Page 203 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1031531932012022032042052132533037031203 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 67393
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    And a thermos, and that's all I need. Oh, and this book of matches. And that's all I need. Oh, and this paddle-ball game. This paddle-ball game, this book of matches, and my thermos, and that's all I need.
    Steve Martin, right? Am I remembering correctly? Seems like I remember this from somewhere...

Where is everyone?

I'm nearing a devildeac type situation here in terms of number of continuous posts. I guess that's what happens when you don't look at the thread for 24 hrs. It's been fun getting caught up!

This makes eight. What's devildeac's record again?

nine...

Not that I would ever want to be accused of PW-ing or anything like that...

An update on posting stats...

So, on this my 10th consecutive post, I thought it might be fun to update this thread's posting stats. First place belongs to YmoBeThere, with 466 posts. Bostondevil is in 2nd place (380), only 2 posts ahead of Lavabe. Note that YMo has a bb-type lead over the rest of the field. DA is in 4th, and devildeac leads bb by 1 post. Fish80, you can pass bb with six more posts. Rounding out the top 10 are wilson, Tilly, and me. (or is that "myself"? grammar police?)

Not 10th consective. Foiled by Ymo!
    Last edited by ArkieDukie; 09-11-2008 at 10:53 PM. Reason: correction

Dang it, Ymo, you busted my streak!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    So, on this my 10th consecutive post, I thought it might be fun to update this thread's posting stats. First place belongs to YmoBeThere, with 466 posts. Bostondevil is in 2nd place (380), only 2 posts ahead of Lavabe. Note that YMo has a bb-type lead over the rest of the field. DA is in 4th, and devildeac leads bb by 1 post. Fish80, you can pass bb with six more posts. Rounding out the top 10 are wilson, Tilly, and me. (or is that "myself"? grammar police?)
    I slipped one in there on you ArkieDukie...didn't mean too.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I slipped one in there on you ArkieDukie...didn't mean too.
    No problem! It just makes me realize the magnitude of devildeac's accomplishment in terms of consective posts. We're not worthy!

No problem! It just makes me realize the magnitude of devildeac's accomplishment in terms of consective posts. We're not worthy!

Interesting, check the order again...

I'm watching Carolina football, ugggghhh. Oh wait, they are losing to my sister's alma mater. Hey, this isn't so bad.

Well, this isn't turning out well...

Interesting, check the order again...
    Does that mean I passed him? Wow!

lte

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Where is your sense of adventure? Sheesh!
    My sense of adventure does NOT include cross-dressing. New beers-yes. Travel at odd hours-occasionally. New foods-yes. Beer floats-yes. Devildeac does not dabble in female attire. No emoticons. No (jk). No skirts, no boots, no dresses, no hose, no undies. None. Period. Now, I have heard stories about EJ, however...

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    You have now passed BB and climbed into 5th place!
    Thanks, I had not even checked.

lte

You have now passed BB and climbed into 5th place!
    Am I still ahead of you?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    My sense of adventure does NOT include cross-dressing. New beers-yes. Travel at odd hours-occasionally. New foods-yes. Beer floats-yes. Devildeac does not dabble in female attire. No emoticons. No (jk). No skirts, no boots, no dresses, no hose, no undies. None. Period. Now, I have heard stories about EJ, however...
    Do the leather chaps count? If so, I'm afraid you'll have to lose the khakis and go with leather pants.

lte

Genuflection noted.

lte

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Do the leather chaps count? If so, I'm afraid you'll have to lose the khakis and go with leather pants.
    No leather pants or chaps either.

lte

only 7 away from DA-that's a realistic goal

Manager is good. And maybe I can fly your jet, and EarlJam can be my copilot.
    We definitely need a manager and pilot! However, EarlJam cannot be the copilot. As the guitar player, he'll have his hands full with groupies, hang overs, and recreational drug use teetering close to the obligatory tragic hero/rockstar flaw that might eventually break up the band until he and I check into rehab together, only to reform the band 35 years later... I digress. EJ is allowed in the cockpit but only if you give him wings for going a good boy. Perhaps we could get Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Sure, and I also sing (alto) - but not while playing the tenor recorder. That would be a bit tricky.
    You can bust out the vocals during breaks, unless you're thinking you wanna play the recorder nonstop. Might be cool to put in some "oohs" and "aahhs" here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    No leather pants or chaps either.
    Leather jacket? Come devildeac, we need leather in the band!

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    We definitely need a manager and pilot! However, EarlJam cannot be the copilot. As the guitar player, he'll have his hands full with groupies, hang overs, and recreational drug use teetering close to the obligatory tragic hero/rockstar flaw that might eventually break up the band until he and I check into rehab together, only to reform the band 35 years later... I digress. EJ is allowed in the cockpit but only if you give him wings for going a good boy. Perhaps we could get Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
    Don't you mean co-pilot, Roger Murdock?

Roger, Over.

What? Who?