory.
    Hard to argue.

Just an auto-bid 16 seed probably, but I'll nominate Kim from Scrubs.

Or to bud’s house most Tuesday’s (allegedly).
    Are we talking about The Ginger and Boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Aw, what's wrong with Peggy? She had her moments. Funny you mention Joffrey, I started rewatching GoT recently and yeah after the episodes I just watched he's got to be on there. Could run away with it honestly, although I think I an annoying character gets hot and goes on a run to win the whole thing.

Hard to argue.

Just an auto-bid 16 seed probably, but I'll nominate Kim from Scrubs.
    If you google “Pegg Hill annoying”, I think you’ll find a shocking number of hate sites dedicated to her.

She just really grinds my gears ( but I do think her character is well written and funny).

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Are we talking about The Ginger and Boots?
    Unlike Ginger, Let’s leave the ostriches alone.

I only like the first three seasons of M*A*S*H. MAYBE the fourth and first half of the fifth, but really after Henry and Trapper left, it went downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I only like the first three seasons of M*A*S*H. MAYBE the fourth and first half of the fifth, but really after Henry and Trapper left, it went downhill.
    MASH is one of my favorite shows. Probably more for the opening scene than anything else. Even though I'm sure it wasn't filmed in Korea, it reminds me if Saturday mornings waking up to helicopters flying by and the hill reminds me of the hills by our company compound.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    MASH is one of my favorite shows. Probably more for the opening scene than anything else. Even though I'm sure it wasn't filmed in Korea, it reminds me if Saturday mornings waking up to helicopters flying by and the hill reminds me of the hills by our company compound.

That's cool Dink. I loved MASH too. It got pretty dusty in my house when Henry Blake died. A lifetime in medicine has taught me that medicine is like a mix between MASH and Scrubs, rather than any of the medical dramas.

Well. The law is being laid down in 20 minutes with my coworkers the douche-canoes. There will be wailing, gnashing of teeth, rending of garments. Wish I could live stream.

Zoom has a record function.