Page 2078 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 107815781978202820682076207720782079208020882128217825783078 ... LastLast
Results 41,541 to 41,560 of 67238
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Under 800. We will retake the Iron Throne, thanks to the new Dothraki army.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Depends on if you're a bigger Van Gogh fan than you are a Cardinals fan.
    I am.

Today is almost certainly another large step in the precipitous decline of my sense of attachment to Duke basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Today is almost certainly another large step in the precipitous decline of my sense of attachment to Duke basketball.
    I know how you feel. Trying to obtain tickets for New Orleans, one more ride!!!

Did something happen?

Did something happen?
    Nope

Did something happen?
    Are you serious?
    Honest question.

Did something happen?
    Never mind - I just went to the EK Board/front page.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Nope
    Are you serious?
    Honest question.
    Coach K is retiring next spring.

Thanks for posting. We knew it had to happen some day. I'll still cry about it.

Thanks for posting. We knew it had to happen some day. I'll still cry about it.
    Even given my, as I've intimated, significantly declining detachment to Duke hoops, I'll cry about it too. Duke basketball runs all the way back to my earliest memories of any kind.

I am going to be a fan like I always have been. I will be just as supportive. I understand that many will not, and that's ok too. I'm not sad about Coach K leaving. This is just the natural progression of life.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I am going to be a fan like I always have been. I will be just as supportive. I understand that many will not, and that's ok too. I'm not sad about Coach K leaving. This is just the natural progression of life.
    I certainly respect that. I for one am already not "a fan like I have always been"...my sense of investment crested more than 5 years ago. This is just another (sizable) nudge in the direction I'm already headed.

I certainly respect that. I for one am already not "a fan like I have always been"...my sense of investment crested more than 5 years ago. This is just another (sizable) nudge in the direction I'm already headed.
    I have many friends who feel the same. I'm just as crazy as I always was.

Oh yeah, I knew but didn't want to spoil the surprise, shock, sadness, etc.

I guess I'm like Wilson in this regard, I will always be supportive of the team, but my level of attachment may wane a bit more. It has the last few years when it became apparent that many on the team would not join us in the ranks of graduates of the university. They have been fun to watch and cheer for them but that little something extra isn't there.

Even given my, as I've intimated, significantly declining detachment to Duke hoops, I'll cry about it too. Duke basketball runs all the way back to my earliest memories of any kind.
    Completely relatable. Will only make this coming year that much more emotional for me.

I was a Duke fan way before Coach K. Season ticket holder since ‘75. I will be a Duke fan and ticket holder as long as my health permits. I will miss the Goat leading the team, but Duke is still my team to cheer for as much as ever.

I remember when Coach K was hired. Knew quite a few season ticket holders who gave them up b/c they didn't like him. Then, when he started winning, they tried to get them back . . . no such luck!!! We held onto ours through the sucky parts. Of course, my mom has been going to Duke football games for 60 years, so what does that say about my family's mentality?!?

Jon Scheyer will be a MUCH better coach than Hubert Davis.

Fight me!!!