Page 2021 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 102115211921197120112019202020212022202320312071212125213021 ... LastLast
Results 40,401 to 40,420 of 67399
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I saw “The Dead” on their ‘02 tour in Roanoke and then again in summer ‘03 in Atlanta, and would describe both experiences thusly.
    I was at this “The Dead” show in Atlanta in ‘03:

http://www.otherones.net/other-ones-dead/2003-07-31

I’m sure I have a disc of it, and it is likely available on archive.org — a great streaming resource.

I stopped counting GD shows at 50 — would guess I saw about 75-80 shows. Tons of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I was at this “The Dead” show in Atlanta in ‘03:

http://www.otherones.net/other-ones-dead/2003-07-31

I’m sure I have a disc of it, and it is likely available on archive.org — a great streaming resource.

I stopped counting GD shows at 50 — would guess I saw about 75-80 shows. Tons of fun.
    Yeah, that’s the show I was at too. Rained like crazy all afternoon and then the clouds broke right in time for the show. I remember an epic rainbow over the lawn that night.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    It's Tuesday eve. Blech.

We should really rethink this 7 day week thing and drop Tuesday. It can be the Golden Globes of days of the week.
    Packing for Miami. Staying in Coconut Grove. Tuesdays are great!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Yeah, that’s the show I was at too. Rained like crazy all afternoon and then the clouds broke right in time for the show. I remember an epic rainbow over the lawn that night.
    My main memory was Sammy Hagar singing Loose Lucy; playing guitar in the parking lot before the show; and a kind grilled cheese and falafel in the lot pre-show. Like old times.

Grateful Dead, by a wide margin.

Bands I’ve seen (I think there was a separate thread on this):

The Who (multiple)
    The Rolling Stones (multiple)
    Pink Floyd (multiple — no Roger Waters)
    B.B. King (multiple)
    James Brown (multiple)
    Grateful Dead (many multiple) (and post-Jerry spin-offs including with John Mayer)
    Jerry Garcia (acoustic and electric on Broadway)
    Jorma/Hot Tuna (multiple)
    John Prine (multiple)
    Little Feat (multiple but not with Lowell George)
    Todd Snider (multiple)
    Jonathan Richman (multiple)
    Michael Hedges (multiple)
    Allman Bros. (multiple)
    Dylan (multiple)
    R.E.M. (multiple)
    Phish (multiple, small clubs)
    Robert Earl Keene (multiple)
    Lyle Lovett (multiple)
    Santana (multiple)
    John Hammond (multiple)
    Camper Van Beethoven (multiple)
    Col. Bruce Hampton and ARU (many multiple)
    Johnny Lee Hooker
    The Clash
    Elvis Costello
    Living Colour
    Neville Bros.
    John Hiatt
    Roy Bookbinder
    Atlanta Rhythm Section
    Al Dimeola
    Shadowfax
    Blue Öyster Cult (@Radio City Music Hall of all places)
    Steely Dan
    Rick Danko
    Drive-By Truckers
    David Byrne (Broadway)
    Avett Brothers
    Alison Krauss and Union Station
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Dead Kennedys
    Black Flag
    Arlo Guthrie
    Gaelic Storm
    The Tams
    Willie Nelson
    Leo Kottke
    Eric Clapton
    Joan Jett
    Marshall Tucker Band
    Barrence Whitfield and the Savages
    Marshall Crenshaw
    Psychedelic Furs
    Billy Idol
    Cindi Lauper and the Bangles
    Blues Travelers
    Clarence Gatemouth Brown
    Matt Guitar Murphy
    Taj Mahal
    Delbert McClinton
    Traffic
    Bruce Hornsby
    Bruce Springsteen (Acoustic)
    CSN
    Pat Benatar
    Styx
    Def Leppard and Billy Squier
    Village People
    Adam Ant
    The Police
    Yes
    Moody Blues
    Dr. John
    Albert King
    Ben E. King
    Bobby Blue Bland
    Ray Charles
    John Mayall
    U2 with Public Enemy as opener
    Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets
    Black Crowes
    Dash Rip Rock
    Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians
    Widespread Panic (small party on Emory’s campus — less than 50 people I am sure)
    Kenny Wayne Shepherd (young teenager)
    Butch Trucks (young teenager)
    Elizabeth Cook
    Flaming Lips
    The Jody Grind (multiple — if you know, you know)
    Junior Brown (multiple)
    Keller Williams
    Marcus King (the next big thing)
    Eddie Arnold
    Sha-Na-Na
    Robert Hunter
    Steel Pulse
    Tower of Power
    Warren Zevon

I’m sure I’m forgetting a lot.
    OPK, I'm guessing I can name one you saw but forgot to list... Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    OPK, I'm guessing I can name one you saw but forgot to list... Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes?
    And I'll further wager you've seen them more than once.

Oddly, no. But I grew up in an area where I should have. The failure is on me, not them.

Neil Young is another that I’ve had chances to see but it never worked out. I know it will be a regret if/when the opportunity no longer presents itself.

I’d fly to Timbuktu tomorrow to see Talking Heads if they did one reunion show. Absolutely loved David Byrne on Broadway but would love to see the Heads. I’d fly halfway there to see Peter Gabriel.

Now I’m on my son’s list. Going to Gojira in Asheville in October. Not sure I’m up for that, but SonPK so it will happen.

And I'll further wager you've seen them more than once.
    Because who could ever go see The World's Greatest Bar Band only once?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Packing for Miami. Staying in Coconut Grove. Tuesdays are great!
    Do they have children in Miami?

How did I not know about this? (My favorite part is the old GM tagline at the end)

Last edited by bundabergdevil; 05-10-2021 at 09:47 PM.

