Page 2224 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 122417242124217422142222222322242225222622342274232427243224 ... LastLast
Results 44,461 to 44,480 of 67668
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I know it's not normal protocol, but I've had several doctor friends tell me that well stored pills retain their effectiveness...I don't make it a regular habit by any means, but I've gone to the pill bullpen several times and it's worked for me.
    Me too. But not for antibiotics. They are one of the few classes of drugs that I will not use past their sell by date.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Knock ‘em dead!

Personally, I would not have the stomach for it.
    Turns out my comedy is too high brow. A joke’s not funny if you have to exspleen it.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Turns out my comedy is too high brow. A joke’s not funny if you have to exspleen it.
    “When he ribs you, he really ribs you!”

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Me too. But not for antibiotics. They are one of the few classes of drugs that I will not use past their sell by date.
    that's fine, I hear you, but I've given you another data point. Be advised had they not worked quickly (and they did) I'd have slithered down to the doc's office...

Freshman year dorm, Navy ROTC I think.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    that's fine, I hear you, but I've given you another data point. Be advised had they not worked quickly (and they did) I'd have slithered down to the doc's office...
    I approve this message.

Treasure of the Sierra Madre or Blazing Saddles?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I have only seen Blazing Saddles.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post

They are connected by a line. Didn't realize this until many years later.

off to the autobody shop because I did something impressively stupid on Saturday.

off to the autobody shop because I did something impressively stupid on Saturday.
    Self-inflicted wound?

They are connected by a line. Didn't realize this until many years later.
    I went through a phase of renting old classics. I did pick up on this line when watching TotSM. I was not impressed. Some of these oldies are hard to get through.

I have to argue for the rectangle-cut sandwich . Triangle is too much crust. You get more sammich with a rectangle. When I was little, I wouldn't eat a triangle. I will eat it now, if served, but my nose is turned up as I do. Actually, my nose is turned up anyway, so . . .

You parked your car under a tree in a tropical storm?

I did that once. Unfortunately it missed.

-jk

We balance each other out, then, because (to my shame) I have never seen Blazing Saddles. Well, not all of it. It's practically impossible to avoid parts.

You really should see the Treasure of the Sierra Madre, though, if you haven't. Unlike aimo, I love it. It's racist and exploitative as heck, like many movies from that era were, but it's a great story and an outstanding piece of acting from Bogie. A true classic, IMO. But if you don't like '40s-era movies in general, you probably won't like this one. It is solidly a product of its time.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    You parked your car under a tree in a tropical storm?

I did that once. Unfortunately it missed.

-jk
    Sporks!

put some stuff in the back of the SUV on Saturday, then backed out of the garage...someone forgot to close the tailgate first. Early indications are pointing towards me. Autobody guy told me that was only a middling offense when it comes to self inflicted stupidity.

put some stuff in the back of the SUV on Saturday, then backed out of the garage...someone forgot to close the tailgate first. Early indications are pointing towards me. Autobody guy told me that was only a middling offense when it comes to self inflicted stupidity.
    No damage to the garage door?

I once bought a pick axe at Home Depot and accidentally put it in the trunk in such a way that the metal point was juuussssttt in between the back edge of the open trunk and my back window. When I shut the trunk, it forced the point against the glass and my entire and I mean entire back window spider-webbed. On the drive home we kept hearing little pieces of glass fall each time we hit a bump in the road. I kept waiting for the entire thing to collapse like the wall in GoT when the ice dragon finishes with it. It waited until we got home and shut our doors. Then it shattered inward.

Felt pretty dumb. Still do but mostly about other things now.

One time I broke the glass lid to a crock pot into a zillion pieces, straight into the garbage disposal. Many horrific visions of exactly how to extract it ensued before I borrowed the much-needed services of a Shop Vac.

Related: Crock Pots are vastly overrated.