Page 2148 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 114816482048209821382146214721482149215021582198224826483148 ... LastLast
Results 42,941 to 42,960 of 67668
    Today I hiked to some dinosaur footprints, and that was pretty dadgum cool.
    A0CEFF0B-91A3-4B41-8282-751F24FC7DB3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Very cool!!!!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Trapped in the Chicago airport for 4 hours after missing my connection by 3 minutes. I am 3 beers deep at Macaroni Grill, or what I like to call "Boston sober".

3 beers? That's "Peachtree drunk" where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Death Valley was a few degrees away from the hottest temperature ever recorded on earth last week.
    They hit 130 at Furnace Creek yesterday, which may be an all time record since the record of 134 from many years ago is widely disputed...we've stayed at Furnace Creek before (there's a great Inn, only open in the cool months, and a lousy motel there).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    They hit 130 at Furnace Creek yesterday, which may be an all time record since the record of 134 from many years ago is widely disputed...we've stayed at Furnace Creek before (there's a great Inn, only open in the cool months, and a lousy motel there).
    Yeah, I’ve driven through Furnace Creek, through Death Valley and up the eastern slope of the Sierras into Yosemite. Pretty, quieter side of the state. Never stayed overnight though.

Death Valley is something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    How’s your son doing?

Is that like a shadetree mechanic?

I got back from Vermont on Friday. My son is still on the mend but doing well. That said, he is way too thin. He dropped 10 pounds in the hospital and he didn't have 10 pounds to lose. (He's 5' 11" and barely 100 lbs now.) I wanted to bring him back with me so I could both feed him and monitor what he's eating to make sure it's enough. He refused. We came up with a food diary solution. He is keeping track of what he eats every day with the goal of consuming 2100 calories a day. So far, he's not quite getting there but he's getting into the habit of eating more often, snacks have been strongly encouraged. I did a grocery run with him before I left - lots protein bars, nuts, hummus & pita bread, and fruit smoothies went into the cart. I have also set him up with my credit card on both Uber and Door Dash. I don't want him saving money for the next month (he moves to Maryland in August for his job), I want him taking proper care of himself, so if I'm paying for him to get Chinese food every night, I'll do it, at least I know he's getting protein and vegetables that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Is that like a shadetree mechanic?
    Maybe? (I just made it up, it could mean anything.)

I got back from Vermont on Friday. My son is still on the mend but doing well. That said, he is way too thin. He dropped 10 pounds in the hospital and he didn't have 10 pounds to lose. (He's 5' 11" and barely 100 lbs now.) I wanted to bring him back with me so I could both feed him and monitor what he's eating to make sure it's enough. He refused. We came up with a food diary solution. He is keeping track of what he eats every day with the goal of consuming 2100 calories a day. So far, he's not quite getting there but he's getting into the habit of eating more often, snacks have been strongly encouraged. I did a grocery run with him before I left - lots protein bars, nuts, hummus & pita bread, and fruit smoothies went into the cart. I have also set him up with my credit card on both Uber and Door Dash. I don't want him saving money for the next month (he moves to Maryland in August for his job), I want him taking proper care of himself, so if I'm paying for him to get Chinese food every night, I'll do it, at least I know he's getting protein and vegetables that way.
    Oh, geez, that is thin - hopefully he gets some pounds back on him. He’s really been through the ringer.

Amazing! And that dinosaur paw in the sandal is revelatory! Had no idea they wore sandals.

Amazing! And that dinosaur paw in the sandal is revelatory! Had no idea they wore sandals.
    Yes, it must be tough to cinch them up with opposable thumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yes, it must be tough to cinch them up with opposable thumbs.
    I feel bad. That was my anti-foot bias showing through. Ain't nobody want to see your feet.

I feel bad. That was my anti-foot bias showing through. Ain't nobody want to see your feet.
    Without, meant to type without.

That is Cdevil's way of saying he would prefer seeing Kermit in that picture.

I, however, have no problem with men wearing sandals. Unless they are part Hobbit. Which you are not.

Yeah, I’ve driven through Furnace Creek, through Death Valley and up the eastern slope of the Sierras into Yosemite. Pretty, quieter side of the state. Never stayed overnight though.

Death Valley is something.
    I was once driving a rental car on a highway east of Mt. Whitney...long, straight, pretty deserted, I think it was California 395...no one else on the road and then I start hearing a weird noise, which quickly gets louder and louder. I'm looking at the gauges on the dashboard, is the car overheating? Is it out of oil? I mess with the radio dial, any dial I can find, have no idea what's going on...and as the sound becomes deafening I see a jet fighter swoop down over me, literally at something like 50 feet. Came pretty close to soiling myself...evidently this is fairly common out West, harass the occasional motorist or bovine.

I was once driving a rental car on a highway east of Mt. Whitney...long, straight, pretty deserted, I think it was California 395...no one else on the road and then I start hearing a weird noise, which quickly gets louder and louder. I'm looking at the gauges on the dashboard, is the car overheating? Is it out of oil? I mess with the radio dial, any dial I can find, have no idea what's going on...and as the sound becomes deafening I see a jet fighter swoop down over me, literally at something like 50 feet. Came pretty close to soiling myself...evidently this is fairly common out West, harass the occasional motorist or bovine.
    Bet you were near Star Wars canyon.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-col1-star-wars-fighter-jets-20190507-htmlstory.html.

I was in my car(bought so I could drive to my summer employment at Magic Mountain theme park) when it started shuddering. ti thought the engine was about to explode. I was at a red light and hopped out. Turns out everything was shaking not just my car.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991...dre_earthquake

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    That is Cdevil's way of saying he would prefer seeing Kermit in that picture.

I, however, have no problem with men wearing sandals. Unless they are part Hobbit. Which you are not.
    Why do we always fight when Wilson is on vacation?

Bet you were near Star Wars canyon.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...htmlstory.html.
    I didn't see any canyon, but we were near Edwards I think, and they were definitely having their version of fun with me...I was happy to comply (hitting the brakes, slowing to 20 mph waiting for the explosion).