Page 2119 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 111916192019206921092117211821192120212121292169221926193119 ... LastLast
Results 42,361 to 42,380 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Are we there yet?
    Time to make the donuts.

It's the final countdown they've always sung about.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    It's the final countdown they've always sung about.
    Favorite weird fact about that very well-known song: That countdown was for a trip to Venus.

Favorite weird fact about that very well-known song: That countdown was for a trip to Venus.
    wow, better pack extra sandwiches for that road trip!

That is very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    That is very weird.
    Second verse, first line:

We're headin' for Venus
    And still we stand tall
    'Cause maybe they've seen us
    And welcome us all, yeah

^ or maybe they'll make burritos out of you, no way to know their attitude...

OMG I get to post the tie breaker!!!

OMG I get to post the tie breaker!!!
    You should have at least activated the wankerizer for such an auspicious occasion!

It annoys me when writers say something like “the Hawks advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time since 2015.” While that statement is true, it makes it sound like the Hawks go to the ECF every six years or so, when in fact this is just their second time EVER doing that since moving to Atlanta in 1968.

After two decades of making the playoffs, the Spurs have missed twice in a row.

So, on the drive home from St. Paul yesterday, I both spent the longest amount of time behind the wheel and for the least amount of miles. I don't like that distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    So, on the drive home from St. Paul yesterday, I both spent the longest amount of time behind the wheel and for the least amount of miles. I don't like that distinction.
    Sounds like I-95 on a Friday.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Sounds like I-95 on a Friday.

-jk
    I wish it had just been construction or traffic. It was torrential rain with hail and tornado warnings*. I pulled off the road three times to let the rain lighten up. I wasn't the only one pulling off the road - many cars and semis stopped.

*I'm not sure how close they were to us but the alert going off on the phone was a bit nerve racking.

I wish it had just been construction or traffic. It was torrential rain with hail and tornado warnings*. I pulled off the road three times to let the rain lighten up. I wasn't the only one pulling off the road - many cars and semis stopped.

*I'm not sure how close they were to us but the alert going off on the phone was a bit nerve racking.
    ah, the same nasty system is nearly upon us, severe thunderstorm watch until 9pm, wind is already howling, no outdoor grilling this evening...

Ouch, *notes he can’t delete his prior post. Shakes head…

Stay safe!

Does “dandy” have a negative or non-PC connotation that I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Does “dandy” have a negative or non-PC connotation that I missed?
    Looking at it's second order function, I would lean to yes. This is all going on stereotypes.