Page 240 of 3385 FirstFirst ... 1401902302382392402412422502903407401240 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,800 of 67685
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    I've played the first game a little, but confess I'm not a fan. Based on the previews of the movie I've seen, it looks like a cross between The Corruptor and Constantine, which would not be pretty.
    I loved both games, and still reload either for fun..but it looks like the movie is less than ...something. And from what I've read, the movie is less than... something. Sniff, sniff... There's a dog around here to blame somewhere.

P.S. I thought Constantine was a great day in the theater..kids, wife and I had fun with that one. Worth the matinee price.

Ymm, donuts!!

Apple cider donuts.

Pumpkin cake donuts.

Ymm.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Cool! I'm cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm way cool. So's Tilly. I suspect Ymo is as well. Sue and Miles are cool. CathyCA, DA, DiK, ArkieDukie? Definitely cool. EJ defines cool. bb would be cool if he could escape from the closet. We'll still let you sit at our table, colchar, maybe the coolness will rub off.
    Never knew I fit into that group. Maybe I'd be pegged as geek-cool? Rest of the group, definitely cool!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Never knew I fit into that group. Maybe I'd be pegged as geek-cool? Rest of the group, definitely cool!
    Geek-cool is redundant, because geeks are cool.

How can you tell when you've left Mongolia and crossed into Tuva? It all looks about the same...

Happy Saturday morning! Sending vibes and best wishes to the Brunchgate crew. Wish I could join you! Cheer extra loudly for me - I'll be watching on TV!

I realized this morning that I now have 3 networking sites that I visit semi-regularly: Facebook, LinkedIn, and this thread. How cool is that?

Somebody on the radio mentioned his fear that it would turn out like constantine, but the movie reviewer they were interviewing said that the winged creatures were really a VERY small part of the movie, and that most people were too busy worrying about them and when they'd appear.

I'm also shocked that Body of Lies got so panned at rotten tomatoes. I've heard very good things about that one. And yet Quarantine did good, and I've heard nothing but bad things about that. Mostly that it's a VERY poor takeoff on cloverfield.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    I'm also shocked that Body of Lies got so panned at rotten tomatoes. I've heard very good things about that one. And yet Quarantine did good, and I've heard nothing but bad things about that. Mostly that it's a VERY poor takeoff on cloverfield.
    I saw Body of Lies last night and thought it was very good. Gorgeous, sweeping desert shots, two great actors and enough tension that I was drawn in for the entire movie. Thought the guy playing Hani was good too - interesting that he's Italian/Austrian but I was sold w/ him playing a Jordanian.

It's been some time since I posted in the LTE (or much of anywhere else around here, for that matter). So, um...hi everyone.

Hello Wilson! You are now Jimmy Spanarkel...someone's wife might find that interesting.

I also saw Body of Lies (at a preview, shoulda posted my thoughts here-- sorry) and found it pretty good. I was not a fan of the ending or how they got there but I enjoyed a lot of the rest of it. DiCaprio was very good. Crowe was all right. I think it is worth seeing, for sure, though partly because the current crop of films in theaters are so -- well -- croppy

--Jason "September and October are almost always baaad months for quality films" Evans

Oh, I completely forgot to mention, while I have not seen Max Payne, the reviews are simply awful. It is at 18% on Rotten Tomatoes, which takes some work.

The Detroit News says:
    Max Payne may be the worst movie of the year. The "may be" qualifier is only because the year isn't over yet.
    The LA Times says:
    Miserable, in every sense of the word.
    Rolling Stone says:
    Max just drags on as it drags you down. If you stay and watch the endless end credits, there's a short scene that hints a sequel is coming. That's what I call real pain.
    And the SF Chronicle writes:
    A critic can stay alert through movies that would put elephants into comas, but I doubt most people will stay awake for Max Payne.
    --Jason "seems like it might be worth waiting until DVD... or never watching at all" Evans

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Mostly that it's a VERY poor takeoff on cloverfield.
    Quarantine is a remake of a Mexican film..like Hollywood likes to redo the Japanese horror movies. I'm pretty sure the original came out before Cloverfield, and from what I've read, Quarantine is very true to the original, except it's in English. (They scream "aaaaaah" instead of "aaaaaaj")

Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hello Wilson! You are now Jimmy Spanarkel...someone's wife might find that interesting.
    We are sitting here right now and she is VERY interested.

Smile

Yep... and she's still my wife.

And the Red Sox are still alive...

Bleccch.

I wonder if a certain Red Sox fan gave up on them again last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I wonder if a certain Red Sox fan gave up on them again last night.
    I witnessed the parts of the game that TBS bothered to show...

Oh, and we have some non-fans in Snrubchat. The text from the last game was still in there, someone had the Screenname I hate PW's lamented my participation in the GT thread on the Main Board and wished PW's would stick to the OTB. I chuckled...someone taking themselves too seriously. But that is what happens on the other boards.