Page 2180 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 118016802080213021702178217921802181218221902230228026803180 ... LastLast
Results 43,581 to 43,600 of 67660
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    And throw in a few "honeys" and "sweethearts." I find Type A businesswomen like that these days.
    And use your thick Mt Airy accent!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yes!
    Hey! Settle down!

Sorry, I'm with them. You didn't deserve it. No offense.
    This killed me for some reason. Strong work! Sporks!

I was firm, but reasonable. I was also aware that this is a precedent setting email. We are establishing a baseline here. I didn't over-explain, I merely countered her assertions. I don't owe an explanation for my rationale. I get to define that. What she deserves is an answer to her concerns. I gave her that, but she will probably proceed to Defcon 1.

And throw in a few "honeys" and "sweethearts." I find Type A businesswomen like that these days.
    That, and maybe a “damn you look cute when you’re mad” or a “you’re too pretty to be upset.”

Oh, and make sure someone livestreams the beat-down she inflicts on you after that.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I was firm, but reasonable. I was also aware that this is a precedent setting email. We are establishing a baseline here. I didn't over-explain, I merely countered her assertions. I don't owe an explanation for my rationale. I get to define that. What she deserves is an answer to her concerns. I gave her that, but she will probably proceed to Defcon 1.
    So, no “stop complaining like a troll living under your bridge of lies”? I don’t want to tell you how to do your job but..

We’re getting Indian take out tonight. The last time we did that the guy said, “oh, this is a big order, how many people?” I of course lied to hide my shame.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    So, no “stop complaining like a troll living under your bridge of lies”? I don’t want to tell you how to do your job but..
    Why not? Get in line.

We’re getting Indian take out tonight. The last time we did that the guy said, “oh, this is a big order, how many people?” I of course lied to hide my shame.
    See? This is why I can't stay mad at you. I frequently order a whole bunch of food and will receive four or five Forks. We have gone out to dinner and I have ordered and the waitress walked away thinking I ordered for my family of four. You have to have a hobby I guess.

Leftovers are the cover for everything, whether or not you actually plan to have any.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Leftovers are the cover for everything, whether or not you actually plan to have any.
    And fictional family members. We ordered one fewer app than last time and I was not questioned so perhaps I've struck the magic 'big order but not so big as to require inquiry from the proprietor' balance.

And fictional family members. We ordered one fewer app than last time and I was not questioned so perhaps I've struck the magic 'big order but not so big as to require inquiry from the proprietor' balance.

You've got a reputation...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    You've got a reputation...
    And a belly fully of chicken korma.

Chicken korma’s gonna get you
    Gonna look you right in the face
    Better get yourself together darlin'
    Join the human race

How in the world you gonna see
    Laughin' at fools like me?
    Who on earth d'you think you are
    A super star?
    Well, right you are

Well, we all shine on
    Like the moon and the stars and the sun
    Well, we all shine on
    Everyone come on
    — John Lennon (probably)

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Indian food, along with Chinese and Thai food, are my favorite leftovers. Now you know why I need those Charmin Ultra Mega rolls.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    — John Lennon (probably)
    Did John do any songs about shrimp vindaloo?

The conversation is flying fast and furious in the conference realignment thread over yonder.
    College athletics are just about dead to me at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The conversation is flying fast and furious in the conference realignment thread over yonder.
    College athletics are just about dead to me at this point.
    Some folks just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Some folks just want to watch the world burn.
    I was amused to see Nickelback make an appearance.

Yeah, it's the weekend. In Texas. In summer.