Page 2032 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 103215321932198220222030203120322033203420422082213225323032 ... LastLast
Results 40,621 to 40,640 of 67385
    For those who have never really listened to The Clash — or maybe know just “Rock the Casbah” and “Should I Stay or Should I Go” — do yourself a favor and find time to crank London Calling from beginning to end. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    For those who have never really listened to The Clash — or maybe know just “Rock the Casbah” and “Should I Stay or Should I Go” — do yourself a favor and find time to crank London Calling from beginning to end. Seriously.
    It's on the Billy Elliot soundtrack!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    It's on the Billy Elliot soundtrack!
    Excellent. The whole album is fantastic — really shows the range of influences. And well-designed.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I hope you will let us poor country folks in the 706 join. What we lack in social graces, w email up for in naked drunk aggression.
    Dude you know where I grew up. I have been cow tipping. I ain't got above my raisin'.

I like Jolie but she should never play someone with a physical profession. It defies belief.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I like Jolie but she should never play someone with a physical profession. It defies belief.
    She's not your first choice to fill a lumberjack role?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    She's not your first choice to fill a lumberjack role?
    And yet they pretty much cast her as just that in her new movie. Well, a smoke jumping firefighter.

The thought of her hiking through rugged country with 50 pounds of gear...

And yet they pretty much cast her as just that in her new movie. Well, a smoke jumping firefighter.

The thought of her hiking through rugged country with 50 pounds of gear...
    I mean, I'd watch her do pretty much anything on screen. The missus is fond of her too, so it's a win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I mean, I'd watch her do pretty much anything on screen. The missus is fond of her too, so it's a win-win.
    Yeah, see, she’s not my slice of turkey so watching her as a USFS firefighter just made me laugh.

Yeah, see, she’s not my slice of turkey
    So you do like her?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    So you do like her?
    I do but not like mtn likes her.

That doesn't seem like the kind of movie I would be interested in. Now if that fire was started because of the grilling of meats then maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    That doesn't seem like the kind of movie I would be interested in. Now if that fire was started because of the grilling of meats then maybe.
    It was meh. A couple of good scenes but mostly meh. It was cliffhanger but not as early 90s.

Yeah, see, she’s not my slice of turkey so watching her as a USFS firefighter just made me laugh.
    Well, as someone who knows several USFS firefighters, I will take it upon myself to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well, as someone who knows several USFS firefighters, I will take it upon myself to investigate.
    Well called bunda...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I dunno, Jolie strikes me as the kind of woman you definitely want on your side in a bar fight.

Actresses that are much less likely to be firefighters, IMHO: Reese Witherspoon, Emma Stone, Meg Ryan, Drew Barrymore, Claire Danes, Kirsten Dunst, Liv Tyler, Cher, Selena Gomez, Salma Hayak, Halle Berry.

Meryl Strep, of course, would be completely convincing as a firefighter. She's probably spend a month hiking with a 50lb pack of gear to get ready to play the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I dunno, Jolie strikes me as the kind of woman you definitely want on your side in a bar fight.

Actresses that are much less likely to be firefighters, IMHO: Reese Witherspoon, Emma Stone, Meg Ryan, Drew Barrymore, Claire Danes, Kirsten Dunst, Liv Tyler, Cher, Selena Gomez, Salma Hayak, Halle Berry.

Meryl Strep, of course, would be completely convincing as a firefighter. She's probably spend a month hiking with a 50lb pack of gear to get ready to play the role.
    Meryl Streep has probably fought fires.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

Oh, bar fight, absolutely! She’d break a bottle and stab and claw and bite. Got that crazy short term spurt strength. No doubt!

Can she hump 50 pounds of gear for 10 miles in blazing heat? Zero chance. The water loss from dehydration alone would be more than she could handle. Can you imagine her swinging a 20 pound pick to dig a trench?

No, just no. She’d fall over.

Can she hump 50 pounds of gear for 10 miles in blazing heat?
    Blueteuf likely has the much better stories here, but I've had to do this with a 60 lbs pack. Carrying a 60. The fires that we had to put out were mainly started by us(accidental) and relatively small. And an additional duty, not the main function. I lost nearly 20 lbs in six weeks eating thousands and thousands of calories a day.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Blueteuf likely has the much better stories here, but I've had to do this with a 60 lbs pack. Carrying a 60. The fires that we had to put out were mainly started by us(accidental) and relatively small. And an additional duty, not the main function. I lost nearly 20 lbs in six weeks eating thousands and thousands of calories a day.
    Bingo. She couldn’t handle the caloric deficit.

Hiking is nice, backpacking is hard.

Sounds like Mtn would Sherpa for her though.