Page 2384 of 2461 FirstFirst ... 138418842284233423742382238323842385238623942434 ... LastLast
Results 47,661 to 47,680 of 49218
  1. #47661
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Have you ever really loved a woman?
    Please forgive me, you know not what you post.

  2. #47662
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Please forgive me, you know not what you post.
    isn't that Bryan Adams?

  3. #47663
    There is a Ryan Adams who is a singer from Jacksonville, North Carolina who married Mandy Moore. I assume this is who we are talking about. Also I am completely unaware of this person and I'm not 100% sure I know a song Mandy Moore sings unless she did that one about graduation a few years ago. I definitely have my finger on the pulse of pop culture.

  4. #47664
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    isn't that Bryan Adams?
    I assumed Ymo knew what he was doing? Maybe that's a bad assumption.

    Celebrity boxing match: Ryan Adams versus Bryan Adams. Who you got?

  5. #47665
    Bryan Adams is probably like 65 years old. So the younger dude.

  6. #47666
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Bryan Adams is probably like 65 years old. So the younger dude.
    Mutual knock-out might be the best bet.

    Bryan and Ryan both have baggage, apparently. Yeesh...


    (And based on pictures, I'm going Bryan...hands down)

  7. #47667
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    God shuffled his feet
    And glanced around at them
    The people cleared their throats
    And stared right back at Him

  8. #47668
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I assumed Ymo knew what he was doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Please forgive me, you know not what you post.

    Has anyone ever really been to a Ryan Adams show? Thus no rant. And it sounds like Bryan is broke...

  9. #47669
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Has anyone ever really been to a Ryan Adams show? Thus no rant. And it sounds like Bryan is broke...
    Has anyone ever seen the two in the same room together? Bryan Adams sounds like the name Ryan Adams might come up with to disguise his true identity if he had the intellect of Peter Griffin.

  10. #47670
    Wow.

    I did not see a lengthy B/Ryan Adams discussion coming when I posted that.

    For the record, there's nothing wrong with Ryan, just far from my cup of tea. Bryan, is about as cheesy as cheesy gets.

  11. #47671
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wow.

    I did not see a lengthy B/Ryan Adams discussion coming when I posted that.

    For the record, there's nothing wrong with Ryan, just far from my cup of tea. Bryan, is about as cheesy as cheesy gets.
    You’re very kind for calling it a “discussion”.

  12. #47672
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You’re very kind for calling it a “discussion”.
    True. This argument cuts like a knife.


    (I saw Bryan Adams when he inexplicably opened for The Rolling Stones in the mid-‘90’s. MrsPK and I still laugh at this one drunk dude a few rows in front of us who was SO into it, and then promptly passed out before the Stones took the stage).
    Birds aren’t real. Do your own research!

  13. #47673
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    My favorite Ryan/Bryan story is one where, at a RYAN Adams concert, someone kept yelling, "SUMMER OF '69!!!!!!" and he got very, very pissed.

    That just cracks me up.

    And, no, I was not actually at the concert.

  14. #47674
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My favorite Ryan/Bryan story is one where, at a RYAN Adams concert, someone kept yelling, "SUMMER OF '69!!!!!!" and he got very, very pissed.

    That just cracks me up.

    And, no, I was not actually at the concert.
    There is always one in the crowd.

  15. #47675
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    There is always one in the crowd.
    Afraid to reply to Aimo. I better give her a couple of days, so I am replying to you. I still don't have any idea who Ryan is and I refuse to look his music up. Unless he raps, could open for Rage Against the Machine, or plays banjo I won't like him.

  16. #47676
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Afraid to reply to Aimo. I better give her a couple of days, so I am replying to you. I still don't have any idea who Ryan is and I refuse to look his music up. Unless he raps, could open for Rage Against the Machine, or plays banjo I won't like him.
    He's actually not far off from this. His first ~four albums or so are excellent modern Americana; too bad he's a gigantic a-hole.

  17. #47677
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    He's actually not far off from this. His first ~four albums or so are excellent modern Americana; too bad he's a gigantic a-hole.
    I feel like this is an attempt at retribution for my anti-turkey stance.

  18. #47678
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I feel like this is an attempt at retribution for my anti-turkey stance.
    It's really not. To reiterate, Ryan Adams' solo output between about 2000 and 2005, plus his stuff with The Cardinals (band, not baseball team) and at least some of the (pre-2000) Whiskeytown material, is really terrific. But he's a huge, huge a-hole...abundant misogyny and dripping disdain for his own fans (he's big on the "I'm in a bad mood, so I'll sulk off the stage after playing for like 45 minutes" move, for example).

  19. #47679
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    It's really not. To reiterate, Ryan Adams' solo output between about 2000 and 2005, plus his stuff with The Cardinals (band, not baseball team) and at least some of the (pre-2000) Whiskeytown material, is really terrific. But he's a huge, huge a-hole...abundant misogyny and dripping disdain for his own fans (he's big on the "I'm in a bad mood, so I'll sulk off the stage after playing for like 45 minutes" move, for example).
    Okay fine, I'll tell the rest of my story.

    I got dragged to see Ryan Adams with a girl I was dating. I was cranky about the entire concept. The opening act (I don't recall who it was - there may have been gin and tonics involved) was... not good. And I was vocal about this.

    Turns out, Ryan was sitting two rows behind me and had me 86'd from the club (it was a very small venue in my Seattle days). I was much more pleased with this result than my date was.

    I don't know that this story makes Ryan Adams seems like an a-hole or makes me seem like one. But I did feel that holding back this part of the story was disingenuous.

  20. #47680
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Okay fine, I'll tell the rest of my story.

    I got dragged to see Ryan Adams with a girl I was dating. I was cranky about the entire concept. The opening act (I don't recall who it was - there may have been gin and tonics involved) was... not good. And I was vocal about this.

    Turns out, Ryan was sitting two rows behind me and had me 86'd from the club (it was a very small venue in my Seattle days). I was much more pleased with this result than my date was.

    I don't know that this story makes Ryan Adams seems like an a-hole or makes me seem like one. But I did feel that holding back this part of the story was disingenuous.
    Both things can be true!

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •