Page 2086 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 108615861986203620762084208520862087208820962136218625863086 ... LastLast
Results 41,701 to 41,720 of 67238
    Chills, shakes and sweats overnight. All better now.

[QUOTE=BlueTeuf;1376848]
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That was good of him. Hope it works.

Skeptical... certainly possible, but in the history of human interaction is as likely to make things worse.
    Hah. Yeah, this may be true. I mean, we’re all team CD but sounds like there’s a lot of animosity there.

[QUOTE=BlueTeuf;1376848]
    That was good of him. Hope it works.

Skeptical... certainly possible, but in the history of human interaction is as likely to make things worse.
    I hope you enjoy drinking from your half empty cup! Kidding. Some of this is on me actually. If I don't handle this promotion in the manner it should be handled, then I will give them an opening to complain. I think their deepest, darkest fears are that I will be a self-promoter and they will be marginalized. To defend these guys, my predecessor could be a little bit like that. And he is the reason I came to work for this company. Just a beloved and legendary figure and for good reason. Best speaker I have ever had the pleasure to witness. But he was so incandescent that those guys felt marginalized. They lived in his shadow and felt he got all the accolades.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It's all relative...
    I saw what you did there. You didn't deal in absolutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I saw what you did there. You didn't deal in absolutes.
    The first lesson of management consulting, never commit.

[QUOTE=ClemmonsDevil;1376860]
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post

I hope you enjoy drinking from your half empty cup! Kidding. Some of this is on me actually. If I don't handle this promotion in the manner it should be handled, then I will give them an opening to complain. I think their deepest, darkest fears are that I will be a self-promoter and they will be marginalized. To defend these guys, my predecessor could be a little bit like that. And he is the reason I came to work for this company. Just a beloved and legendary figure and for good reason. Best speaker I have ever had the pleasure to witness. But he was so incandescent that those guys felt marginalized. They lived in his shadow and felt he got all the accolades.
    Yeah, I could have been more detailed. If the audience perceives the big boss's endorsement as a diminution of their own standing, then it's not likely to be helpful in building/mending bridges. But if she/he were artful, other paths appear.

It's all relative...
    Funny! and true.

Race went well. Am tickled. Father Time has been rebuked ...for the moment.

[QUOTE=BlueTeuf;1376868]

Yeah, I could have been more detailed. If the audience perceives the big boss's endorsement as a diminution of their own standing, then it's not likely to be helpful in building/mending bridges. But if she/he were artful, other paths appear.
    So the boss is really well-liked and very much trusted by those guys. And I knew what you meant. I just thought it would be fun to bust your chops. And you know what? It really was.

I just thought it would be fun to bust your chops.
    I’m having pork for lunch. Could never do lamb. Poor Mary…

I’m having pork for lunch. Could never do lamb. Poor Mary…
    I find lamb to be a touch gamey unless it's in a pretty strong sauce. Lamb curries are superb, but I had lamb skewers the other day and I didn't love them.

I find lamb to be a touch gamey unless it's in a pretty strong sauce. Lamb curries are superb, but I had lamb skewers the other day and I didn't love them.
    Lamb is dang tasty. Leg of lamb, chops, shoulder...

Deck repairs completed, and I have a huge deck (even without trimming the bushes around it). Now it’s time to stain, so of course the rain season starts this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Deck repairs completed, and I have a huge deck (even without trimming the bushes around it). Now it’s time to stain, so of course the rain season starts this afternoon.
    This was such a fantastic post.

Elliot in the Morning (DC shock jock) used to do this segment about celebrity hook-ups and now my wife and I can’t listen to Kenny Chesney without laughing.

And not because of his music!

Elliot in the Morning (DC shock jock) used to do this segment about celebrity hook-ups and now my wife and I can’t listen to Kenny Chesney without laughing.

And not because of his music!
    Does your wife think your tractor is sexy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Lamb is dang tasty. Leg of lamb, chops, shoulder...
    Costco thick lamb chops on the menu tonight, the grillmeister is ready.

Chills, shakes and sweats overnight. All better now.

Withdrawal from Duke sports can be difficult.

Got blade replaced on push mower along with basic service. Got about 2/3rds through mowing, the bolt holding the blade on broke in half.

Now my lawn has a reverse mowhawk and I have to take it back on Monday.

Does your wife think your tractor is sexy?
    She must like something about me but it isn’t my machinery.

Escape (The Pina Colada Song) is not a happy song. Like, they’re actively trying to cheat on one another by putting out want ads.