Page 2247 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 124717472147219722372245224622472248224922572297234727473247 ... LastLast
Results 44,921 to 44,940 of 67742
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    our new living room furniture revealed itself last night as not of the lucky variety. Perhaps it is hoops oriented furniture. My eyeballs still hurt from that game...55 seasons of this is taking its toll.
    I didn't have a way to view it that I could figure out without subscribing to something. So, I missed it except for updates via CBS Sports app. Which worked better than the ESPN app.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I didn't have a way to view it that I could figure out without subscribing to something. So, I missed it except for updates via CBS Sports app. Which worked better than the ESPN app.
    The ESPN app apparently hasn't been upgraded or updated in about ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    The ESPN app apparently hasn't been upgraded or updated in about ten years.
    That would explain it's lack of performance.

Consider yourself fortunate. Duke football is sad to behold right now, it really is.

Consider yourself fortunate. Duke football is sad to behold right now, it really is.
    I got lucky for a while. Vandy had a few good seasons under Franklin, then Coach C’s team started to click. I had a good 5-6 years of college football.

I got lucky for a while. Vandy had a few good seasons under Franklin, then Coach C’s team started to click. I had a good 5-6 years of college football.
    we've kept our season tickets since 1985, sat through ALL the winless and one win seasons, so we are battle tested for our current circumstances. I just feel really bad for Cut because he extricated us from our horrendous situation, only to sink back into it.

we've kept our season tickets since 1985, sat through ALL the winless and one win seasons, so we are battle tested for our current circumstances. I just feel really bad for Cut because he extricated us from our horrendous situation, only to sink back into it.
    I think the best you can ask for is a winning record for 2-3 years in a row with a peak of 9-4 or 8-5 and 2-3 bowl appearances per decade. 7-8 out of those years will be losing records. But there us no sustaining success. You can find 3-4 smart basketball players you can get into Duke every year. Especially because you are the preeminent smart kid basketball school. But Duke isn't that in football. Those kids will go to Stanford or Northwestern or Vandy before they go to Duke for football.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I think the best you can ask for is a winning record for 2-3 years in a row with a peak of 9-4 or 8-5 and 2-3 bowl appearances per decade. 7-8 out of those years will be losing records. But there us no sustaining success. You can find 3-4 smart basketball players you can get into Duke every year. Especially because you are the preeminent smart kid basketball school. But Duke isn't that in football. Those kids will go to Stanford or Northwestern or Vandy before they go to Duke for football.
    perhaps so, but we had it going when we had MUCH better assistant coaches, e.g. Latina, McIntryre et al...I watched us beat NW pretty handily in Evanston a few years ago...I don't see us as having a recruiting disadvantage against them, but right now we do have a coaching disadvantage.

perhaps so, but we had it going when we had MUCH better assistant coaches, e.g. Latina, McIntryre et al...I watched us beat NW pretty handily in Evanston a few years ago...I don't see us as having a recruiting disadvantage against them, but right now we do have a coaching disadvantage.
    I don't agree with this. Or at least I don't think any of us are savvy enough to make that declaration. And I know this is an unpopular opinion. But I think it's correct.

I agree with OPK's donkey doughnuts assessment, but I thoroughly enjoyed the end of the game in Blacksburg. That made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I agree with OPK's donkey doughnuts assessment, but I thoroughly enjoyed the end of the game in Blacksburg. That made me smile.
    Schadenfreude is still one tasty dish!

Schadenfreude is still one tasty dish!
    Tastier than whatever our team was serving yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Tastier than whatever our team was serving yesterday.
    Like a fellow Duke fan told me this morning, yesterday was worse for unc fans...they actually thought they had the #10 team in the country.

Like a fellow Duke fan told me this morning, yesterday was worse for unc fans...they actually thought they had the #10 team in the country.
    Don't they always thunk that?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    OK, unpopular opinion, but I remain dismayed that a world class research university that does world class medical research even has a football team. I can't watch football anymore, especially not college football, without thinking about all the brain damage. /Debbie Downer/

Sorry, I'll stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    OK, unpopular opinion, but I remain dismayed that a world class research university that does world class medical research even has a football team. I can't watch football anymore, especially not college football, without thinking about all the brain damage. /Debbie Downer/

Sorry, I'll stop now.
    I am struggling with this as well.

I do too, but I also manage to eat steak without thinking about how the cows die. I guess we just partition stuff. But as Larry Fedora (formerly of unc) said a few years ago, https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/07/lar...-acc-media-day if football goes down, America goes down with it (you really can't make this stuff up).

Wow, DBR is on fire...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I do too, but I also manage to eat steak without thinking about how the cows die. I guess we just partition stuff. But as Larry Fedora (formerly of unc) said a few years ago, https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/07/lar...-acc-media-day if football goes down, America goes down with it (you really can't make this stuff up).
    Good point. I eat beef. But not lobster. And I don't eat lobster because I can't stop thinking about how lobsters die. So, for me, the taboos are football and lobster (and boxing). What are yours?

Honestly, given the way some people feel about some things these day, the hat might be right. I can imagine stranger things than a civil war over the end of football.