Page 2432 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 14321932233223822422243024312432243324342442248225322932 ... LastLast
Results 48,621 to 48,640 of 67660
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    What kind of chocolates?
    “Crunchy Frog?”

What kind of chocolates?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    “Crunchy Frog?”

Pennsylvania has an odd set of chocolate magnates. This guy has been running red politics in PA for a long, long time and also is a 4th generation chocolatier. He was like a big ol' conservative Easter bunny around DC, just flinging chocolate at everyone left and right. Well, right...

Anyway, he got in trouble for a whole slew of things and his co-conspirator committed suicide in front of an audience on live television. It's a morbid read so if that sort of thing makes you uncomfortable, avoid it.

Weird chocolate PA.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Pennsylvania has an odd set of chocolate magnates. This guy has been running red politics in PA for a long, long time and also is a 4th generation chocolatier. He was like a big ol' conservative Easter bunny around DC, just flinging chocolate at everyone left and right. Well, right...

Anyway, he got in trouble for a whole slew of things and his co-conspirator committed suicide in front of an audience on live television. It's a morbid read so if that sort of thing makes you uncomfortable, avoid it.

Weird chocolate PA.
    Learned today: Christian Pulisic is apparently from Hershey.

I saw an out of control Grateful Dead show in the pouring rain at Hershey park in ‘85 IIRC. Simply electric, in every sense possible.

Wilt Chamberlain had his 100-point game in Hershey.

I have toured Hershey several times, but never saw an Oompa-Loompah.

That’s all I’ve got.

Daycare issued the joint weather-Omicron alert. No surprise on either. They're adding precautions to the COVID protocol and offering credits to any parents that want to keep their kids out this first post-holiday week, which we had planned on doing anyway.

Meanwhile, the temperature is starting to drop. Looking forward to it getting cold again, frankly.

Overnight lows in the 20s for us. Brrrrr!!!!

For fans of a school that will likely never participate, we seem awfully concerned about a playoff format.

For fans of a school that will likely never participate, we seem awfully concerned about a playoff format.
    You can be a fan of the sport independent of Duke’s chances of participating though.

For example, I like the Winter Olympics. It does not concern me that Duke has only had one Olympic athlete compete in those games (earning a silver medal memory serves me right, and I believe that he and a teammate were the first two African-Americans to medal for the U.S. in a winter event). The events are fun.

I like college football. How it is conducted interests me. FWIW.

I like curling but wish there was more blood.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The Figure Skating Championships are now requiring proof of vaccination or a negative test for entry. If you are planning to go to every session, one negative test won't cut it for the full weekend. I will be wearing my day-glo orange sweatshirt for the Men's Championship event on Sunday. If the cameras pan past me, you won't miss the sweatshirt. I'm not sure how far down I am. I'm not front row, but I might be visible in a wider crowd shot.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I like curling but wish there was more blood.
    There is the way that I bowl the stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The Figure Skating Championships are now requiring proof of vaccination or a negative test for entry. If you are planning to go to every session, one negative test won't cut it for the full weekend. I will be wearing my day-glo orange sweatshirt for the Men's Championship event on Sunday. If the cameras pan past me, you won't miss the sweatshirt. I'm not sure how far down I am. I'm not front row, but I might be visible in a wider crowd shot.
    Have fun and be safe!

I’m a fan of Kate Upton, but will likely never participate.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Mutual decision?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Mutual decision?
    Ouch...

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Hah! Cannot spork. I have to say your statement was less definitive than I would have imagined but maybe I’m not giving you a Lloyd Christmas chance…

For those of you like ClemmonsDevil who can't get enough puns, Tank McNamara has a great one today: http://www.gocomics.com/tankmcnamara/2022/01/03.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    For those of you like ClemmonsDevil who can't get enough puns, Tank McNamara has a great one today: http://www.gocomics.com/tankmcnamara/2022/01/03.
    How dare you.

1st work day of 2022 done.

1st work day of 2022 done.
    Slacker! I’ve worked twice as many days as you this year.

I went down a google wormhole and started playing Stratego, a game from my youth, online. Good game. No idea why I thought about it yesterday.