Page 2436 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 14361936233623862426243424352436243724382446248625362936 ... LastLast
Results 48,701 to 48,720 of 67743
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Are you sure Stowe is known for its seafood?
    I'm fairly certain it is known for its skiing but it may have a better seafood purveyor than Hamlet budwom.

I'm going to have to hand out sporks to random posters because I can't spork the posts that I need to spork.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm going to have to hand out sporks to random posters because I can't spork the posts that I need to spork.
    Go spork kidA, tell ‘em that OPK sent you.

I also like to give Sporkz to newer posters with solid posts. I like to encourage participation from good new blood.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Go spork kidA, tell ‘em that OPK sent you.

I also like to give Sporkz to newer posters with solid posts. I like to encourage participation from good new blood.
    My favorite is when you spork somebody and then see that your feedback got them another spork displayed under their username.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My favorite is when you spork somebody and then see that your feedback got them another spork displayed under their username.
    Agreed!

Do y’all flame much?

Do y’all flame much?
    I might have flamed about 10 minutes ago...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm fairly certain it is known for its skiing but it may have a better seafood purveyor than Hamlet budwom.
    Stowe has a seafood market, the owner goes to Boston twice a week and fetches huge volumes of outstanding seafood...he's been a fixture in town for decades, his fish is WAY better than anything grocery chains carry.
    By the way, 2021 and 2022 have been his best years ever....a third of homes in Stowe are owned by out of staters and when the pandemic hit nearly all of them moved to Vermont to wait things out, they have lots of money and they like their fish.

Last night we had "oven fried" haddock...also picked up four pounds of swordfish, four lbs of salmon, a few pounds of sole and yellowfin tuna...

Do y’all flame much?
    Maybe three times?

I much prefer either sporks or a good forum dressing down.

It takes a LOT for me to flame.

Do y’all flame much?
    I don’t believe that I ever have.

I’ve been flamed three times. I remember who did each.

I've only ever been flamed in retaliation for flames I've given out. I regret nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I've only ever been flamed in retaliation for flames I've given out. I regret nothing.
    Hah. Yeah, I haven't issued any flames but I've been given 2. One for a post about not liking Penn State and one for using the phrase "shickled titless".

I was surprised both times that of all the ridiculous stuff I post, those were the two...

Hah. Yeah, I haven't issued any flames but I've been given 2. One for a post about not liking Penn State and one for using the phrase "shickled titless".

I was surprised both times that of all the ridiculous stuff I post, those were the two...
    That's funny, b/c I would have totally sporked you for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    That's funny, b/c I would have totally sporked you for that one.
    And that's why the system works!

I've been flamed multiple times, never in retaliation for giving them (that I can remember - I think I've given one or two at best). I had one given to me by a poster who was sure I flamed him - when I didn't. Went to all the trouble to prove to him I didn't, which he later admitted. Thought the least he could have done is come back with a pitchfork. But he didn't. Oh well.

The only thing that bugs me is when a person flames me, but never comes back at another time to give sporks even if they acknowledge a good post on the board. I find that a bit weird.

Do y’all flame much?
    I have never flamed and there's no possibility I ever would.

I've apologized man there's nothing else I can do.

You are truly loved. I've been flamed a heck of a lot more than three. I was thinking about changing my screen name from SouthernDukie to the Human Torch.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    You are truly loved. I've been flamed a heck of a lot more than three. I was thinking about changing my screen name from SouthernDukie to the Human Torch.
    To be fair, if you could send eye rolls for posts, I would easily lead the field.

One last point about flames. The first flame I issued I immediately regretted. I reached out to the poster with a PM telling them how sorry I was. I also went out of my way to give them multiple sporks to try and make it right.

OK, I've done my penance on this one. True Confessions are over.