Page 2192 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 119216922092214221822190219121922193219422022242229226923192 ... LastLast
Results 43,821 to 43,840 of 67381
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but anyone here familiar with the Michael Peterson case? His first wife, Patricia, mother of Clayton and Todd, died early last month. She was living in an apartment in Durham . . . with Michael Peterson.

"Patty Peterson was in generally good health, but started feeling poorly late Wednesday night, Clayton Peterson said.

Michael Peterson called their son Todd Peterson, who lives nearby, who came over and called 911, Clayton said.

Patty Peterson died at the hospital Thursday night surrounded by her ex-husband and their sons, Clayton said."

Anyone else think maybe, given his track record, that an investigation might be in order?
    I thought he was in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I thought he was in jail.
    Alford plea b/c of that idiot lab guy Duane Deaver in Greensboro. He's been out a few years now.

Alford plea b/c of that idiot lab guy Duane Deaver in Greensboro. He's been out a few years now.
    I forgot about that detail! Damn. Gotta go read about it.

The murder and trial happened while I was at Duke. Caused quite a stir around campus.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I haven't met wilson, but I'd like to.
    I have met wilson. 4 stars, highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Am I misremembering or wasn't that on the t-shirt we got that called us Cameron Crazies, circa 1986?

Is Deeber worth joining? I thought that was a joke.
    It was on a t-shirt. It did not start getting us called Cameron Crazies. We owe that moniker to Dick Vitale and it didn't pick up steam until after I graduated (Class of '85). The majoring in smart something comment was by a columnist at the Washington Post after the (in)famous Herman Veal game in 1984.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    It was on a t-shirt. It did not start getting us called Cameron Crazies. We owe that moniker to Dick Vitale and it didn't pick up steam until after I graduated (Class of '85). The majoring in smart something comment was by a columnist at the Washington Post after the (in)famous Herman Veal game in 1984.
    And defending him would NEVER happen today.

I was at that game, too. A bit young to grasp what was happening, but I remember all the hooplah afterwards and the lecture from Uncle Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I might be making this up but I swear that DinK or BostonDevil said it involved lawnmowers.
    It was a friendly rivalry, as far as I was concerned, until one time I checked to see what they were talking about (beer is boring, yeah, I said it) and they were ragging on our choice of topic, which at the time, was lawnmowers. After that, I realized there was much more of a competition involved. If they were reading what we were saying, borrowing the topics, and yet decidedly not posting here, I realized there was an actual competition going on.

And defending him would NEVER happen today.
    I do not share your optimism.

Me, too! I think we got there early just to make sure we didn't miss the response. The 80s were the best student crowds. Just sayin'!

WE'RE SO GOOD, WE'RE SCAAARRRYYYYY!!!!!
    That game started the "We Beg To Differ" chant. Many students dressed as angels. The '80s were the best. (And Bill Werber served the beer.)

Actually, the 70s crowds were pretty awesome, too, only I was too small to remember them as well.
    They were indeed. I went to a few. Green Shorts!

The 80s were the best student crowds. Just sayin'!
    I think K had a strong influence on crowd behavior as time has gone on. And being part of the early '90s crowds, I always claim to have been primarily interested in the banners.

Green Shorts!
    Ha Ha!

I do not share your optimism.
    As soon as I posted that I regretted it.

Also beer is not boring, but not everyone loves it. I think they were just tweaking us to see if we were paying attention to them with the lawnmower thing. I found that to be kind of funny. Whoever it was who posted on this thread on their way out made some comment about us making public threats that the Moderators should have popped us over? I didn't understand and still don't. Maybe they saw that Wilson picture (it IS scary) and Aimo threatening to pop me? You guys have been around me long enough to know that no jury in the country would convict Aimo for hitting me. Hell, I think I deserve it.

As soon as I posted that I regretted it.

Also beer is not boring, but not everyone loves it. I think they were just tweaking us to see if we were paying attention to them with the lawnmower thing. I found that to be kind of funny. Whoever it was who posted on this thread on their way out made some comment about us making public threats that the Moderators should have popped us over? I didn't understand and still don't. Maybe they saw that Wilson picture (it IS scary) and Aimo threatening to pop me? You guys have been around me long enough to know that no jury in the country would convict Aimo for hitting me. Hell, I think I deserve it.
    I was active in both threads and still don't have any idea about the lawnmower incident.
    The only drama I'm aware of is mattman91 burning all the local bridges on his way out of town in the Presidential Election Thread. Which was positively mesmerizing.

I was active in both threads and still don't have any idea about the lawnmower incident.
    The only drama I'm aware of is mattman91 burning all the local bridges on his way out of town in the Presidential Election Thread. Which was positively mesmerizing.
    And I have seen him recently. But that was pretty nuts.

And I have seen him recently. But that was pretty nuts.
    Not here you haven't. We actually got together several times IRL. Good guy, no doubt. But he rather forced the hands of the mods, IMHO.

Not here you haven't. We actually got together several times IRL. Good guy, no doubt. But he rather forced the hands of the mods, IMHO.
    Ha! Correct.

Ain't the internet the cat's meow?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-a30cf8817232/

Fame Hits Us From Behind -- That Devil!
    By Ken Denlinger
    February 12, 1985

The Dukies tore into him with shockingly poor taste, I thought. They cluttered the court with women's undergarments and chanted filth at him on the foul line.

I thought their little-Devil bottoms ought to have been paddled, and was angry that no administrator rushed to the courtside microphone to call for mercy.

I said they were "majoring in smartass."

They hated the column, but thought the description apt.

An enterprising senior, Jon Blank, designed a T-shirt with a sly-looking Devil holding a pitchfork in one hand and twirling a basketball.

"Cameron Chaos" is lettered on the Devil's horns; "Duke's Sixth Man" is below his tail.

On the back is "Majoring in smartass," my name and the date of the column.
    I loved that t-shirt. Wish I still had it.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016