Page 2189 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 118916892089213921792187218821892190219121992239228926893189 ... LastLast
Results 43,761 to 43,780 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I don't think this is mean. I just think no one on here majored in basketball in college.
    Someone clearly majored in 'sick burns' though.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    (I rarely post on the main board these days — been a few years, actually — way too much negativity and certitude for a peacenik novice like me)
    He says as he immediately posts on the ACC Defections thread

(just busting chops, I saw your clarification here a few minutes later. Hope all is well my friend)
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    He says as he immediately posts on the ACC Defections thread

(just busting chops, I saw your clarification here a few minutes later. Hope all is well my friend)
    It is, and hope the same is true with you my friend.

I ain’t no smarter — but I am older. So that’s something I guess! “Survive and advance”

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I’ve never read anything on DBR that dripped with quite so much condescension…
    Don't you mean condensation?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    For what it is worth, I identify as a wanker.
    Spork worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    From the long lost column:

TillyGalore, ArkieDukie, Sue71,esq., DukePA, IowaDevil
    Yes, I didn't want to confuse Rich. Tilly, Arkie, and Sue are all FB friends now, but they don't post here anymore.

Someone clearly majored in 'sick burns' though.
    I am a member of the generation that majored in smart (word you can't say here, rhymes with class).

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yes, I didn't want to confuse Rich. Tilly, Arkie, and Sue are all FB friends now, but they don't post here anymore.
    Arkie, lawgrad91, and sometimes Sue post on CrazieTalk.

DevilInBlueDress, last I saw, was seen on Deeber. Same with BeerGoddess, AmusedCupcake, and LoveNinja.

Sadly, I have not seen any of these fine women over here in quite a while.

(There are few posters that know more about Duke football history than DiBD btw, and she had a great tailgate back in the somewhat recent day too. The hostess with the mostest. Saw her at the last home game I attended, always great to see her).

Arkie, lawgrad91, and sometimes Sue post on CrazieTalk.

DevilInBlueDress, last I saw, was seen on Deeber. Same with BeerGoddess, AmusedCupcake, and LoveNinja.

Sadly, I have not seen any of these fine women over here in quite a while.

(There are few posters that know more about Duke football history than DiBD btw, and she had a great tailgate back in the somewhat recent day too. The hostess with the mostest. Saw her at the last home game I attended, always great to see her).
    DiBD is of my mother's generation and they both were schoolteachers at the same elementary school for many years.

I am a member of the generation that majored in smart (word you can't say here, rhymes with class).
    Bass?

DiBD is of my mother's generation and they both were schoolteachers at the same elementary school for many years.
    Very cool.

I see DiBD on FaceBook more than on these sites, which is a loss for the football community here particularly. She knows her football and her Duke history.

Very cool.

I see DiBD on FaceBook more than on these sites, which is a loss for the football community here particularly. She knows her football and her Duke history.
    How many of you all were in the same class or have met? Not sure I realized so many of you knew each other IRL.

A group of perhaps 20 DBR folks met up at a Duke football (yes) tailgate in 1995 and we've stayed in touch ever since...with a few defections and additions of course. I remember Julio presiding with his gimmicky new 1MB digital camera.

I wonder if she was one of my teachers, too . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    So what you're saying is that you'd like him to be more like his thesis...on time?

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone else ever wonder about the gender of people who post on DBR? Bostondevil is pretty much the only person I know is a female based on posts like this one, although I suppose from this post alone the author could be a man with a husband, but I digress. I know some of the other posters either personally or through DM so I know they're males, and some seem obvious by their names (like mine), but I pretty much work under the assumption everyone else is a male. I hope I'm wrong and there are women who post here other than Bostondevil, but if there are then I for one haven't been able to figure it out.
    I have hot pink boxing gloves that Cdevil wants me to use on him. Does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    One time I got stuck next to my brother's annoying nephew, who was around 6 at the time, at a family dinner. He said to me several times in close succession, "You're a girl, because you have long hair."
    After about the third time, I leaned in and used my quiet, seething teacher voice to tell him, "If you say that again, I'm gonna put you through that window."
    He did not say that again.
    Attachment 13441
    See, you are a teacher. You know how to talk to children.

How many of you all were in the same class or have met? Not sure I realized so many of you knew each other IRL.
    I haven't met wilson, but I'd like to.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    A group of perhaps 20 DBR folks met up at a Duke football (yes) tailgate in 1995 and we've stayed in touch ever since...with a few defections and additions of course. I remember Julio presiding with his gimmicky new 1MB digital camera.
    Oh, wow. 1995 - that is the early early days of the board.

Tripping William and I know each other through work, not from Duke. We were there at different times and he was in a grad program and I was an undergrad.

OPK and I have never met, but we figured out we were undergrads at the same time so we have a special bond.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I have hot pink boxing gloves that Cdevil wants me to use on him. Does that help?
    I almost posted that!!!! Still can't spork you.