Page 2323 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 132318232223227323132321232223232324232523332373242328233323 ... LastLast
Results 46,441 to 46,460 of 67380
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Cambodia doesn’t have an extradition treaty with the U.S., and they absolutely revere teachers there.
    Not that I’ve given this any thought or done any research.
    The season opening episode of Succession dug into the extradition issue rather nicely this week. Gotta be careful where the executive jet takes you.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Did he stay stateside or flee to outside the U.S.? There are certainly places you can go in the world that don't have extradition agreements with the U.S.
    I believe he spent the year to 18 months, on the lam, in the United States. The federal judge, as part of releasing him on bail prior to sentencing, had required him and the other convicted defendants to give up their passports. He was also required to wear an electronic ankle bracelet which he was able to remove (somehow) right before he fled. Apparently during the time he was wanted by the authorities, he was spotted in several locations around the country but managed to stay one step ahead of the Feds. It was a fascinating story and I'm surprised no one ever wrote a comprehensive book about the whole caper.

After serving his 24-year sentence in federal prison, the defendant did write a book about his personal failures.

https://www.cutimes.com/2020/03/06/b...ceo-tells-all/

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    I believe he spent the year to 18 months, on the lam, in the United States. The federal judge, as part of releasing him on bail prior to sentencing, had required him and the other convicted defendants to give up their passports. He was also required to wear an electronic ankle bracelet which he was able to remove (somehow) right before he fled. Apparently during the time he was wanted by the authorities, he was spotted in several locations around the country but managed to stay one step ahead of the Feds. It was a fascinating story and I'm surprised no one ever wrote a comprehensive book about the whole caper.

After serving his 24-year sentence in federal prison, the defendant did write a book about his personal failures.

https://www.cutimes.com/2020/03/06/b...ceo-tells-all/
    Interesting. Had not heard of him but he’s in Madoff, Belfort territory.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Cambodia doesn’t have an extradition treaty with the U.S., and they absolutely revere teachers there.
    Not that I’ve given this any thought or done any research.
    France does not have an extradition treaty with the U.S. last time I checked.

Interesting. Had not heard of him but he’s in Madoff, Belfort territory.
    Well, maybe not in the same league as Madoff or Belfort or some of the other Wall Street crooks, but, I believe, at the time, it was the largest case of criminal fraud involving a federal credit union in the history of the country. The case received a tremendous amount of publicity in Boston and Massachusetts in the early 90's. Definitely an interesting and prominent cast of characters who were involved in the fraud. Unfortunately, the lawyer I worked for (who had been a very successful lawyer and basically at the tail end of his legal career) got caught up in the scandal and was disbarred and sentenced to 10 years in federal prison.

Creamy? Chunky? What am I supposed to put on a PB&J?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Is this really still a question?

Grape

Creamy, strawberry, fight me

You only seek to divide this thing you helped create?

Are there jellies, jams, preserves that call for crunchy and some that call for creamy?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Are there jellies, jams, preserves that call for crunchy and some that call for creamy?
    Nothing ever calls for crunchy.

Nothing ever calls for crunchy.
    OPK does.

OPK does.
    (Slow clap)

I need clarity and guidance. I know, not the right place to get it. But where else do I turn to?

*yawn*

Good morning

I need clarity and guidance. I know, not the right place to get it. But where else do I turn to?
    Your better and more successful friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    *yawn*

Good morning
    How did the thing you needed our (im)moral support for go?

How did the thing you needed our (im)moral support for go?
    Find out soon. So far so good.

Yuck. Packing up to head home from the beach. Had a great time with the granddaughters. I am not looking forward to making up missed work next week.