Page 2212 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 121217122112216222022210221122122213221422222262231227123212 ... LastLast
Results 44,221 to 44,240 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Also a San Diego weatherman. Man of many talents.
    Not to mention a 4 star general...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Happened to me about 10 years ago, I coughed and was in immediate pain. I found the UnderArmour compression shirts to be the most helpful in relieving the pain. About 4 months later I got a hernia by standing up. It was a weird time physically for me in my late 30s.
    I got a hernia trying to bench press 300 lbs when I weighed 160 in my 20s. I got to 275 and then had hernia surgery. It suuuuuuucked. Sneezing is excruciating right now. I tried to power through the push-up routine Tuesday and had to stop. Going to take a week off.

Not to mention a 4 star general...
    Pfft. 4 stars in nothing, give me a 7 star general and I’ll show you a man or woman who could take New Zealand on their own.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Paddies had a sweat test done yesterday. His results were in the intermediate range so we're moving forward with the notion that he's a carrier for CF. He will be going to a CF clinic once he moves to Maryland. Although, as the doctor in Vermont put it, if you have one gene and you're experiencing symptoms, you're not just a carrier, you have CF. So that makes two sons with CF. I'm getting sweat tests done on the other two as soon as I can arrange it.

Paddies doesn't have a problem with his lungs that are CF related, he has GI symptoms and that's probably why he is so skinny (5' 11" 110 pounds). The Drewsk has lung symptoms although he is managing quite well. He had multiple pneumonias as a teen-ager. He is someone who often needs to take antibiotics for a cold because if he doesn't, it can develop into pneumonia. He has been, quietly, extra careful about covid. He hasn't bothered to find a new pulmonologist since he graduated but he is a very good mask wearer/social distancer. He got a vaccine as soon as he could too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Paddies had a sweat test done yesterday. His results were in the intermediate range so we're moving forward with the notion that he's a carrier for CF. He will be going to a CF clinic once he moves to Maryland. Although, as the doctor in Vermont put it, if you have one gene and you're experiencing symptoms, you're not just a carrier, you have CF. So that makes two sons with CF. I'm getting sweat tests done on the other two as soon as I can arrange it.

Paddies doesn't have a problem with his lungs that are CF related, he has GI symptoms and that's probably why he is so skinny (5' 11" 110 pounds). The Drewsk has lung symptoms although he is managing quite well. He had multiple pneumonias as a teen-ager. He is someone who often needs to take antibiotics for a cold because if he doesn't, it can develop into pneumonia. He has been, quietly, extra careful about covid. He hasn't bothered to find a new pulmonologist since he graduated but he is a very good mask wearer/social distancer. He got a vaccine as soon as he could too.
    Gracious, I’m sorry to hear that. All my best to your family. I’m assuming you have CF somewhere in the family line?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

I didn't know this. I worked the CF clinic early in my career. One of my favorite groups to care for as a matter of fact.

The nesting projects are complete. Thank goodness.

The nesting projects are complete. Thank goodness.
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Congratulations!
    Hah, thank you! 9 days from induction unless she goes earlier so not a moment too soon!

Hah, thank you! 9 days from induction unless she goes earlier so not a moment too soon!
    I'm not on Facebook so where will we be able to catch the live stream of the delivery? That feed you shared of the conception was interesting if a touch underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I'm not on Facebook so where will we be able to catch the live stream of the delivery? That feed you shared of the conception was interesting if a touch underwhelming.
    In my defense, anyone would be sluggish after that much guacamole.

In my defense, anyone would be sluggish after that much guacamole.
    It's a fair point. I thought you mailed it in, but I'm a harsh grader.

Male-ing it in is the most common way, methinks?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Male-ing it in is the most common way, methinks?
    I have conferred with the judges and we will allow this. Good work!

Summer Girls by LFO. Whoa, What’s up blast from the past?!

So I am exceedingly frustrated with the direction of the plague thread over the last couple of weeks or so. I think there is one person on there who believes he is offering a reasoned critique of medical orthodoxy, when he is really just cherry-picking data points that reinforce his feelings. Well I don't have a ton of time or patience for feelings in that thread. There were about three people on there who had unbelievable insight that I found to be amazingly useful and informative. And this person has derailed that. I don't think it's malicious. But I think that is what happened. And I'm saying it here so I don't say it there. Forgive me.

Summer Girls by LFO. Whoa, What’s up blast from the past?!

Umm, he didn't like Americanized Chinese food...

Umm, he didn't like Americanized Chinese food...
    He’s kind of a snob. Only likes those Abercrombie girls.

I bought 800 pounds of salt today.

I bought 800 pounds of salt today.
    For 1600 pounds of margaritas