Page 2067 of 3400 FirstFirst ... 106715671967201720572065206620672068206920772117216725673067 ... LastLast
Results 41,321 to 41,340 of 67982
  1. #41321
    500 pushups in five sets and a personal best 120-in set number four. Terry Gross, Michael Barbaro and Brandi Carlile taking me home for the win.

  2. #41322
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    500 pushups in five sets and a personal best 120-in set number four. Terry Gross, Michael Barbaro and Brandi Carlile taking me home for the win.
    Great job! It's amazing what the right music can do for your mood and performance in a workout. Shuffle pulled a great sequence to get me across the finish line this morning, and it was one of those sessions where I just went to church.

  3. #41323
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Great job! It's amazing what the right music can do for your mood and performance in a workout. Shuffle pulled a great sequence to get me across the finish line this morning, and it was one of those sessions where I just went to church.
    When I started this it took me 14 sets to get through 500. I thought maybe I could get to a point where I could get through it in 6 but I never thought 5 was possible. I don't think playlists matter too much to me really though. I'm just as angry listening to Brandi Carlile as I am listening to Rage Against the Machine.

  4. #41324
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    When I started this it took me 14 sets to get through 500. I thought maybe I could get to a point where I could get through it in 6 but I never thought 5 was possible. I don't think playlists matter too much to me really though. I'm just as angry listening to Brandi Carlile as I am listening to Rage Against the Machine.
    Haha, well it does take all kinds of people...
    I cried on the treadmill this morning, out of exhaustion and satisfaction and reflectiveness and gratitude and contentment and all of it. Like I said, I went to church at the gym today.

  5. #41325
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Haha, well it does take all kinds of people...
    I cried on the treadmill this morning, out of exhaustion and satisfaction and reflectiveness and gratitude and contentment and all of it. Like I said, I went to church at the gym today.
    Nice. Good work man!

  6. #41326
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Oh man, Alphaville's Forever Young album was one of my go to driving in the car albums for most of the '80s and '90s.

    Brandi Carlile's cover is great. Here's the original. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1TcDHrkQYg (Alphaville was a West German band and the song is about living in Germany during the Cold War.)

  7. #41327
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    you may all Hail Budwom, King of Meat after a $600, twenty minute scamper in Costco (they still have geezer hours)! $190 for a big pile of Prime filet mignons, a nice brick of lamb chops. Holiday weekend, ya know.

    Her Brandi-ness was up here two years ago in a beautiful, small setting (Shelburne Museum) and got in one song before the lightning shut things down.

  8. #41328
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    you may all Hail Budwom, King of Meat after a $600, twenty minute scamper in Costco (they still have geezer hours)! $190 for a big pile of Prime filet mignons, a nice brick of lamb chops. Holiday weekend, ya know.

    Her Brandi-ness was up here two years ago in a beautiful, small setting (Shelburne Museum) and got in one song before the lightning shut things down.
    How does that square with the mulch? King of the M&M?

  9. #41329
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    How does that square with the mulch? King of the M&M?
    The last vestige of The Great Mulch Pile disappeared a few days ago, I'd been holding a cubic yard in reserve for new plant acquisitions*...now I'm King of Meat and Mowing!

    * including the area around my mother in law's plaster head sitting on a pine stump.

  10. #41330
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The last vestige of The Great Mulch Pile disappeared a few days ago, I'd been holding a cubic yard in reserve for new plant acquisitions*...now I'm King of Meat and Mowing!

    * including the area around my mother in law's plaster head sitting on a pine stump.
    I am the Sultan of the Checkbook. I am very liberal with my wife's money.

  11. #41331
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post

    * including the area around my mother in law's plaster head sitting on a pine stump.
    Do you guys have some weird ritual where you dance around it wearing nothing but leaves?

  12. #41332
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Do you guys have some weird ritual where you dance around it wearing nothing but leaves?
    What are the leaves for?

  13. #41333
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    What are the leaves for?
    Tea.

  14. #41334
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Tea.
    Oh, that makes a lot more sense. Very utilitarian.

  15. #41335
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Oh, that makes a lot more sense. Very utilitarian.
    Yes. Mr Wom (I want to call him Bud but seems presumptuous unless he says it's ok) is quite adept at multitasking.

  16. #41336
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yes. Mr Wom (I want to call him Bud but seems presumptuous unless he says it's ok) is quite adept at multitasking.
    Bud is fine! Mrs. Womble and I haven't had a chance to devise rituals vis a vis The Head, but we have some pals visiting on Monday, cocktails will be served, nothing like alcohol to ignite creativity.
    We have had a few delivery people look at the head and quickly glance away, I guess it creeps them out (which is why we have it outside, and not in our house). It has a definite Stephen King vibe to it...

  17. #41337
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Bud is fine! Mrs. Womble and I haven't had a chance to devise rituals vis a vis The Head, but we have some pals visiting on Monday, cocktails will be served, nothing like alcohol to ignite creativity.
    We have had a few delivery people look at the head and quickly glance away, I guess it creeps them out (which is why we have it outside, and not in our house). It has a definite Stephen King vibe to it...
    We demand video!

  18. #41338
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    We demand video!
    And you take her demands lightly at your peril. We all know this.

  19. #41339
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Four more days.

  20. #41340
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Four more days.
    But 7 on the calendar? Then where to?

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •