Page 2194 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 119416942094214421842192219321942195219622042244229426943194 ... LastLast
Results 43,861 to 43,880 of 67390
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I seem to have missed this entire thing and now I’m curious but reticent to pick scabs.
    I knew they all left to start Deeber. I knew that there was some "scoreboard watching" (posts counts) between the threads. I know that I occasionally made comments on the order of "how can there be so much to say about beer?". Beyond that, I really have no idea. OPK knows what went down, but he doesn't want to pick scabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I knew they all left to start Deeber. I knew that there was some "scoreboard watching" (posts counts) between the threads. I know that I occasionally made comments on the order of "how can there be so much to say about beer?". Beyond that, I really have no idea. OPK knows what went down, but he doesn't want to pick scabs.
    But like, why would anyone leave the forum wholesale because the one thread is longer than the other one? That seems awfully childish.

Last day of nice weather. Going to get warm again this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Last day of nice weather. Going to get warm again this weekend.
    My birthday party is this weekend.

My birthday party is this weekend.
    Pillaging a neighboring country to celebrate?

Pillaging a neighboring country to celebrate?
    Waterborne assault...float trip down the river.

just mowed the lawn, conditions were a tad sticky, but the task is completed. Self pat on back.

Waterborne assault...float trip down the river.
    Nice. The Hooch or are you still road tripping?

Nice. The Hooch or are you still road tripping?
    Hooch. We got home early last week. Did some nice floating & paddling out on the road too, though.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    But like, why would anyone leave the forum wholesale because the one thread is longer than the other one? That seems awfully childish.
    I blame the pandemic.

Hooch. We got home early last week. Did some nice floating & paddling out on the road too, though.
    Fun. When we lived in Atlanta it wasn’t far from a few put in spots around Roswell so we did many a float trip. Always surprised how cold it is but someone explained one of the upriver dams releases water from the bottom so everything downstream is pretty cold.

Fun. When we lived in Atlanta it wasn’t far from a few put in spots around Roswell so we did many a float trip. Always surprised how cold it is but someone explained one of the upriver dams releases water from the bottom so everything downstream is pretty cold.
    We try to hit it at least a couple of times a year. That chilly water feels so good on a steamy Atlanta summer day.
    Although these days, my preferred remedy to Atlanta's summer heat is to just leave for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I was at the "Sorry Uncle Terry game" following the avuncular letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Me, too! I think we got there early just to make sure we didn't miss the response. The 80s were the best student crowds. Just sayin'!

WE'RE SO GOOD, WE'RE SCAAARRRYYYYY!!!!!
    I was also at that game. Which I tend to remember as "The We Beg to Differ" Game - reflecting our cleaned up our language when admonishing the refs. I also recall a "Welcome Esteemed Guests" posters and similar.

Was with a small contingent from GA; we were cleaned up in coat/tie and wearing haloes fashioned from coat hangers and foil. Our better angels...

anyone remember the mid eighties UVA game featuring Green Jacket? The days of marvelous spontaneity.

Well, the Fallout from my work fight last week has begun.

Ooh! Do dish!

-jk

Any chance these folks haven't met you in person? You could just change your company photo to Wilson's scary viking portrait. Might help alleviate the fallout.

did they go all whiney pants to your boss?

The underlings went to my boss and told him that since I had such an important new job that I should not be in charge of training my replacement and that they should do it. I disagreed, but I was not going to extend myself to fight that battle knowing the many battles that lie ahead. A huge customer with whom I have a great relationship had reached out specifically for me to come give a lecture. Over the weekend my former colleagues cut me out of the email chain and set up that visit on their own. Now mind you I am close personal friends with these customers and went to dinner with them last night where I learned of this. I am going to let this play out because they have absolutely no background with this customer and they are going to screw this up. Then we will have a chat about how we move forward. I look forward to this chat. Wilson's picture seems a little too aggressive but I may get some pink boxing gloves.

The troll living under her bridge of lies demanded a tax?