Page 2035 of 2396 FirstFirst ... 1035153519351985202520332034203520362037204520852135 ... LastLast
Results 40,681 to 40,700 of 47906
  1. #40681
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    For me, the definition of who gets to be considered my friend or family has shifted.
    It's always fun when you are visiting family and an argument over nothing erupts.

  2. #40682
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It's always fun when you are visiting family and an argument over nothing erupts.
    You and I have different definitions of the word fun.

    We could argue about though, that might be fun.

  3. #40683
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    If there is an extinction level meteor coming and getting to a secret military underground bunker is the only hope of survival for you and your family and you actually get the there despite all odds, then your wife will forgive your infidelity. But that is the only pathway to reconciliation.

    Pretty sure I nailed the moral of that story.

  4. #40684
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    If there is an extinction level meteor coming and getting to a secret military underground bunker is the only hope of survival for you and your family and you actually get the there despite all odds, then your wife will forgive your infidelity. But that is the only pathway to reconciliation.

    Pretty sure I nailed the moral of that story.
    I believe this is the plot to "The Greatest Story Ever Hula'd".

  5. #40685
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I believe this is the plot to "The Greatest Story Ever Hula'd".
    Is Gerard Butler in that, too?

  6. #40686
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Is Gerard Butler in that, too?
    Troy McClure.

  7. #40687
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It's always fun when you are visiting family and an argument over nothing erupts.
    Right, that’s why “family” for me moving forward is chosen. In my case, it’ll be roughly a 50/50 breakdown of people I’m actually related to and then friends whom I trust and love that deeply. But not all “family” are relatives for me anymore, and not all relatives are family.

  8. #40688
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Right, that’s why “family” for me moving forward is chosen. In my case, it’ll be roughly a 50/50 breakdown of people I’m actually related to and then friends whom I trust and love that deeply. But not all “family” are relatives for me anymore, and not all relatives are family.
    Yup.

    5E86B8A3-8135-4155-9F08-EBEAC180531E.jpg

  9. #40689
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central New York state
    On Friday our son graduated from VaTech. A great day and accomplishment for a fine young man.

    Yesterday, I shaved my beard(!), clambered into my uniform for the first time in 10+ years, and commissioned him a 2ndLt in the USMC. The uniform was a "dad prank" - as only my bride knew of my intention. The rest of the family was totally unprepared - and the prankster in me was appropriately rewarded.

    My sincere worries that I'd be making his day about me proved unfounded. And our family has photos that could never have been achieved in any other way.

    ..headed out for a 50 minute jog and to see if the Virginia sunshine can dry my wet cheeks.

  10. #40690
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    On Friday our son graduated from VaTech. A great day and accomplishment for a fine young man.

    Yesterday, I shaved my beard(!), clambered into my uniform for the first time in 10+ years, and commissioned him a 2ndLt in the USMC. The uniform was a "dad prank" - as only my bride knew of my intention. The rest of the family was totally unprepared - and the prankster in me was appropriately rewarded.

    My sincere worries that I'd be making his day about me proved unfounded. And our family has photos that could never have been achieved in any other way.

    ..headed out for a 50 minute jog and to see if the Virginia sunshine can dry my wet cheeks.
    Fantastic and congratulations!!!

  11. #40691
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    On Friday our son graduated from VaTech. A great day and accomplishment for a fine young man.

    Yesterday, I shaved my beard(!), clambered into my uniform for the first time in 10+ years, and commissioned him a 2ndLt in the USMC. The uniform was a "dad prank" - as only my bride knew of my intention. The rest of the family was totally unprepared - and the prankster in me was appropriately rewarded.

    My sincere worries that I'd be making his day about me proved unfounded. And our family has photos that could never have been achieved in any other way.

    ..headed out for a 50 minute jog and to see if the Virginia sunshine can dry my wet cheeks.
    Great story - and congratulations!

  12. #40692
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    On Friday our son graduated from VaTech. A great day and accomplishment for a fine young man.

    Yesterday, I shaved my beard(!), clambered into my uniform for the first time in 10+ years, and commissioned him a 2ndLt in the USMC. The uniform was a "dad prank" - as only my bride knew of my intention. The rest of the family was totally unprepared - and the prankster in me was appropriately rewarded.

    My sincere worries that I'd be making his day about me proved unfounded. And our family has photos that could never have been achieved in any other way.

    ..headed out for a 50 minute jog and to see if the Virginia sunshine can dry my wet cheeks.
    Congrats and thank you both for your service!

  13. #40693
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    I do not recommend DIY expressing your dog’s glands.

  14. #40694
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I do not recommend DIY expressing your dog’s glands.
    You support their right to self expression?

  15. #40695
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You support their right to self expression?
    Dogs don’t have thumbs, CD. At least not in 2021.

  16. #40696
    Good news! I've got gas!

  17. #40697
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Dogs don’t have thumbs, CD. At least not in 2021.
    Do you know if that's the problem or if they just don't do it themselves because you do it for them and they never have to take responsibility? I'm not a dog owner, so I don't know the answer to this. I'm just wondering.

  18. #40698
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Good news! I've got gas!
    Not ideal for your camping trip with Angelina!

  19. #40699
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Good news! I've got gas!
    Congratulations! I saw that in the other thread.

  20. #40700
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Not ideal for your camping trip with Angelina!
    Wait. So I make the obvious gas joke about one of your posts and you demure, but then you take the same opportunity and we are supposed to celebrate this?

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •