Page 2172 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 117216722072212221622170217121722173217421822222227226723172 ... LastLast
Results 43,421 to 43,440 of 67415
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Read between the lines: He's calling you a waffle stomper.
    Ha! Well that's true.

Read between the lines: He's calling you a waffle stomper.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Ha! Well that's true.
    I've switched to pancakes.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Flying to NC tomorrow to visit the parents. Arrow and T-Bone are going with me. I resolve not to read the coronavirus thread while I'm down there - heck, I'll leave it alone until after the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    My first floor is directly on the concrete slab, so I would mainly have to worry cabinets, etc. I took my ice maker out a year or so ago, but I use the water line for cold water.
    In fact my friends' kitchen is on a slab as well, so they didn't suffer any basement damage, but they still broke the $10k mark.,..floors and cabinets ain't cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Flying to NC tomorrow to visit the parents. Arrow and T-Bone are going with me. I resolve not to read the coronavirus thread while I'm down there - heck, I'll leave it alone until after the Olympics.
    Where in NC?

Where in NC?
    Dur-Ham! A couple of miles from my house! Say hi to your mom for me.

I should stay off the sports threads. Safe travels Bostondevil. Headed to Little Rock by way of Chicago this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Dur-Ham! A couple of miles from my house! Say hi to your mom for me.
    aimo is correct.

I wish X2 counted as a post.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I wish X2 counted as a post.
    Xtwo

I should not put the Olympics on in the morning. It makes me want to stay home and watch. I don't care which sport - I like to watch all of them. I try to see a few minutes of each sport. Last Summer Olympics, I discovered Trampoline was a thing. This year, it was 3x3 men's basketball. I knew the women were playing 3x3 but didn't realize the men were.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I should not put the Olympics on in the morning. It makes me want to stay home and watch. I don't care which sport - I like to watch all of them. I try to see a few minutes of each sport. Last Summer Olympics, I discovered Trampoline was a thing. This year, it was 3x3 men's basketball. I knew the women were playing 3x3 but didn't realize the men were.
    Men in general, yes. U.S. men, not so much. And I fully admit that when it comes to the Olympics, I'm a homer. I just can't bring myself to care about a men's basketball outcome when I have no rooting interest. Also, I like the below-the-rim tactics of the women's game quite a lot, though I also understand that I am very much in the minority in this last respect.

I can watch a lot of sports, but rhythmic gymnastics with the ribbons and big ball are a bridge too far for me. How about chainsawing?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I can watch a lot of sports, but rhythmic gymnastics with the ribbons and big ball are a bridge too far for me. How about chainsawing?
    I don't have to necessarily enjoy the sports. I just like watching them because of the time and effort the participants spent getting there.

Very exciting finish to the US - Kenya rugby match yesterday.

I have, so far, watched at least a few minutes of coverage of 24 different sports.

I like watching the swimming b/c we rock and it is really exciting to me. I like to watch the gymnastics mostly b/c I am 5'10" and could never do any of that stuff besides cartwheels.

just finished a 90 minute bout with the giant 70 foot tall pine tree that crashed into the yard, narrowly missing the house. I got in some good licks (I extricated the apple tree) but the pine tree definitely won. Time to lie down and whimper.

The great pool renovation of 2021 has entered into stage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    In fact my friends' kitchen is on a slab as well, so they didn't suffer any basement damage, but they still broke the $10k mark.,..floors and cabinets ain't cheap...
    Probably wooden floors, mine are tile and should hold up to water fairly well. It's the cabinets I worry about.