Page 2191 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 119116912091214121812189219021912192219322012241229126913191 ... LastLast
Results 43,801 to 43,820 of 67649
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I'm glad you guys found a way to compromise by doing exactly what she thinks you should be doing. Good work.
    Thank you. I feel like now I know what it must feel like to play an exhibition game in Cameron and get absolutely steamrolled.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Thank you. I feel like now I know what it must feel like to play an exhibition game in Cameron and get absolutely steamrolled.
    Excellent comparison.

Are you saying you were knocked back by your wife?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

My wife is due in a few weeks and before that our pool project and electrical work is supposed to get done, we're having a new fridge delivered and installed, my wife wants to rearrange the basement work space, we're supposed to have a cabinet taken down and a new one put up...

...I keep asking her WHY do we have to do all this on the precipice of having a baby. She simply says, "This is the way."
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    It's called NESTING.
    That, and the reality that you won't be able to do any of that for the next 18 years
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I haven't met wilson, but I'd like to.
    Thanks for that compliment...the feeling is very much mutual. One of these days I'll run up to Asheville for the weekend and drink beer in the mountains.

I mostly agree. Just in public with lots of people around. He shows up in that outfit and I'm outta there.
    Haha, never any telling what I'm gonna wear. It will likely come as no surprise that I have an, erm, boisterous sense of style.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I met some at the Alabama game tailgate. Met others before that when TillyGalore, CathyCA, DukePA, and I went to the beach - first time I met them. Have talked with Lavabe, Wilson,
    and ArkieDukie on the phone. Lots of you are just my imaginary friends but I would like to meet you.
    I hung out with that crew at a football tailgate back in 2009. We played Maryland, and it rained the entire time. We won...it was quite refreshing after so many years of Duke football not winning.
    Because I was a graduate student and exceedingly poor at the time, I crashed on Tilly's couch that weekend. Sat with Ozzie at the game. devildeac et al were also there; I can't remember the full roster. At any rate, it was quite fun.
    And as I've mentioned before, Bostondevil bought me dinner in Charleston in 2009 when I was still a graduate student and still exceedingly poor.
    Lastly, I've gotten together with Lavabe quite a few times. He used to live in Atlanta and work at Emory while I was also there, and he still passes through from time to time.

I was at the "Sorry Uncle Terry game" following the avuncular letter.
    Me, too! I think we got there early just to make sure we didn't miss the response. The 80s were the best student crowds. Just sayin'!

WE'RE SO GOOD, WE'RE SCAAARRRYYYYY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Haha, never any telling what I'm gonna wear. It will likely come as no surprise that I have an, erm, boisterous sense of style.
    I'll meet you and Mtn in Asheville then. I like an adventure.

Me, too! I think we got there early just to make sure we didn't miss the response. The 80s were the best student crowds. Just sayin'!

I definitely won't dispute that!
    Rich

I will always remember that stuff. In-Hale, Ex-Hale. The Chris Washburn game, the David Rivers game. The Double Standard game. Senior nights in 86 and 88 vs UNC. Final 4s. Amazing.

I'll meet you and Mtn in Asheville then. I like an adventure.
    I'm game. I can even point out 6-12 good places for a beer.

Yes you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I definitely won't dispute that!
    Actually, the 70s crowds were pretty awesome, too, only I was too small to remember them as well.

I miss the tennis balls.

I miss the tennis balls.
    Me too!

Just 6-12?

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Just 6-12?
    Gotta keep my favorites close to the vest.

Gotta keep my favorites close to the vest.
    We have to earn our way in. I respect that.

I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but anyone here familiar with the Michael Peterson case? His first wife, Patricia, mother of Clayton and Todd, died early last month. She was living in an apartment in Durham . . . with Michael Peterson.

"Patty Peterson was in generally good health, but started feeling poorly late Wednesday night, Clayton Peterson said.

Michael Peterson called their son Todd Peterson, who lives nearby, who came over and called 911, Clayton said.

Patty Peterson died at the hospital Thursday night surrounded by her ex-husband and their sons, Clayton said."

Anyone else think maybe, given his track record, that an investigation might be in order?