Page 2025 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 102515251925197520152023202420252026202720352075212525253025 ... LastLast
Results 40,481 to 40,500 of 67406
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Singer or band that everyone else seems to love but that you can't stand? I'll start. Bob Seger. Just absolutely can't stand his music.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Journey.

Fleetwood Mac once Peter Green left.

Rod Stewart.

Supertramp.
    If I remember correctly, Wilson is in the no Fleetwood Mac camp.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Early FM (with Peter Green, without the fluff folks) was a serious blues band that cranked.

Then, they went all soft pop suck with Lindsey, Stevie and Christine.
    Last edited by OldPhiKap; 05-11-2021 at 11:30 PM.

Journey is my least favorite band of all time.

I miss that camel that lumbered through the office yelling, "Hump Day!"

Big hit in cube farms.

So, as I expected, our CEO is somewhat walking back the degree of post-COVID remote flexibility advertised. It will still be up to individual managers to set flexible work arrangements. They specifically expanded their search and advertised the position I'm in now as remote flexible so I have it in writing but I'm also a 90 minute drive to the office outside Baltimore if I need to get in. There are people who have already or are in the process of moving. Wondering how they are feeling. They got their boss' approval but the CEO definitely just said they'd like to return to some level of pre-term normalcy.

Suspect this will be happening in offices across America. Our Phase 1 20% back-in-office target isn't until July so still a long ways to go in all this.

The lil monster stirs...

Can’t stand:
    1) Steely Dan
    2) Hall and Oates
    3) just about every band since the mid 90’s
    4) hip hop and rap

When listening to the radio while driving, my reaction time in hitting the mute button is milliseconds if any of this crap comes on.

And get off my lawn, or I’m turning the sprinklers on again.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I’m turning the sprinklers on again.
    Just make sure it is on your day. Here in SA, during drought restrictions that can earn fines up to 1k.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I miss that camel that lumbered through the office yelling, "Hump Day!"

Big hit in cube farms.

So, as I expected, our CEO is somewhat walking back the degree of post-COVID remote flexibility advertised. It will still be up to individual managers to set flexible work arrangements. They specifically expanded their search and advertised the position I'm in now as remote flexible so I have it in writing but I'm also a 90 minute drive to the office outside Baltimore if I need to get in. There are people who have already or are in the process of moving. Wondering how they are feeling. They got their boss' approval but the CEO definitely just said they'd like to return to some level of pre-term normalcy.

Suspect this will be happening in offices across America. Our Phase 1 20% back-in-office target isn't until July so still a long ways to go in all this.
    Guess they didn't do much to optimize real estate expenses in the last year. We shed some leases for additional buildings in this area, so no longer have the same office capacity as before.

I got my coworkers a "Get Better Soon" card.
    Them: "But we're not sick."
    Me: "Yeah. But you could definitely be better..."
    Very Mitch Hedbergian of you. I approve.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    So is Bostondevil.

Musical acts I can't stand:

As I've already mentioned, Neil Young.

Not a fan (but Neil Young is the only one that makes my want to hit somebody):
    Bob Dylan
    Fleetwood Mac
    Journey
    most of the '80s hair metal bands

Side category - Songs that you used to like but you have now heard way too many times and you never want to hear them again*:

Bohemian Rhapsody
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Jack and Diane

* ok, maybe not never, but you'd be perfectly happy with once a year or less

Indeed I am. They're terrible.

Singer or band that everyone else seems to love but that you can't stand? I'll start. Bob Seger. Just absolutely can't stand his music.
    ...and as for this comment, I'm calling the police (not The Police).

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Side category - Songs that you used to like but you have now heard way too many times and you never want to hear them again*:

Bohemian Rhapsody
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Jack and Diane

* ok, maybe not never, but you'd be perfectly happy with once a year or less
    Most of the hair band music and rap Inused to listen to back in the day. When I get nostalgic every few years is about all I can take now.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Can’t stand:
    1) Steely Dan
    2) Hall and Oates
    3) just about every band since the mid 90’s
    4) hip hop and rap

When listening to the radio while driving, my reaction time in hitting the mute button is milliseconds if any of this crap comes on.

And get off my lawn, or I’m turning the sprinklers on again.
    I love me some Hall and Oates. Especially their early Blues stuff that you have probably never heard. And, I'm sorry, but how could you NOT like Steely Dan?!? Kid Charlemagne? Deacon Blues? That's some mellow stuff, Dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Musical acts I can't stand:

As I've already mentioned, Neil Young.

(but Neil Young is the only one that makes my want to hit somebody):
    Yes!!! I will share my hot pink boxing gloves with you on this one. Fingernails on a chalkboard!

Most over-played bands on the radio right now:

Queen
    Bon Jovi
    Prince
    Tom Petty

My radio stations here seem to play a disproportionately large amount of Billy Joel and Elton John. Both perfectly fine in small doses.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I love me some Hall and Oates. Especially their early Blues stuff that you have probably never heard. And, I'm sorry, but how could you NOT like Steely Dan?!? Kid Charlemagne? Deacon Blues? That's some mellow stuff, Dude!
    If I wanted something that mellow, I would just try to get my Doctor to prescribe some valium.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My radio stations here seem to play a disproportionately large amount of Billy Joel and Elton John. Both perfectly fine in small doses.
    I do car Pandora a lot these days.

I'm a little bit of a crazy person: I still buy music. It benefits the artists far more substantively and directly than the pittance in royalties they get when someone plays their work on Spotify or similar, and I have all the stuff I like at my direct disposal. This is one of those personal hills I'll defend.