Page 2079 of 2702 FirstFirst ... 10791579197920292069207720782079208020812089212921792579 ... LastLast
Results 41,561 to 41,580 of 54029
  1. #41561
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I was a Duke fan way before Coach K. Season ticket holder since ‘75. I will be a Duke fan and ticket holder as long as my health permits. I will miss the Goat leading the team, but Duke is still my team to cheer for as much as ever.
    That's awesome.

    I have not had the opportunity to read through all the announcements but I'm looking forward to understanding the logic behind K's choice of Scheyer --- and to welcoming his continued success. He'll have his own style and go through his ups and downs but the program is the program.

    It will be interesting to see how K stays involved --- or if he handles things like ex-presidents mostly do and stays quiet and under the radar.

    I suspect it will be the latter with regards to Duke.

  2. #41562
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That's awesome.

    I have not had the opportunity to read through all the announcements but I'm looking forward to understanding the logic behind K's choice of Scheyer --- and to welcoming his continued success. He'll have his own style and go through his ups and downs but the program is the program.

    It will be interesting to see how K stays involved --- or if he handles things like ex-presidents mostly do and stays quiet and under the radar.

    I suspect it will be the latter with regards to Duke.
    Yep. If I know K, he will turn the keys over to Scheyer, and only give advice when asked. And then only in private. If I were Scheyer, I would ask frequently.

  3. #41563
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Yep. If I know K, he will turn the keys over to Scheyer, and only give advice when asked. And then only in private. If I were Scheyer, I would ask frequently.
    Jon sure gets a great learning year, beginning with attending summer hoop events for high schoolers with K(which of course he has done in the past). Nice to have a year in which you can ask a whole lot of questions.

    It will be very interesting to see how recruiting goes in this next cycle.

  4. #41564
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    DBR traffic over the last month and then today probably looks a little like that GameStop stock phenomenon...

  5. #41565
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    DBR traffic over the last month and then today probably looks a little like that GameStop stock phenomenon...

    Or maybe AMC.

  6. #41566
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Jon Scheyer will be a MUCH better coach than Hubert Davis.

    Fight me!!!
    Did you mean to post this over at IC?

  7. #41567
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Jon Scheyer will be a MUCH better coach than Hubert Davis.

    Fight me!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Did you mean to post this over at IC?

    Hah hah. Yeah, Aimo, you looking for a fight in the wrong crowd here!

  8. #41568
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hah hah. Yeah, Aimo, you looking for a fight in the wrong crowd here!
    Which is typical of the French!

  9. #41569
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hah hah. Yeah, Aimo, you looking for a fight in the wrong crowd here!
    I think she's trying to draw me out. Not taking the bait.

  10. #41570
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I think she's trying to draw me out. Not taking the bait.
    Riposte:


  11. #41571
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Riposte:

    Your backyard?

  12. #41572
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Your backyard?
    Absolutely, yes.

  13. #41573
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Absolutely, yes.
    That looks like Penn's woods.

  14. #41574
    Okay, enough for tonight.

  15. #41575
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    The birds, they are a chirping.

  16. #41576
    Cardinals?

  17. #41577
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Baby cardinals make quite a racket.

  18. #41578
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Baby cardinals make quite a racket.
    So you read that thread too?

  19. #41579
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Baby cardinals make quite a racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    So you read that thread too?
    Maybe not as much as admiring your handiwork.

  20. #41580
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Baby cardinals make quite a racket.
    Y’all making MLB thread jokes again?

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •