Page 2233 of 3385 FirstFirst ... 123317332133218322232231223222332234223522432283233327333233 ... LastLast
Results 44,641 to 44,660 of 67684
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    For a second I thought Close Encounters, but that formation is more round I believe.
    598D5977-5D33-4C15-9AB4-9F07368CB6E8.jpg

Devils Tower is in Wyoming. And, it’s sideways.

(SonPK rocking the shades when he was about 8 or 9).
    Attached Images Attached Images

less humid air today. Humidity makes people cranky. Whatever happened to kids who'd wander by and offer to cut your lawn for five bucks? (yeah, they're in nursing homes).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    less humid air today. Humidity makes people cranky. Whatever happened to kids who'd wander by and offer to cut your lawn for five bucks? (yeah, they're in nursing homes).
    “Humidity built the snowman,
    sunshine brought him down.”

— John Prine

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    To be fair, they didn't tell me to stop being condescending and dismissive, they asked me to tone it down.
    Wow. Just WOW! I look forward to your responses to tone down the idiocy level on that thread. Yours and rsvman's.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    “Humidity built the snowman,
    sunshine brought him down.”

— John Prine
    Prine has been popping up on my Pandora recently. Always welcome. Died from COVID complications.

Yes it is a nasty world out there right now, so I will share some more pics. This is me, around 7 yo, in my Holly Hobbie nightgown and my Holly Hobbie's friend Amy doll. Found some more old slides at my mom's.

hhobbiexmas.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Yes it is a nasty world out there right now, so I will share some more pics. This is me, around 7 yo, in my Holly Hobbie nightgown and my Holly Hobbie's friend Amy doll. Found some more old slides at my mom's.

hhobbiexmas.jpg
    Cool Aimo!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I'm always angry.
    So, your real name is Bruce Banner?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Attachment 13543

Here's my positive for the day. Picture of Shiprock from my last mission trip there. Beautiful country and wonderful people. I think we had storms in the area every evening - it made for some beautiful sunsets.
    Lovely.

hhobbiexmas.jpg
    Adorable.

Closing Night Bouquet 2013 Annie.jpgClosing Night Bouquet 2014 Seussical.jpg

Family creativity to give as flowers to Niece Elizabeth after high school musicals. One was for Annie and one for Seussical. I bet you can determine which is which.

hhobbiexmas.jpg
    Hah hah, cute! I happen to know they still make that dress in size 6’4”!

Closing Night Bouquet 2013 Annie.jpgClosing Night Bouquet 2014 Seussical.jpg

Family creativity to give as flowers to Niece Elizabeth after high school musicals. One was for Annie and one for Seussical. I bet you can determine which is which.
    Are those edible? They kind of look edible.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hah hah, cute! I happen to know they still make that dress in size 6’4”!
    Do NOT pervert Holly Hobbie!

Do NOT pervert Holly Hobbie!
    I’m not perving Holly Hobbie; I look ADORABLE in that dress! All the people at the Home Depot tell me so.

I’m not perving Holly Hobbie; I look ADORABLE in that dress! All the people at the Home Depot tell me so.
    You do have the legs for it.

Are those edible? They kind of look edible.
    Yes. People came up to say how lovely the roses were - when you got close enough, you could definitely smell the vanilla. The Seussical bouquet is sugar cookies and marshmallow Horton's sitting on chocolate/noodle nests.

The Hortons ended up being more difficult than anticipated but I would not give up (sisters did) - I thought they turned out pretty good.

Yes. People came up to say how lovely the roses were - when you got close enough, you could definitely smell the vanilla. The Seussical bouquet is sugar cookies and marshmallow Horton's sitting on chocolate/noodle nests.

The Hortons ended up being more difficult than anticipated but I would not give up (sisters did) - I thought they turned out pretty good.
    Everyone needs and aunt like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Everyone needs and aunt like you.
    The best part about both "bouquets" is that everyone in the family had a hand in making it happen - from selecting the paper to wrap the box, frosting the cookies, helping make the leaves for the roses. My sisters selected what we were doing and I ended up making some of the execution happen (frosted the roses, made the Hortons, directed/helped frosting the cookies). We sometimes over-estimate our abilities.

Yes, I'm also the one that went over at midnight to take my cake decorating bags/tips and stayed for a couple of hours to help frost the two Power Ranger birthday cakes. It does say sucker on my forehead.

*cue inner Cookie Monster