Page 2232 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 123217322132218222222230223122322233223422422282233227323232 ... LastLast
Results 44,621 to 44,640 of 67749
    I recall being offered an amuse bouche of placenta back in our counterculture days, somehow I passed on it, went for the beer and cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I try to be a good guest. When offered in someone else’s home, I almost always say “yes”. In this case though, I just couldn’t overlook the host’s bad hired waiters - really offered poor cervix.
    I am speechless.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    The thing that would make me angrier than anything in deliveries was when the when the mom was trying to not use pharmaceutical interventions and she was in obvious distress but the husband would talk down to her about how important it was to stick to the birth plan. I wanted to channel my inner Aimo and take home boy out into the hallway and see how he dealt with pain. I support people doing what they want to do but it ain't none of your damn business if she needs help.
    I informed my husband beforehand that any and all decisions about how to get the babies out were 100% up to me and if he had a problem with that, tough. Luckily, he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I informed my husband beforehand that any and all decisions about how to get the babies out were 100% up to me and if he had a problem with that, tough. Luckily, he didn't.
    Correct. And the decisions about how and when they got there should have been yours as well.

My wife is a little irked that on hour 4 they brought her a popsicle and I ate most of it. In my defense, she said she didn’t want anymore but I guess I wasn’t supposed to enjoy it so much? I don’t know.

For our first, I climbed up onto the hospital bed and lay down next to my wife in the early stages of her labor...and fell asleep. She said she found that comforting, so I guess I lucked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    For our first, I climbed up onto the hospital bed and lay down next to my wife in the early stages of her labor...and fell asleep. She said she found that comforting, so I guess I lucked out.
    I had a conversation about New Mexico with our first nurse while my wife fell asleep in between push sessions. Lot of standing around and small talk in the early stages. They don’t tell you that.

Ugly day in the world, good to share positive memories.

Yes. Nasty day.

Shiprock 072318.jpg

Here's my positive for the day. Picture of Shiprock from my last mission trip there. Beautiful country and wonderful people. I think we had storms in the area every evening - it made for some beautiful sunsets.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Shiprock 072318.jpg

Here's my positive for the day. Picture of Shiprock from my last mission trip there. Beautiful country and wonderful people. I think we had storms in the area every evening - it made for some beautiful sunsets.
    Beautiful picture.

Shiprock 072318.jpg

Lovely. I've been by Shiprock many a time on my way in and out of ABQ (where I have family). A friend from Duke also did a rotational primary care internship on the Navajo reservation and she and her husband lived in Shiprock for the duration.

Ugh. Yeah, some bad stuff happened today. We can't talk politics, so, I'm not, but I will comment that I am not impressed with how it's being handled. Hope that isn't too PBB.

Also, I let my temper get away from me a little bit in the plague thread. I'm sure many of you noticed. Then I got in the car and drove from the DC area to Williamsburg. I have no desire to tangle with the instigator anymore, so, to prevent me from going over there and starting it all over, give me the tl;dr summary. I am a bit surprised I didn't get an infraction. Maybe one is coming.

And I've given myself another vacation from the plague thread.

Also - did anyone else get a PM telling them to stop being condescending and dismissive?

Ugh. Yeah, some bad stuff happened today. We can't talk politics, so, I'm not, but I will comment that I am not impressed with how it's being handled. Hope that isn't too PBB.

Also, I let my temper get away from me a little bit in the plague thread. I'm sure many of you noticed. Then I got in the car and drove from the DC area to Williamsburg. I have no desire to tangle with the instigator anymore, so, to prevent me from going over there and starting it all over, give me the tl;dr summary. I am a bit surprised I didn't get an infraction. Maybe one is coming.

And I've given myself another vacation from the plague thread.

Also - did anyone else get a PM telling them to stop being condescending and dismissive?
    No. And I'm the worst at being condescending and dismissive.

No. And I'm the worst at being condescending and dismissive.
    To be fair, they didn't tell me to stop being condescending and dismissive, they asked me to tone it down.

To be fair, they didn't tell me to stop being condescending and dismissive, they asked me to tone it down.
    I see you as a voice of reason on that thread. There are other voices which are tolerated for reasons I don't quite understand. I find their posts as fascinating windows into a pathology I find completely confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I see you as a voice of reason on that thread. There are other voices which are tolerated for reasons I don't quite understand. I find their posts as fascinating windows into a pathology I find completely confounding.
    I did get mad today.

I did get mad today.
    Eh. I'm always a touch angry.

Beautiful picture.
    Thank you. I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Shiprock 072318.jpg

For a second I thought Close Encounters, but that formation is more round I believe.