Page 2368 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 136818682268231823582366236723682369237023782418246828683368 ... LastLast
Results 47,341 to 47,360 of 67666
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I may have said that Romeo & Juliet is not my favorite Shakespeare because it isn't, but I don't hate it. I have seen a FB meme that says it's not a great love story, it's a 6 day relationship between 2 teenagers that gets 6 people killed. The cast had a laugh about that description because - accurate. But, I made the argument that while the story is not a great love story, the balcony scene is one of the greatest love scenes of all time. The cast agreed.
    Hmmm. Well, mea culpa! I could have sworn someone in the LTE didn’t like it but maybe it was in response to the meme.

Congrats on the show! Good audiences?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hmmm. Well, mea culpa! I could have sworn someone in the LTE didn’t like it but maybe it was in response to the meme.

I do know LeVert and Romeo have never been friends.

I liked going to the malls around Christmas time for the general atmosphere but not the shopping experience. I'm enjoying this new remote world where I only have to leave the house on my terms.

I am having the worst day I have ever had at work. Otherwise, things are going well!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I am having the worst day I have ever had at work. Otherwise, things are going well!
    In your profession, this isn’t good. Hoping your day improves.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    In your profession, this isn’t good. Hoping your day improves.
    No. I am mad. I am scared.

Sorry to hear this. Are the grumbling underlings making trouble again?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

I would have to say yes. The theater required proof of vaccination or a negative covid test for admittance and you had to sit through 2 1/2 hours of Shakespeare in a mask, so, getting 40+ people night was considered a success. We had over 60 for one performance. Not even all theater people love Shakespeare. However, among the theater people, it's all or nothing. There are no casual Shakespeare fans in the theater crowd - if you're into Shakespeare, you are a total Shakespeare geek.

The hubby came closing night and stayed for the cast party which went until 3am. He told me that he had purposefully not reminded himself of all the details in Romeo & Juliet so the story would feel fresh when he came to see it. He remembered the basics but the big surprise for him was how important Friar Lawrence (the part I played) is towards moving the plot along.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Oh no! Hope the day turns around.

I hope your day gets better.

Do you need someone to come administer pointy toed shoe shin kicks to someone?

We finished 'The Americans' last night, and now I'm very much in "...uuuuhh...now what?" mode.
    Annual holiday viewing will tide us over for the next several weeks, but after that, we're not sure what we'll dive in on next.
    Recommendations welcome, but be aware that I will reject some of them out of hand. Please do not recommend:
    • Insecure
    • Succession
    • Ted Lasso
    • Mad Men

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    We finished 'The Americans' last night, and now I'm very much in "...uuuuhh...now what?" mode.
    Annual holiday viewing will tide us over for the next several weeks, but after that, we're not sure what we'll dive in on next.
    Recommendations welcome, but be aware that I will reject some of them out of hand. Please do not recommend:
    • Insecure
    • Succession
    • Ted Lasso
    • Mad Men

Wait - I need clarification... Have you watched these so you don't need them recommended? Or do you have no interest in seeing them? Or did you dislike them?

Definitely impacts the recommendations I will offer.

Here’s hoping things improve for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wait - I need clarification... Have you watched these so you don't need them recommended? Or do you have no interest in seeing them? Or did you dislike them?

Definitely impacts the recommendations I will offer.
    The importance of representation notwithstanding, I'm not interested in social drama & navel-gazing à la Succession.
    I get the appeal of Ted Lasso but just am not dying to watch it (will likely take the plunge early next year once I subscribe to Apple+ after the new Fraggle Rock drops in January).
    Corporate culture and its glorification interests me less than zero, so no thanks to stuff like Succession and Mad Men.

For the record: I recognize that my above outlines are gross oversimplifications of these shows and their deeper messaging, but I need to be interested in the core conceit to get started in the first place.

• Insecure
    • Succession
    • Ted Lasso
    • Mad Men
    It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to love a show more than The Americans. Keri Russell was otherworldly in that role. Just a brilliant casting decision and performance.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to love a show more than The Americans. Keri Russell was otherworldly in that role. Just a brilliant casting decision and performance.
    It really is a masterpiece of a series. The only one I definitively like more at this point is 'The Sopranos' (well ok, and DuckTales), and even there, the gap is a hell of a lot narrower than I could've ever expected it to be.

It really is a masterpiece of a series. The only one I definitively like more at this point is 'The Sopranos' (well ok, and DuckTales), and even there, the gap is a hell of a lot narrower than I could've ever expected it to be.
    Shockingly good.

An old college buddy of mine got banned for life from TJ Maxx for going to one of their stores and dipping his testicles in the glitter.

Pretty nuts, huh?

An old college buddy of mine got banned for life from TJ Maxx for going to one of their stores and dipping his testicles in the glitter.

Pretty nuts, huh?
    You should be banned from the LTE for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    You should be banned from the LTE for that one.
    I'm just a little punchy because someone stole my license to Microsoft Office. To the perpetrator - I will find you! You have my Word!