Page 2098 of 2276 FirstFirst ... 1098159819982048208820962097209820992100210821482198 ... LastLast
Results 41,941 to 41,960 of 45507
  1. #41941
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    They have a Shelton's Vineyards over there?!?!
    And BBQ with too much vinegar.

  2. #41942
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    And BBQ with too much vinegar.
    They deserve to be judged for this

  3. #41943
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The mixed 4x400 relay (men and women) is my new favorite event at the World Track & Field Championships. Why we didn't think of this before, I don't know, but it's an awesome event!
    There was brief coverage of some of the women's events yesterday but almost exclusively the men.

  4. #41944
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    They deserve to be judged for this
    They've been making BBQ since before the Roman Empire...

  5. #41945
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    They've been making BBQ since before the Roman Empire...
    People in Dobson?!?! Who knew?!?!

  6. #41946
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    There was brief coverage of some of the women's events yesterday but almost exclusively the men.
    So the women's finals are today. Most of the women's events covered yesterday were heptathalon events, etc.

  7. #41947
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Well it's a splendid morning on the other side of the lake. Enjoy!
    at mid day it's 77 degrees, sunny, humidity of 30%, dew point of 43 degrees...it just can't get much nicer, can it? Great day for a long hound walk, how I'm holding down the deck with my butt and a book.

  8. #41948
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Saw this little fellow hanging out waiting for mom while I was out hiking with puppers.


    6B9454BD-BD4A-422F-B431-412485F7FCE1.jpg

  9. #41949
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    How long is he going to be home?

    I very much like hearing about everyone's vacations and day trips. I'm living vicariously through everyone until I go on vacation. Yesterday was our first big group meeting since I officially got my new title (I'm probably going to go ahead and get my business card tattooed on my back). I had to face the Grand Inquisitors.
    Going up tomorrow, coming back to Boston with Paddies on Monday. Heading back to Burlington on Friday with Paddies and Arrow. Going to Lake Monsters games on Saturday and Sunday, coming back to Boston with Arrow on the 21st. Paddies has a job in Burlington for the summer. He's moving to the DC area in late August.

  10. #41950
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Did I mention that we have an announced production run schedule for Romeo & Juliet?

  11. #41951
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I looked back a couple of pages and I think the answer is no.

    We open November 5, 2021, a mere 588 days after the original date. Our director tells us that our production may be featured in a story in The Boston Globe, complete with picture, about how theaters have weathered the pandemic. We seem to be somewhat unique in keeping the cast together. For you non-theater types, keeping the production together is only possible because it's Shakespeare. (OK, it would have been possible with any play in the public domain.)

  12. #41952
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I looked back a couple of pages and I think the answer is no.

    We open November 5, 2021, a mere 588 days after the original date. Our director tells us that our production may be featured in a story in The Boston Globe, complete with picture, about how theaters have weathered the pandemic. We seem to be somewhat unique in keeping the cast together. For you non-theater types, keeping the production together is only possible because it's Shakespeare. (OK, it would have been possible with any play in the public domain.)
    Good luck with it!

    Or is that "break a leg"?

    -jk

  13. #41953
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Good luck with it!

    Or is that "break a leg"?

    -jk
    In my high school theater program, there were some anti-superstitionists who would gallivant around backstage cheerfully wishing everyone “Good luck, MacBeth!” before every show.

  14. #41954
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    In my high school theater program, there were some anti-superstitionists who would gallivant around backstage cheerfully wishing everyone “Good luck, MacBeth!” before every show.
    I would have been that kid and I would have deserved to be popped in the nose with a pink boxing glove.

  15. #41955
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    First pesto of the season.


    Will go nicely with venison

  16. #41956
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    First pesto of the season.


    Will go nicely with venison
    Poor Bambi!

  17. #41957
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Poor Bambi!
    Aw, I’m kidding. Salmon on the grill.

  18. #41958
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Aw, I’m kidding. Salmon on the grill.
    We have a surplus of deer here in San Antonio.

  19. #41959
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    We have a surplus of deer here in San Antonio.
    Yeah, I'm not opposed to venison. Quite enjoy it, actually. I just didn't take bambi home with me today.

  20. #41960
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    For those of you thinking of ways to yank on the chains of superstitious theater people, a word of advice, find out how the stage manager feels about that issue before pulling any nonsense.

    My favorite stage manager has a t-shirt that says: All the world's a stage and I call the cues.

    You pull that (*&#% with a superstitious stage manager? They'll find a way.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •