Page 244 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1441942342422432442452462542943447441244 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 67390
    Yuck, I just bought a Lindt 99% cocoa, dark noir chocolate bar and it's horrible.
    Blech.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    There are no tragedies quite like bad dessert tragedies. I feel for you weezie.

I have however lured Ymo into becoming an actor by promising brownies.

Speaking of desserts, I had maple syrup cotton candy at the Sheep and Wool Festival last weekend. I don't go in for cotton candy much anymore but the maple syrup variety was a pleasant surprise, yum! Plus it's looks like you're eating sheep fleece so it was fun to weird people out with the beige cotton candy.

Oh great. Regale me with tales of outstanding sweet treats that are just out of reach. Especially at the fabled "Sheep and Wool Festival."

There should be a law.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Ymo said yes. Hope he doesn't mind me telling everybody. As a former army guy, he's being very gracious in agreeing to play a naval officer.
    Great job, Ymo! You're our hero. I'm sure it detracts from your posting time but a great showing to help out another DBR faithful!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Ignore the Goose Island aand Bell's if found only in bottles. If on draught, START REPORTING.

I'd concentrate on the hard-to-find New Glarus and other regional specialties.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Goose Island has 2 brewpubs in the north Chicago area and they have a great selection of their standards plus many seasonals and specialty ales on draft, at least they did last summer when we were in Chicago. Plus, they had a Stilton burger which was outrageously flavored. Their sampler is not available when the Cubbies are playing. Oh, wait a minute, the Cubbies AREN'T playing, so I'd start with their sampler and then pick another ale or 3 to try and report back promptly.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Yuck, I just bought a Lindt 99% cocoa, dark noir chocolate bar and it's horrible.
    Blech.
    99%. Never heard of such a concentration. I am a chocoholic and the highest I've ever seen has been about 75% and I thought that was rather bitter and brittle.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    99%. Never heard of such a concentration. I am a chocoholic and the highest I've ever seen has been about 75% and I thought that was rather bitter and brittle.
    Ooh, thanks, you two, for reminding me that I have some Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate covered mini-graham crackers to dig into!

And way to go, Ymo, helping out a damsel/director in distress.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Oh great. Regale me with tales of outstanding sweet treats that are just out of reach. Especially at the fabled "Sheep and Wool Festival."

There should be a law.....
    I just reread your first post, 99% cocoa!?! What were you thinking?

You're welcome to come to next year's New York Sheep and Wool Festival. I'll even teach you how to knit. And the next time you are in Boston, I'll bake you a nice custard. No chocolate but definitely not a dessert tragedy. Or an apple pie. I hate to brag but I make absolutely wonderful apple pies.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Ummm...uhhhh...noooooo.

It does state in my contract that they can only use one word to describe my performance and it must be chosen from the following three:

Masterful, brilliant, oustanding
    Then let me say your performance will be oustanding!

Good for you in agreeing to help out a fellow DBRer. You must be a remarkable gentleman.
    Last edited by DukieInKansas; 10-24-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Added a line

I just reread your first post, 99% cocoa!?! What were you thinking?

You're welcome to come to next year's New York Sheep and Wool Festival. I'll even teach you how to knit. And the next time you are in Boston, I'll bake you a nice custard. No chocolate but definitely not a dessert tragedy. Or an apple pie. I hate to brag but I make absolutely wonderful apple pies.
    Oooh - can I get in on this offer? I love to go to The Yarn Shop - the textures and colors are so much fun to see. I keep thinking I'll learn to knit - so I have a variety of yarns in my house to make scarves. I better get started.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Oooh - can I get in on this offer? I love to go to The Yarn Shop - the textures and colors are so much fun to see. I keep thinking I'll learn to knit - so I have a variety of yarns in my house to make scarves. I better get started.
    Which offer, the knitting or the custard? Or both?

By the way, is it just me, or has the quality of bra you can buy at Victoria's Secret declined?

By the way, is it just me, or has the quality of bra you can buy at Victoria's Secret declined?
    I haven't noticed a difference. Are you talking in general or a specific style?

Which offer, the knitting or the custard? Or both?
    Both!

Was it ever any good?

(Only items I care for out of that store are the really comfy night shirts, and the obligatory skimpy stuff...)

The timer is on awaiting EarlJam's response to this with some further discussions about his blue stockings

Cool

I always have to shield my eyes when I walk by those stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I always have to shield my eyes when I walk by those stores.
    Why? Afraid you might see that must-have item that they don't have in your size?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Why? Afraid you might see that must-have item that they don't have in your size?
    Ha! Good one!