Page 2318 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 131818182218226823082316231723182319232023282368241828183318 ... LastLast
Results 46,341 to 46,360 of 67666
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yeah well, that's just like your opinion, man.
    I'm not complaining. I thought his comment really tied the thread together.

I like the sun being up soon after I get up and that is pre-7 AM not pre-8 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Are you farming? I want to be able to do stuff outside after 5:30.

I rather like being up before the sun on school days. I'm done with my workout and a thoughtful, quiet cup of coffee by the time it gets light out. That rhythm really agrees with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Not that I'm doing it much these days, but commuting during regular time is awful. Dark when I leave, dark when I get home.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Not that I'm doing it much these days, but commuting during regular time is awful. Dark when I leave, dark when I get home.
    That was always so depressing to me when I still worked in the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I rather like being up before the sun on school days. I'm done with my workout and a thoughtful, quiet cup of coffee by the time it gets light out. That rhythm really agrees with me.
    I prefer it to be lighter sooner. My morning walk is a heck of a lot nicer when it is actually morning. There's nothing cool about walking under streetlights. I'm not sleeping past 6 most days regardless, so the time I'm awake before dawn starts to break is...mostly wasted, if I'm honest.

I'm argumentative.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    There's nothing cool about walking under streetlights. I'm not sleeping past 6 most days regardless, so the time I'm awake before dawn starts to break is...mostly wasted, if I'm honest.
    That time is my clean up, put things back in order, time so can be fairly productive for me.

I usually not done with work for the day until after 6:30 and more often to 7 PM. So there isn't much chance of me doing stuff outside after 5:30 on anything but the weekends. During the summer, I can mow the yard mid-week but the sun isn't setting until 8:30 PM then.

That time is my clean up, put things back in order, time so can be fairly productive for me.
    Yeah, you're right: I really SHOULD be a better person.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hey daylight savings time ending, better change your shirt, that one has tread marks on it from where MtnDevil dun run you over!
    Daylight Savings Time: (Exists)

MtnDevil: Here comes the boom!!!!

For me it's mental and emotional productivity. I've really gotten into a pretty nice Zen rhythm at the gym, so it doesn't require a whole lot of thought to go through my routine, especially once I get to the cardio part. I use that hour to contemplate and work through a lot of things.
    Then, I also keep an extra half hour or so built into my morning schedule to, as I said, just sit quietly in the dark after finishing my shower. I might spend it puttering on the internet, I might read something to prep for the school day, or I might just be still.
    At any rate, my predawn routine is very precious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    For me it's mental and emotional productivity. I've really gotten into a pretty nice Zen rhythm at the gym, so it doesn't require a whole lot of thought to go through my routine, especially once I get to the cardio part. I use that hour to contemplate and work through a lot of things.
    Then, I also keep an extra half hour or so built into my morning schedule to, as I said, just sit quietly in the dark after finishing my shower. I might spend it puttering on the internet, I might read something to prep for the school day, or I might just be still.
    At any rate, my predawn routine is very precious to me.
    Same for me. Maybe because I look way better in the dark. And in a mask. And from a distance.

I don't have a problem with it. Days are shorter, then after 12/21 they slowly start getting longer again. Just forces me to do more inside stuff that needs to be done.

We did this last year (this is my 1 year anniversary...sorry!). Bostondevil makes the point about standard time being safer for school children at bus stops. It is a solid point. I just need the daylight.

I just need the daylight.
    I didn't realize it until you made this comment, but daylight savings time is man's way of getting the sun to adjust to him(her) rather than adjusting to the sun. I'm for it's abolishment now more than ever.

I didn't realize it until you made this comment, but daylight savings time is man's way of getting the sun to adjust to him(her) rather than adjusting to the sun. I'm for it's abolishment now more than ever.
    Well that didn't work out as intended. Good perspective though.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Ready for Daylight Savings to end.
    I am also ready for Daylight Savings to end.

(That makes 2 of us.)

I don't care whether we stick with the daylight savings time hours or go with standard time. I just don't like the switching back and forth.

I actually worked with someone in high school who thought daylight savings time gave you an extra hour of daylight. She didn't understand that it just shifted the hours of daylight. I wonder what she ended up doing in life?