Page 233 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1331832232312322332342352432833337331233 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 67399
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Not necessarily. You could be a (blank) OR you could be an (blank).
    Knowing Sue, I believe "an" is correct. Of course, she'll probably say that you're right and I'm wrong, then throw in something like "I owe her dinner at Flemmings".

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Knowing Sue, I believe "an" is correct. Of course, she'll probably say that you're right and I'm wrong, then throw in something like "I owe her dinner at Flemmings".
    Dinner for Sue sounds like the proper answer.

In the Top 50 now!

I'm back from my break even excursion...

Smile WAFFLE time!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm back from my break even excursion...
    And look what happened ...

the threads have merged again!!

WOW!! I was just getting used to the two separate threads. Oh well ... no longer will we see "Shameless PWing."

Getting back to the topic, how come waffles are great for any meal of the day? With all the discussion of pancakes, it is just VERY hard to top a pecan waffle or a Belgian waffle.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

shameless PW'ing, LTE

Waaahh-merged into the LTE. Oh well, several of us had our 15 minutes (or hours) or fame (or infamy) and that just puts this thread that much closer to BB. Now, if EJ can only keep him bound (hands and fingers!) and gagged, we can catch him this month.

waffles

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    And look what happened ...

the threads have merged again!!

WOW!! I was just getting used to the two separate threads. Oh well ... no longer will we see "Shameless PWing."

Getting back to the topic, how come waffles are great for any meal of the day? With all the discussion of pancakes, it is just VERY hard to top a pecan waffle or a Belgian waffle.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Easy: you can top it with a chocolate chip/pecan or CC/banana waffle OR you can top it with fruit, yogurt, ice cream, whipped cream or butter and warm maple syrup-or all of the above-your choice/s.

Smile Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Easy: you can top it with a chocolate chip/pecan or CC/banana waffle OR you can top it with fruit, yogurt, ice cream, whipped cream or butter and warm maple syrup-or all of the above-your choice/s.
    Correction, I meant it's very easy to put a topping on a waffle, but it's difficult to find something much better.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

P.S. NO beer and waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Correction, I meant it's very easy to put a topping on a waffle, but it's difficult to find something much better.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

P.S. NO beer and waffles.
    -Surely you could find some ale to match up with your waffles. You found one to pair with donuts.

Thanks, Mods, for the merge! Long live the LTE.

I'm super excited for next weekend - not only will I get to meet some of my favorite DBR denizens, but I'll get some GTHC decals from DD; some real honest-to-goodness BBQ; both Duke BBall and Duke Football; a tour of campus that I haven't seen since 2001, and a trip to the Waffle House, for a pecan waflle with a fried egg on top, plus scattered, smothered, covered, and chunked hashbrowns!

Oh, and I get to introduce Mr. DA to all of these things as totally new-to-him experiences.

And yes, I'm taking Friday off to get there, so it's a four-day work week.

Man, just doesn't get any better.

______

Three Hundred and Fifty Two Posts is all we need to catch BillyBreen. We can do it this week, folks! Fifty+ posts a day, and we can be there!

Calling Lavabe, DD, Ymo, BD, Fish80, EJ, and all the regulars - let's post away!

Which would you rather - early season NHL, or pre-season NBA?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Calling Lavabe, DD, Ymo, BD, Fish80, EJ, and all the regulars - let's post away!

Aw, you betcha! Oops, PPB!

How about a third option - World Series!!!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    By the way, I have to go dig up the poll on how many games the Falcons would win this year. I put in for 10. They are currently 4-2. I expect to be called genius should my prediction come true. Do not taunt BC quarterbacks.

Smile G'night, Canada!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    By the way, I have to go dig up the poll on how many games the Falcons would win this year. I put in for 10. They are currently 4-2. I expect to be called genius should my prediction come true. Do not taunt BC quarterbacks.
    You're a genius!

Hey, I vote for hockey, eh!

But as for those hockey moms, do they really wear lipstick?

Oh... I'd like to see Grapes take on Sarah!

Cheevers,
    Lavabe

Talking Waffle House, baby!!

... and a trip to the Waffle House, for a pecan waflle with a fried egg on top, plus scattered, smothered, covered, and chunked hashbrowns!
    Dat's what I'm talkin' about!!

RIGHT ON!!

For the record... scattered, doubled, peppered, and topped.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

P.S. I'm assuming you'll be bringing some Pacific Northwest brew of some sort, eh?

I'm super excited for next weekend - not only will I get to meet some of my favorite DBR denizens, but I'll get some GTHC decals from DD; some real honest-to-goodness BBQ; both Duke BBall and Duke Football; a tour of campus that I haven't seen since 2001, and a trip to the Waffle House, for a pecan waflle with a fried egg on top, plus scattered, smothered, covered, and chunked hashbrowns!

Oh, and I get to introduce Mr. DA to all of these things as totally new-to-him experiences.

Awesome DA! I'm really excited for you, and massively jealous too. I hope you and Mr. DA have a blast. Have some Q for me.

At the moment, I have nothing to contribute.

______

Three Hundred and Fifty Two Posts is all we need to catch BillyBreen. We can do it this week, folks! Fifty+ posts a day, and we can be there!

neither

Bringing any Pike Place or Grant's Ales with you? They transport safely if you put them inside a sock and then put them inside shoes in your suitcases. That's less attactive these days as the charges for overwieght bags is fairly high and the availablity of west coast brews in NC is better now.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    At the moment, I have nothing to contribute.
    That never stopped you before.