In honor of returning to work, and Scottish accents — an oldie but a NSFW goodie:

Do they have children in Miami?
    Yep! New hospital actually and the medical director there did her Fellowship in Neonatology with us at Wake Forest. Excited to see my old friend and go to dinner with her!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Oddly, no. But I grew up in an area where I should have. The failure is on me, not them.

Neil Young is another that I’ve had chances to see but it never worked out. I know it will be a regret if/when the opportunity no longer presents itself.

I’d fly to Timbuktu tomorrow to see Talking Heads if they did one reunion show. Absolutely loved David Byrne on Broadway but would love to see the Heads. I’d fly halfway there to see Peter Gabriel.

Now I’m on my son’s list. Going to Gojira in Asheville in October. Not sure I’m up for that, but SonPK so it will happen.
    Wow. I've seen both Neil Young and the Talking Heads (Stop Making Sense Tour and I won the tickets off of WXDU.) If I could go back in time and give you my Neil Young tickets, I would. I can't stand Neil Young. I know he's a great songwriter but I. CAN. NOT. STAND. THAT. VOICE. Seriously, hearing Neil Young's voice makes me want to hit somebody. I have a deal with the hubby, he listens to Neil Young either with headphones or when I am not in the house.

How did I wind up at a Neil Young concert, one might ask. The guy I was dating at the time begged me to go with him. I took pity on him. Neil Young did 3 effin encores, 3!?!

OK, my saw them in concert list:

The Go-Gos
    A Flock of Seagulls
    Billy Idol
    Talking Heads
    REM
    Neil Young
    Duran Duran
    Elvis Costello
    Squeeze
    Bruce Springsteen
    The Temptations
    Dan Fogelberg
    Imagine Dragons

Saw them in a bar before they hit it big:
    10,000 Maniacs
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    The New Bohemians (before they became Edie Brickell and)
    Indigo Girls

I wish I'd seen Prince. That's about it for musical regrets. I don't like big concerts. I would probably go see U2 if the opportunity presented itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Wow. I've seen both Neil Young and the Talking Heads (Stop Making Sense Tour and I won the tickets off of WXDU.) If I could go back in time and give you my Neil Young tickets, I would. I can't stand Neil Young. I know he's a great songwriter but I. CAN. NOT. STAND. THAT. VOICE. Seriously, hearing Neil Young's voice makes me want to hit somebody. I have a deal with the hubby, he listens to Neil Young either with headphones or when I am not in the house.

How did I wind up at a Neil Young concert, one might ask. The guy I was dating at the time begged me to go with him. I took pity on him. Neil Young did 3 effin encores, 3!?!

OK, my saw them in concert list:

The Go-Gos
    A Flock of Seagulls
    Billy Idol
    Talking Heads
    REM
    Neil Young
    Duran Duran
    Elvis Costello
    Squeeze
    Bruce Springsteen
    The Temptations
    Dan Fogelberg
    Imagine Dragons

Saw them in a bar before they hit it big:
    10,000 Maniacs
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    The New Bohemians (before they became Edie Brickell and)
    Indigo Girls

I wish I'd seen Prince. That's about it for musical regrets. I don't like big concerts. I would probably go see U2 if the opportunity presented itself.
    Damn would have loved to see Squeeze. Fantastic songwriting, with music that sounds simple but is really hard to play/sing well. Sneaky.

Did you see Neil in Cameron? My tour of Duke as a high school senior was the day after that show. Part of the reason I loved Duke when I visited. That, and it was 72 degrees and sunny when I had left Connecticut that morning with snow on the ground.

I met one of the Indigo Girls at a friend’s birthday party in Atlanta in ‘90 or ‘91. Hung out in the kitchen talking to Amy Ray. Very down to earth, even though they were burning the charts at the time. Closer I am to fine . . . .

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Damn would have loved to see Squeeze. Fantastic songwriting, with music that sounds simple but is really hard to play/sing well. Sneaky.

Did you see Neil in Cameron? My tour of Duke as a high school senior was the day after that show. Part of the reason I loved Duke when I visited. That, and it was 72 degrees and sunny when I had left Connecticut that morning with snow on the ground.

I met one of the Indigo Girls at a friend’s birthday party in Atlanta in ‘90 or ‘91. Hung out in the kitchen talking to Amy Ray. Very down to earth, even though they were burning the charts at the time. Closer I am to fine . . . .
    Yes.

In the mid 90s my best friend moved to Atlanta with his partner. I would go hang out with them incessantly because no 2 guys have ever hung out with a prettier coterie of females than these 2 guys. It was amazing really. Chilly from TLC was friends with them and she shot me down in short order one night at a party. I will never forget Michael watching with an amused look on his face and patting me on the shoulder and saying: "Well...that was ambitious."

In the mid 90s my best friend moved to Atlanta with his partner. I would go hang out with them incessantly because no 2 guys have ever hung out with a prettier coterie of females than these 2 guys. It was amazing really. Chilly from TLC was friends with them and she shot me down in short order one night at a party. I will never forget Michael watching with an amused look on his face and patting me on the shoulder and saying: "Well...that was ambitious."
    Don’t go chasing waterfalls!

Don’t go chasing waterfalls!
    Exactly. And shot down is probably not the correct term. I approached her like Ron approached Fleur and she was just as aware of my existence as Fleur was of Ron's.

Exactly. And shot down is probably not the correct term. I approached her like Ron approached Fleur and she was just as aware of my existence as Fleur was of Ron's.
    Nice.

Some big dogs and cats you run with. Ric Flair, Chilly from TLC. Who’s next? You lose a knife fight to Jonathan Taylor Thomas?

I really would like to ask Val Kilmer, why such an aggressive sniff?