Page 2057 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 105715571957200720472055205620572058205920672107215725573057 ... LastLast
Results 41,121 to 41,140 of 67406
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    As long as there's no laugh track. Anywhere. Ever again.
    I don't mind laugh tracks if it is a truly funny show. For example, Frazier. One of the funniest shows, ever. I don't even notice there is a laugh track b/c I am usually laughing my tail off myself.

Maybe not much is actually expected of us?

A company we used to do business with has blocked us from looking at their website. Seems petty, no?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Didn't everyone learn when they were kids that you walk against traffic and bike with traffic? There are an astonishing number of people in my neighborhood who walk or run with traffic and look at those doing the opposite as if they are crazy. This morning a guy who I would guess is 15 to 20 years older than I am ran right at me and refused to go around. I was shocked at that because it was aggressive. He made eye contact and just ran at me.
    I've been walking on the same nice dirt road for 31 years now, and if I walked with traffic I'd have been killed decades ago...I look at the people coming at me, quite a few go way too fast, quite a few are texting and don't see me at all, so I just veer into the puckerbrush. Yes, I get it that pedestrians have the right of way, but if they think that all drivers are paying attention, they're horribly wrong.

I didn't see him until he was right up on me, because I was replying to an email. I jumped out of the way when he startled me. I was shocked. I'm also not a little dude (well height wise I am) and I was wearing a sleeveless T-shirt (Mt Airy tuxedo). I have tons of visible tattoos and a goatee. I outweighed homeboy by a good 30 lbs. I'm generally aware that I can look a bit different than the average suburbanite and I strive to be courteously deferential, lest I make people in the neighborhood uncomfortable. I was legitimately shocked at his aggression knowing how I look. I assume you guys have picked up on the fact that I am a coward but there's no way he knew that!
    Flatten him once and he'll have a whole new perspective on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    As long as there's no laugh track. Anywhere. Ever again.
    Ha, I am the most severe laugh track phobe that I know...never watched Friends or Seinfeld or other popular stuff, because I can't stand being told when to laugh (which for me is about 15% of the time the dopes on the laugh tracks chortle.) It's insulting...I recall reading decades ago about Aaron Sorkin when he launched, what was it, Sports Night or something? The network was adamant there be a laugh track, he said if there is I'm out of here, and he got his way...it was a good show, probably underappreciated because....it didn't have a laugh track.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I've been walking on the same nice dirt road for 31 years now, and if I walked with traffic I'd have been killed decades ago...I look at the people coming at me, quite a few go way too fast, quite a few are texting and don't see me at all, so I just veer into the puckerbrush. Yes, I get it that pedestrians have the right of way, but if they think that all drivers are paying attention, they're horribly wrong.
    And one of them has a tumbler of crown royal, if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    And one of them has a tumbler of crown royal, if I recall.
    right you are, though he doesn't drive on that road, nor at that hour...but I do know the texters, I'm not above hollering at the woman in the white jeep who is texting just about every time I see her, and she's barely left her home...

My walking time is (summer hours) generally between 8 and 10 a.m., relatively few drinkers then, I'm hoping.

My walking time is (summer hours) generally between 8 and 10 a.m., relatively few drinkers then, I'm hoping.
    This sounds like a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Stuck with an ear worm...
    It's Bob Dylan's 80th birthday today. I've always liked the MTV Unplugged set (1995!) :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJpB...&start_radio=1

His live shows were a mess in the 80's; but somehow he fixed it and the ones at the end of the last century were much better.
    Saw him with the Dead and Sting / Tom Petty at RFK in DC, and a couple smaller venues in Philly. I thought his band was tight.
    "Quality is not an option!"

Party foul on me - Zimmie gets his own thread today!!
    "Quality is not an option!"

right you are, though he doesn't drive on that road, nor at that hour...but I do know the texters, I'm not above hollering at the woman in the white jeep who is texting just about every time I see her, and she's barely left her home...

Maybe. What time do the liquor stores open in VT?

Ha, I am the most severe laugh track phobe that I know...never watched Friends or Seinfeld or other popular stuff, because I can't stand being told when to laugh (which for me is about 15% of the time the dopes on the laugh tracks chortle.) It's insulting...I recall reading decades ago about Aaron Sorkin when he launched, what was it, Sports Night or something? The network was adamant there be a laugh track, he said if there is I'm out of here, and he got his way...it was a good show, probably underappreciated because...it didn't have a laugh track.
    Sports Night is a favorite hidden gem!

Pickup basketball for the first time in almost a year and a half. They require picture evidence of a vaccine. This is the old man run which is 40 and up. I'm alarmingly athletic for this crowd. Wednesday night is the young man's run and I am alarmingly unathletic for that one.

Knocked on my neighbor’s door to tell him his goat was loose. Apparently the goat roams free now and stays in his own yard. We shall see.

Knocked on my neighbor’s door to tell him his goat was loose. Apparently the goat roams free now and stays in his own yard. We shall see.
    Be careful. Make sure that thing isn't loaded.

Be careful. Make sure that thing isn't loaded.
    It can be sometimes which is why I’m a little worried.

Neighbor castrated the goat himself the old fashioned way.

It can be sometimes which is why I’m a little worried.

Neighbor castrated the goat himself the old fashioned way.
    With a goat testicle guillotine?

Pickup basketball for the first time in almost a year and a half. They require picture evidence of a vaccine. This is the old man run which is 40 and up. I'm alarmingly athletic for this crowd. Wednesday night is the young man's run and I am alarmingly unathletic for that one.
    Caught in the middle again.

With a goat testicle guillotine?
    It's called banded castration. You essentially tie off the blood supply to the testicles and they atrophy and just fall off.

(kids, please do not try this at home)