Page 2236 of 2664 FirstFirst ... 1236173621362186222622342235223622372238224622862336 ... LastLast
Results 44,701 to 44,720 of 53272
  1. #44701
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Pretty much back to normal. I should say that my case of shingles struck me as mild from a pain perspective. The bigger concern was that it was on my face. Getting it diagnosed was the bigger issue I ran into. Urgent care was no help, the ER diagnosed in a couple minutes of seeing me.
    I need to get my Shingrix. Not looking forward to it. My mom had a mild case, after getting the original vaccine. She recognized the symptoms and went that day to Urgent Care, where her diagnosis was confirmed. Was put on antivirals right away. That combined with the vaccine contributed to a very mild case. But it was close to her eye, which was scary. She needs to get her Shingrix now, too.

  2. #44702
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Pretty much back to normal. I should say that my case of shingles struck me as mild from a pain perspective. The bigger concern was that it was on my face. Getting it diagnosed was the bigger issue I ran into. Urgent care was no help, the ER diagnosed in a couple minutes of seeing me.
    Time is of the essence. I was fortunate enough to get diagnosed VERY early at an urgent care place on Topsail Island a few years ago, I'd been mystified at the itchy (incredibly itchy) eruptions on my left arm. Zero pain. Thoughtful doc diagnosed shingles, got me started immediatetly with an anti-viral drug...the entire arm erupted the next day, confirming his dianosis, but the drugs stopped it dead in its tracks, it was gone quickly. The point being, if one suspects Shingles, get looked at quickly, very quickly.

  3. #44703
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Lovely morning for a wagon ride.

  4. #44704
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Lovely morning for a wagon ride.
    -Donner party
    You didn't properly cite this.

  5. #44705
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Pretty much back to normal. I should say that my case of shingles struck me as mild from a pain perspective. The bigger concern was that it was on my face. Getting it diagnosed was the bigger issue I ran into. Urgent care was no help, the ER diagnosed in a couple minutes of seeing me.
    Glad to hear you are back to normal! Sorry you had to go through it.

  6. #44706
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You didn't properly cite this.
    Hah. I wonder what those folks would think seeing that today we hike, camp, ski and otherwise recreate in these places they all got 'et.

  7. #44707
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Video game pitch: marsupials fight to the death. Call it, Mortal Wombat.

  8. #44708
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Video game pitch: marsupials fight to the death. Call it, Mortal Wombat.
    Reported

  9. #44709
    Done, now what do I read?

  10. #44710
    So, when I started undergrad, wine coolers were a thing...

  11. #44711
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, when I started undergrad, wine coolers were a thing...
    I drank a lot of wine coolers in the 90s. I assume no one is surprised.

  12. #44712
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I drank a lot of wine coolers in the 90s. I assume no one is surprised.
    My best friend in college would only drink Zima.

  13. #44713
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My best friend in college would only drink Zima.
    Yep. Zima with a jolly rancher dropped in.

  14. #44714
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    That combined with the vaccine contributed to a very mild case. But it was close to her eye, which was scary. She needs to get her Shingrix now, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Time is of the essence. I was fortunate enough to get diagnosed VERY early at an urgent care place on Topsail Island a few years ago, I'd been mystified at the itchy (incredibly itchy) eruptions on my left arm. Zero pain. Thoughtful doc diagnosed shingles, got me started immediatetly with an anti-viral drug...the entire arm erupted the next day, confirming his dianosis, but the drugs stopped it dead in its tracks, it was gone quickly. The point being, if one suspects Shingles, get looked at quickly, very quickly.
    My case was close to my eye also. It started on my jawline and moved up my face. The lack of proper diagnosis at the urgent care delayed my getting proper treatment for a few days. Friday evening I went to the ER. A PA(ex-military) looked at me when I walked in and said, "You've got shingles. We'll have to in process you and then run the tests. After that, we will put you on an anti-viral IV drip and then send you home." 4 hours later I was home. I could feel the drugs working as I was hooked up to the IV. With respect to the current situation that we find ourselves in, as noted by the plague thread, I now believe a more minimal level of standard of care provided to all would greatly assist us a country. I would not have said that 5 years ago. I'm all for the insurance approach, being in insurance myself(Property/Casualty), but now believe that is not sufficient unto itself. One of the things you don't realize, growing up as an Army/military brat, is that not everyone has access to dentists and doctors that you go see on regular schedules.

  15. #44715
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    My case was close to my eye also. It started on my jawline and moved up my face. The lack of proper diagnosis at the urgent care delayed my getting proper treatment for a few days. Friday evening I went to the ER. A PA(ex-military) looked at me when I walked in and said, "You've got shingles. We'll have to in process you and then run the tests. After that, we will put you on an anti-viral IV drip and then send you home." 4 hours later I was home. I could feel the drugs working as I was hooked up to the IV. With respect to the current situation that we find ourselves in, as noted by the plague thread, I now believe a more minimal level of standard of care provided to all would greatly assist us a country. I would not have said that 5 years ago. I'm all for the insurance approach, being in insurance myself(Property/Casualty), but now believe that is not sufficient unto itself. One of the things you don't realize, growing up as an Army/military brat, is that not everyone has access to dentists and doctors that you go see on regular schedules.
    true dat.

  16. #44716
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My best friend in college would only drink Zima.
    I have never consumed either a wine cooler or a Zima.

  17. #44717
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have never consumed either a wine cooler or a Zima.
    You're better for that.

  18. #44718
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You're better for that.
    Well, I have drunk Laphroaig, on purpose, more than once.

  19. #44719
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Well, I have drunk Laphroaig, on purpose, more than once.
    Ha! And you hated it as I remember. I drink no liquor. Almost exclusively beer.

  20. #44720
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    I drink very little liquor anymore and have likewise trended toward beer as a greater and greater percentage of my drinking, but a wayward weekend in hospital rooms next to an, erm, cantankerous patient has me reconsidering that calculus.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •