Page 2235 of 2468 FirstFirst ... 1235173521352185222522332234223522362237224522852335 ... LastLast
Results 44,681 to 44,700 of 49342
  1. #44681
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Sigh. The harassment continued. Is there a way to block DBR uses from sending you PMs? Otherwise, perhaps if I just ignore them they will feel they have won and I'll chalk it up to just another wanker thinking they have a right to "put me in my place".

  2. #44682
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Sigh. The harassment continued. Is there a way to block DBR uses from sending you PMs? Otherwise, perhaps if I just ignore them they will feel they have won and I'll chalk it up to just another wanker thinking they have a right to "put me in my place".
    I think there's a "block user" feature I used once upon a time. I don't know if it applies to PMs or not.

    I'd address it with a esteemed moderator.

  3. #44683
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I think there's a "block user" feature I used once upon a time. I don't know if it applies to PMs or not.

    I'd address it with a esteemed moderator.
    Budwom used it on me. I kept sending him pictures of my aunt. We are better now.

  4. #44684
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Sigh. The harassment continued. Is there a way to block DBR uses from sending you PMs? Otherwise, perhaps if I just ignore them they will feel they have won and I'll chalk it up to just another wanker thinking they have a right to "put me in my place".
    Really? I guess Iím not provocative enough, Iíve only received hate PMs once. I need to start throwing posting more grenades maybe?

  5. #44685
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I think there's a "block user" feature I used once upon a time. I don't know if it applies to PMs or not.

    I'd address it with a esteemed moderator.
    I don't know that I want to give them the satisfaction of thinking that they got to me. Also, the language isn't exactly harassing. It's all couched in a "who me" veneer probably designed to give themselves some cover.

    I mean - did they get to me? I'm trying to decide. I think this person is trying to shut me up. I think this person is male. So, sadly, with this type of male, I actually do become, privately and to myself, exactly what he has accused me of, dismissive.

    I will say this publicly with the caveat that present company is excepted, but I have had to deal with men who cannot keep up with me intellectually all my life. I will treat them with respect until they start pulling the nonsense that some of them do when they also realize that they cannot keep up with me intellectually and their reaction is to try to bring me down. After that, I will endeavor, outwardly, to continue to treat them with respect, but inwardly, I ain't got time for them or their opinions which I dismiss out of hand.

    It has taken me most of my life to give up feeling guilty about the fact that there are men who cannot keep up with me intellectually. I did not marry one of those. None of my sons are in that category either. Thank goodness.

  6. #44686
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I don't know that I want to give them the satisfaction of thinking that they got to me. Also, the language isn't exactly harassing. It's all couched in a "who me" veneer probably designed to give themselves some cover.

    I mean - did they get to me? I'm trying to decide. I think this person is trying to shut me up. I think this person is male. So, sadly, with this type of male, I actually do become, privately and to myself, exactly what he has accused me of, dismissive.

    I will say this publicly with the caveat that present company is excepted, but I have had to deal with men who cannot keep up with me intellectually all my life. I will treat them with respect until they start pulling the nonsense that some of them do when they also realize that they cannot keep up with me intellectually and their reaction is to try to bring me down. After that, I will endeavor, outwardly, to continue to treat them with respect, but inwardly, I ain't got time for them or their opinions which I dismiss out of hand.

    It has taken me most of my life to give up feeling guilty about the fact that there are men who cannot keep up with me intellectually. I did not marry one of those. None of my sons are in that category either. Thank goodness.
    My thoughts on this: I married an exceptionally strong and accomplished woman and we are raisong our daughter to be one as well. Maybe it is working in medicine, which skews female, but I have no tolerance for the masculinity crap. If you need that, go be a longshoreman or lumberjack.

  7. #44687
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    My thoughts on this: I married an exceptionally strong and accomplished woman and we are raisong our daughter to be one as well. Maybe it is working in medicine, which skews female, but I have no tolerance for the masculinity crap.If you need that, go be a longshoreman or lumberjack.
    I have way too much respect for longshoremen and lumberjacks to encourage that!

    Nah, what they actually do is work in financial services. Apologies to any financial services types who post here! Again, present company excepted. It's not all financial services types.

  8. #44688
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    My thoughts on this: I married an exceptionally strong and accomplished woman and we are raisong our daughter to be one as well. Maybe it is working in medicine, which skews female, but I have no tolerance for the masculinity crap. If you need that, go be a longshoreman or lumberjack.
    Do either of them own hot pink boxing gloves? Just sayin' if you don't have a pair you could borrow theirs.

  9. #44689
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Do either of them own hot pink boxing gloves? Just sayin' if you don't have a pair you could borrow theirs.
    They do actually...

  10. #44690
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    My thoughts on this: I married an exceptionally strong and accomplished woman and we are raisong our daughter to be one as well. Maybe it is working in medicine, which skews female, but I have no tolerance for the masculinity crap. If you need that, go be a longshoreman or lumberjack.
    Can she in-game dunk?

  11. #44691
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Can she in-game dunk?
    Metaphorically

  12. #44692
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Metaphorically
    My wife has terrible leaping ability. Not surprised; the Scottish are not known for their verticals.

  13. #44693
    1) Bostondevil - just be yourself, that is all we will ever ask

    2) Probably because I had a case of shingles 5 or so years ago, this Shingrix vaccine is definitely having an impact. In fact, it may be worse than the actual case I had. Not looking forward to dose #2. Upside is that I'm likely to be 4-5 lbs. lighter by Monday/Tuesday. Fluid intake is good but zero hunger.

    3) Yeah, I got nothing else. 2 items just seemed to short for a list.

  14. #44694
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    1) Bostondevil - just be yourself, that is all we will ever ask

    2) Probably because I had a case of shingles 5 or so years ago, this Shingrix vaccine is definitely having an impact. In fact, it may be worse than the actual case I had. Not looking forward to dose #2. Upside is that I'm likely to be 4-5 lbs. lighter by Monday/Tuesday. Fluid intake is good but zero hunger.

    3) Yeah, I got nothing else. 2 items just seemed to short for a list.
    4) Hope you're better tomorrow.

  15. #44695
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    1) Bostondevil - just be yourself, that is all we will ever ask

    2) Probably because I had a case of shingles 5 or so years ago, this Shingrix vaccine is definitely having an impact. In fact, it may be worse than the actual case I had. Not looking forward to dose #2. Upside is that I'm likely to be 4-5 lbs. lighter by Monday/Tuesday. Fluid intake is good but zero hunger.

    3) Yeah, I got nothing else. 2 items just seemed to short for a list.
    Oh, geez. Good luck with 2!

  16. #44696
    I am truly a sports junkie. Watching la Vuelta in the morning and Para Olympics in the evenings/overnight.

    Wheelchair Rugby aka Murder Ball is quick and fun to watch. Goal Ball depends entirely on hearing and touch - the lines are strings under tape so the players can feel it.


    I haven't figured out all the various levels in the events but the training of the athletes and their support staff is amazing.

  17. #44697
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I am truly a sports junkie. Watching la Vuelta in the morning and Para Olympics in the evenings/overnight.

    Wheelchair Rugby aka Murder Ball is quick and fun to watch. Goal Ball depends entirely on hearing and touch - the lines are strings under tape so the players can feel it.


    I haven't figured out all the various levels in the events but the training of the athletes and their support staff is amazing.
    I am in Williamsburg, VA right now, staying in an Airbnb that doesn't have the tv channel that is showing la Vuelta. That's the only downside. Moved T-Bone into his dorm room today, mostly. He decided to spend one more night with us at the Airbnb, mostly so we could get in a family round of miniature golf. We are cut-throat when it comes to miniature golf around here. We played Pirate's Cove. We took no prisoners. (I did not have a good night. I intend to exact my revenge tomorrow.)

  18. #44698
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I am truly a sports junkie. Watching la Vuelta in the morning and Para Olympics in the evenings/overnight.

    Wheelchair Rugby aka Murder Ball is quick and fun to watch. Goal Ball depends entirely on hearing and touch - the lines are strings under tape so the players can feel it.


    I haven't figured out all the various levels in the events but the training of the athletes and their support staff is amazing.
    I really like how they show the position of the various groups on the Vuelta coverage — superior to the TdF.

    I miss the days when the Giro replays were on every night with Bobke.
    Birds arenít real. Do your own research!

  19. #44699
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I don't know that I want to give them the satisfaction of thinking that they got to me. Also, the language isn't exactly harassing. It's all couched in a "who me" veneer probably designed to give themselves some cover.

    I mean - did they get to me? I'm trying to decide. I think this person is trying to shut me up. I think this person is male. So, sadly, with this type of male, I actually do become, privately and to myself, exactly what he has accused me of, dismissive.

    I will say this publicly with the caveat that present company is excepted, but I have had to deal with men who cannot keep up with me intellectually all my life. I will treat them with respect until they start pulling the nonsense that some of them do when they also realize that they cannot keep up with me intellectually and their reaction is to try to bring me down. After that, I will endeavor, outwardly, to continue to treat them with respect, but inwardly, I ain't got time for them or their opinions which I dismiss out of hand.

    It has taken me most of my life to give up feeling guilty about the fact that there are men who cannot keep up with me intellectually. I did not marry one of those. None of my sons are in that category either. Thank goodness.
    I'm not sure which is more disappointing - the fact that this is happening to you on DBR, or the fact that you are so accustomed to it happening in your life.

    I have seen a massive wane in misogyny over the arc of my lifetime in many arenas, but posts like this remind me how much work is left to.

    These Neanderthals should be embarrassed.

  20. #44700
    Pretty much back to normal. I should say that my case of shingles struck me as mild from a pain perspective. The bigger concern was that it was on my face. Getting it diagnosed was the bigger issue I ran into. Urgent care was no help, the ER diagnosed in a couple minutes of seeing me.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •