Page 2053 of 2859 FirstFirst ... 10531553195320032043205120522053205420552063210321532553 ... LastLast
Results 41,041 to 41,060 of 57178
  1. #41041
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm feeling a Steve Buscemi vibe for MtnDevil.

    Is it possible we actually already did this once on this thread?
    This is only the second time he has been mentioned in this thread. The prior time was about his appearance in Rising Sun, mentioned in April of 2020.

  2. #41042
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm feeling a Steve Buscemi vibe for MtnDevil.

    Is it possible we actually already did this once on this thread?
    Honestly, the only person who could accurately portray me would have been a young Julie Andrews. She was a triple threat.

  3. #41043
    I did rewatch Raiders of the Lost Ark last weekend. Aside from crappy special effects, I quite enjoyed.it.

  4. #41044
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    This is only the second time he has been mentioned in this thread. The prior time was about his appearance in Rising Sun, mentioned in April of 2020.
    Oh, I didn't mean Steve Buscemi. I meant "what actor would play UserX in thr LTE movie."

  5. #41045
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I've never seen that movie either. I don't hang out that much any more with the subset of the population who view several Will Ferrell/Adam Sandler movies as canon.
    Eh, old Sandler movies don’t do much for me anymore. He’s the same dude and he’s annoying.

    The best from that generation is Farley and he mostly played the same dude but his characters were endearing. Tommy Boy is still a classic.

    That was what separated Farley from Sandler, Spade, etc and the other “bad boys”. You couldn’t help but love and root for Farley’s characters.

  6. #41046
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Oh, I didn't mean Steve Buscemi. I meant "what actor would play UserX in thr LTE movie."
    Hmmm...I don't recall. If so, likely a half decade or more ago.

  7. #41047
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Honestly, the only person who could accurately portray me would have been a young Julie Andrews. She was a triple threat.
    Well, and she could really crank out the push ups so makes sense.

  8. #41048
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I don't think of Old School as a Will Ferrell movie. IMHO, Will Ferrell is much better when he is not asked to carry a film as is the case with Old School (Luke Wilson plays the lead character). And now I'm remembering the giant photographs in the wedding reception scene. OMG is that a funny movie.
    Mostly agree with the Anchorman exception.

    His other leads don’t do much for me.

  9. #41049
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That was what separated Farley from Sandler, Spade, etc and the other “bad boys”. You couldn’t help but love and root for Farley’s characters.
    Interesting take. I found his characters annoying...

  10. #41050
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Well, and she could really crank out the push ups so makes sense.
    Obviously.

  11. #41051
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Interesting take. I found his characters annoying...
    Now, his SNL characters on the other hand. I guess I have a Farley screen time threshold.

  12. #41052
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Interesting take. I found his characters annoying...
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Now, his SNL characters on the other hand. I guess I have a Farley screen time threshold.

    I thought Tommy Boy was great. When they started casting him in later movies where he was not well, it showed. Some of it was the writing but some if it was his personal demons affecting performance. The stories from his downward descent are pretty sad. He sounded like a big ball of energy and a really good-hearted guy who just had some very serious mental health and substance abuse issues, which is a bit endemic in comedians.

  13. #41053
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Sausage, egg and cheese biscuits then a walk in the woods. Got to strap the little guy on the back.

  14. #41054
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Got to strap the little guy on the back.
    Whoa! Leave me out of this.

  15. #41055
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Whoa! Leave me out of this.
    Hah hah. A Luke and yoda vibe?

  16. #41056
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hah hah. A Luke and yoda vibe?
    There is no trying to put ClemmonsDevil on your back. Only doing. Or not doing.

  17. #41057
    Bananas in the fridge?

  18. #41058
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Mostly agree with the Anchorman exception.

    His other leads don’t do much for me.
    Yep, Anchorman is the exception.

  19. #41059
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Bananas in the fridge?
    Don't do it!

  20. #41060
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    LTE: The Movie

    Starring:
    Stanley Tucci as ClemmonsDevil, Jeff Bridges as Mtn.Devil, Keanu Reeves as YmoBeThere, Hilary Swank as aimo, Matt Damon as wilson, Jake Gyllenhaal as bundabergdevil, Bryan Cranston as grad_devil, and Amy Adams as Bostondevil.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •