Page 2161 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 116116612061211121512159216021612162216321712211226126613161 ... LastLast
Results 43,201 to 43,220 of 67391
    Finally had a cool day around here. Been swampy. Actually able to get out on a family walk.

Big rain here cools things down. Finally.

Am up near the CA border (opening soon!?). Cool enough to chop wood... one of life's most satisfying activities. Especially when son is around to do all the bending down and stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Am up near the CA border (opening soon!?). Cool enough to chop wood... one of life's most satisfying activities. Especially when son is around to do all the bending down and stacking.
    Which part of the border?

we've been pretty impatient waiting to see our neighbors to the north...sounds like we may be able to do so in August...

Chopping wood is one of my favorite activities. I have 2 axes, 3 wedges and a maul.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Chopping wood is one of my favorite activities. I have 2 axes, 3 wedges and a maul.
    My old splitting maul was my household MVP for the years when I heated primarily with wood. Hitting the wood just right was like hitting a baseball on the sweet spot, very gratifying. Doink!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    My old splitting maul was my household MVP for the years when I heated primarily with wood. Hitting the wood just right was like hitting a baseball on the sweet spot, very gratifying. Doink!
    Agreed! Very satisfying activity!

Agreed! Very satisfying activity!
    Hmmm . . . should I be worried? Maybe step up my game? There is an axe-throwing bar near the DBAP, maybe I should practice . . .

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Hmmm . . . should I be worried? Maybe step up my game? There is an axe-throwing bar near the DBAP, maybe I should practice . . .

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yes, but if CDevil has an axe and I only have hot pink boxing gloves, I'm thinking he may have an advantage. Even with my left hook.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Which part of the border?
    Upstate NY - nearest crossing is Chateaugay (~15 miles from our place)

About 4-5 years ago I YouTubed across a technique for wrapping 8-10 logs in a logging chain as tensioned with a couple bungee cords. You work your way around the circle, whacking away to your heart's (mal)content. As the wood splits, the chain keeps everything upright - no bending and repositioning.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I've had some success in recruiting others to joy of wood splitting. And I'll second/augment your analogy with feeling the sweet spot of a perfectly hit 5-iron.

Oh please don't.

Oh please don't.
    I hate to quote myself but at this point I feel about you the way I feel about my buddy who is about 6 foot 4 and 275 lb. I would neither shoot him nor hit him with an ax. It wouldn't hurt him, it would just make him mad.

I hate to quote myself but at this point I feel about you the way I feel about my buddy who is about 6 foot 4 and 275 lb. I would neither shoot him nor hit him with an ax. It wouldn't hurt him, it would just make him mad.
    Whoa, big fella. I am also 6’4” but the thickest boi I’ve ever been is 245. I’m 215 now. Can’t imagine 275, muscle or fat!

I'm not sure how to take this, being compared to someone who is 6'4" and weighs 245. I might be insulted.

I'm not sure how to take this, being compared to someone who is 6'4" and weighs 245. I might be insulted.
    Please don't be upset. I beg of you. It is your toughness that I am afraid of

I accidentally bought the crunchy. Noooopoooppoooooolo!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I accidentally bought the crunchy. Noooopoooppoooooolo!
    I thought the choices were the cream and the clear?*

*MLB reference, Barry Bonds to be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I thought the choices were the cream and the clear?*

*MLB reference, Barry Bonds to be specific.
    Wow, had to look that up!