Page 2197 of 2396 FirstFirst ... 1197169720972147218721952196219721982199220722472297 ... LastLast
Results 43,921 to 43,940 of 47910
  1. #43921
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Snippers
    Tillamook +

  2. #43922
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I did 9,000 push-ups today!
    Okay, CD. I think we all know you can do a lot of push-ups but I'm calling shenanigans on that claim.

  3. #43923
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Tillamook +
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  4. #43924
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I don’t want to find a hair in my ice cream, thanks, let alone an entire hair band!

  5. #43925
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Okay, CD. I think we all know you can do a lot of push-ups but I'm calling shenanigans on that claim.
    What?!?! I didn't post that! I did 5 hunnert. Just like every other day.

  6. #43926
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    What?!?! I didn't post that! I did 5 hunnert. Just like every other day.
    Don't you get bored? I do 120-150 a day and even that is boring.

  7. #43927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Don't you get bored? I do 120-150 a day and even that is boring.
    I mean, he says he did 9,000 so he must really like them.

  8. #43928
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Don't you get bored? I do 120-150 a day and even that is boring.
    No. I did do a personal best 150 in 1 set today. 500. Wash, rinse, repeat.

  9. #43929
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I don’t want to find a hair in my ice cream, thanks, let alone an entire hair band!
    I always had VH pegged as pre-hair band. Are they maybe proto-hair band? But everyone in the late seventies and early eighties had long hair. I figure “hair band” is more Like Ratt or Poison or Cinderella in the 90’s.

    But who knows.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  10. #43930
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I always had VH pegged as pre-hair band. Are they maybe proto-hair band? But everyone in the late seventies and early eighties had long hair. I figure “hair band” is more Like Ratt or Poison or Cinderella in the 90’s.

    But who knows.
    Oh, good question. I’ve always though of VH as o be of the original hair bands.

    I don’t see VH listed in this Top 50 hair metal albums by Rolling Stone so maybe you’re right!


    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/50-greatest-hair-metal-albums-of-all-time-162362/black-n-blue-black-n-blue-1984-159404/

  11. #43931
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Oh, good question. I’ve always though of VH as o be of the original hair bands.

    I don’t see VH listed in this Top 50 hair metal albums by Rolling Stone so maybe you’re right!

    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...l-time-162362/
    David Lee Roth's solo effort is there. As the owner of about a dozen albums on that list, VH likely escapes it because they had too much of their good stuff pre-81. Though 1984 was likely their Top 40/mainstream peak, none of the other bands can claim much of/ if any real success pre-'81. They appear to have time bound that list strictly to '81-'91.

    And yes, I'm avoiding the Van Hagar debate.

  12. #43932
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    David Lee Roth's solo effort is there. As the owner of about a dozen albums on that list, VH likely escapes it because they had too much of their good stuff pre-81. Though 1984 was likely their Top 40/mainstream peak, none of the other bands can claim much of/ if any real success pre-'81. They appear to have time bound that list strictly to '81-'91.

    And yes, I'm avoiding the Van Hagar debate.
    Okay, I may own more than a dozen on that list. And I'm curious how GN'R escapes this list given the timing.

    Also, it should be noted, I bagged Alice Cooper's groceries on a couple occasions when I worked at the then Smitty's at Tatum and Shea just on the outskirts of Paradise Valley, AZ. It was the Scottsdale of its era.

  13. #43933
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC

    Back to the ice cream . . .

    I highly recommend the Tillamook ice cream sammiches. The mint chocolate and the mudslide ones. They are small, but they come four in a box, so . . .

  14. #43934
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Okay, I may own more than a dozen on that list. And I'm curious how GN'R escapes this list given the timing.

    Also, it should be noted, I bagged Alice Cooper's groceries on a couple occasions when I worked at the then Smitty's at Tatum and Shea just on the outskirts of Paradise Valley, AZ. It was the Scottsdale of its era.
    Ignoring all else: what were in Alice cooper’s groceries?!?!

  15. #43935
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    David Lee Roth's solo effort is there. As the owner of about a dozen albums on that list, VH likely escapes it because they had too much of their good stuff pre-81. Though 1984 was likely their Top 40/mainstream peak, none of the other bands can claim much of/ if any real success pre-'81. They appear to have time bound that list strictly to '81-'91.

    And yes, I'm avoiding the Van Hagar debate.
    This is one of my favorite topics and one of my least popular opinions. Hair band music sucked. Not invariably. But hair band music was vacuous, soulless and only succeeded in being loud. It was bubble gum pop with a guitar riff. And yes I have on my Ken Tucker hat this morning why do you ask?

  16. #43936
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    This is one of my favorite topics and one of my least popular opinions. Hair band music sucked. Not invariably. But hair band music was vacuous, soulless and only succeeded in being loud. It was bubble gum pop with a guitar riff. And yes I have on my Ken Tucker hat this morning why do you ask?
    You think Twisted Sister was soulless?!?!?

  17. #43937
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    You think Twisted Sister was soulless?!?!?
    I have developed a taste for Motley Crue over time. There was a point in my life where I felt that Poison was kind of fun. And I would argue that Hysteria by Def Leppard was a legitimately great album. Otherwise I would suggest that Guns and Roses and Metallica sounded the death knell for hair bands because they offered all of the heavy guitar riffs with actual composition. Those two bands laid bare the emptiness of hair band music. That being said, we know that I'm afraid of you and if I need to include Twisted Sister in the above I will do so at your request.

  18. #43938
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I have developed a taste for Motley Crue over time. There was a point in my life where I felt that Poison was kind of fun. And I would argue that Hysteria by Def Leppard was a legitimately great album. Otherwise I would suggest that Guns and Roses and Metallica sounded the death knell for hair bands because they offered all of the heavy guitar riffs with actual composition. Those two bands laid bare the emptiness of hair band music. That being said, we know that I'm afraid of you and if I need to include Twisted Sister in the above I will do so at your request.
    Well done!

  19. #43939
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Well done!
    I would like to borrow the pink gloves, not experience them.

  20. #43940
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I would like to borrow the pink gloves, not experience them.
    everlast.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •